Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 K-pop or J-pop - Minitokyo

K-pop or J-pop

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 90 total items

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Which do you like better, Korean music or Japanese music? What artists/bands are your favs? I don't really like Korean music, but BoA is an exception.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

I cant say ive even heard any korean music...
I do kinda like j-pop ive heard some..umm whats that j-pop band where the guys all look like girls? yea that one!

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Ive heard some Korean music, but ive certainly heard more J-pop... I guess im gonna say J-pop, cause i havent heard as much Korean music yet.. and i havent heard BoA yet either

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

J-Pop

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I like more J-pop, haven't heard much k-pop in fact I didn't knew that BoA was k-pop. My fav grous are L'arc en ciel, JAM, DAI.

Earn money reading e-mails here

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

It seems everbody mostly loves J-pop.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

JPOP all the way although I do listen to the occ. BoA and Lee Hyori

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Hmmm... Jpop and Kpop are too different. Can't decide.

Brownie the Cat

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Jrock over Jpop over Kpop >.<

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

xiaku

xiaku

-exotique-

haha, i agree. jrock over JPOP and kpop. but if i had to chooce between JPOP and kpop, i'm going with jpop. maybe it's cause i listen to it more. xD

Signature

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

both

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by akari-chanWhich do you like better, Korean music or Japanese music? What
artists/bands are your favs? I don't really like Korean music, but BoA
is an exception.

Well the funny thing is that K-Pop and J-Pop has a very similar approach in style, so it's quite interesting to see that you don't like many K-Pop tracks at all.

If I were to play two random tracks from two totally different artists from two different countries - would you be able to tell which one is Korean and which one is Japanese? Unless you know one of the languages, chances are - not really.

K-Pop only lacks one thing that J-Pop already has - motivation. That's why people like BoA was a big success with the switch. Ultimately given hope, there are still a couple great K-Pop artists that can be added to the mix as well - BoA entering the top of that league , so of course K-Pop can be considered just as good as J-Pop at times if you have the right influential singers, of course.

Besides, I listen to both - mostly J-Pop here though.

Anyways, through and through - I like J-Pop better since BoA's tracks have more meaning in the Japanese versions [aka Meri Kuri], but obviously the main reason is that there are a lot more talented singers out in Japan, and I can't turn away without noticing such talent - besides, J-Pop was the first thing I was introduced to many years ago back to its original J-Pop roots - and the lyrics and sounds are better overall, so J-Pop for me.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

j-pop... i really can't stand korean ballads...... no offence though...

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

i like j-pop better and Ayumi hamasaki is cool. But BoA also cool

I choose k-pop, mainly because i've listened to more k-pop than j-pop for some reason. My best artist in the k-pop industry would be "As One"

Signature Image

Groups.....::Minitokyo-Australia::. .::Chibi-Fest::. .::KpopFans::.

- from patients comes perfection, although patients has it's limits -

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Celessa

Quote by akari-chanWhich do you like better, Korean music or Japanese music? What
artists/bands are your favs? I don't really like Korean music, but BoA
is an exception.

Well the funny thing is that K-Pop and J-Pop has a very similar approach in style, so it's quite interesting to see that you don't like many K-Pop tracks at all.
If I were to play two random tracks from two totally different artists from two different countries - would you be able to tell which one is Korean and which one is Japanese? Unless you know one of the languages, chances are - not really.
K-Pop only lacks one thing that J-Pop already has - motivation. That's why people like BoA was a big success with the switch. Ultimately given hope, there are still a couple great K-Pop artists that can be added to the mix as well - BoA entering the top of that league , so of course K-Pop can be considered just as good as J-Pop at times if you have the right influential singers, of course.
Besides, I listen to both - mostly J-Pop here though.
Anyways, through and through - I like J-Pop better since BoA's tracks have more meaning in the Japanese versions [aka Meri Kuri], but obviously the main reason is that there are a lot more talented singers out in Japan, and I can't turn away without noticing such talent - besides, J-Pop was the first thing I was introduced to many years ago back to its original J-Pop roots - and the lyrics and sounds are better overall, so J-Pop for me.

Definitely agree with that. But personally I think they're actually the same. I have a playlist that consists of Jpop and Kpop tracks and they sound very consistent. Most Kpop artists do want to make the transition to Jpop because of the trend that BoA has made famous. Some also break into the Chinese music industry though I doubt they'll get rich because of the piracy issues.

Artists like Baby VoX, Shinwah (typo?), Bada, Cho PD, Koyote not to mention Rain, BoA and Dong Bang Shin Gi have very good Korean tracks that are similar to Jpop.

Jrock fans will find it hard to appreciate KPop because Koreans favor ballads and hiphop tracks.

Signature

kk-chan

kk-chan

kk-chan ^-^

I like Korean music more if they're OST from drama series. One exception for Rain and Se7en though. hehe. Otherwise, I like J-pop more. Chemistry, Ken hirai, every little thing, x-japan.

Signature
~Friendship is a priceless gift that can't be bought or sold~

Cpop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jpop or Kpop

Jay Chow, Eason Chan, Wang Lee Hom, ect.

acether

acether

Cool Style, Hot Look

I prefer jap. music to korean music. Maybe because of anime.

Morning sunlight in your eyes brings life to everything
Waking the earth with love and tenderness within
Feel the blooming of the trees vivid in the clear blue sky
So blue that it will take your heart and breath away

Signature

cereshe22

cereshe22

goddess

i prefer korean, not to mention the reason why. :)

I guess it just depends on how the music is tuned ya know? Plus how the voices are. I don't really care for language because the style is quite alike and to me they're both pretty good..as long as it sounds good and I like it, i'm happy. ^_^

Wounds don't always show and scars don't always go away and heal...It doesn't mean they're not there.

Zephyranthez

Zephyranthez

Freeloader

j-pop, mainly because I understand some japanese and absolutely no korean

J-pop maybe? There are also some great K-pop, but ...for japanese language sounds better than korean.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I like J-pop way more. I only listen to K-pop when I run out of J-pop songs. X_x

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 90 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.