Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does love know age? - Minitokyo

Does love know age?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Well what do you think boys and girls? Do you think it's wrong to love someone older or younger than you? (LET'S STAY LEGAL HERE! so both have to be of legal age)
I think personally love does evolve but both partners have to be able to give each other support and time knowing they are both at different levels in terms of emotions and experiences.

Age does not matter.

Typically the man tends to be the senior of the two and in this case, age difference can vary greatly (from 1 year to even more than 10 years). Where the woman is older, the age difference is usually not that great (3 to 5 years maximum). I have a friend who is dating a guy 16 years her senior. Many of my other friends are going out with girls 1-3 years younger than them. I have also dated someone 4 years my junior.

It's more a matter of compatibility and both parties agreeing to "try each others out" while progressing with the relationship.

Regards.

Very good response Enchanter!
What about others...Come on let's hear'em! This could be a great discussion.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by EnchanterAge does not matter.

i have to agree with that...i know quite a few friends who have dated people 10+ older or younger than they are and they seemed perfectly happy with that. people mature differently, or don't even "grow up" at all and always remain a child at heart. i also think compatibility isn't that dependent on age...altho' i'm sure life experience is quite important...but what is important is what their common interests are, what their life goals are, and how their personalities mesh with each other. i think now, age isn't so much of an issue anymore. and finally it's ok for women to date men much younger than they are...guys shouldn't have all the fun by dating much younger women... XD

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

True love knows no bounds.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

That is very true! It's funny but I have dated girls of all ages...Younger than me hahaha and although my last relation has lasted 7 years, I still think love does not see age as something that should matter.

xiaku

xiaku

-exotique-

i personally think age does not matter. it's the qualities that a person holds that show everything. right now, as a 13 year old 8th grader, i'm crushing on a 6th and 7th grade boy. the guy i've been crushing for about 3 years now is a whole other story. message me if you wanna know more. but anyway ... age does not matter in love. it's just a number, you know? i mean, take a look at hikaru utada. she's 22 and her husband is what, 36? just as long as the couple is happy, age is an individual fact on us. xD

Signature

nah its not bad to love someone older or young er than you, well i think the age gap should be like 5 years at most

Good point Xiaku....I'm glad Hikki and her husband have bonded and I hope them all the best. Would love to know if Mai Kuraki is still available (not like there would be a chance but I'm just curious)

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

i dont see a problem with love between two people of different ages, it just gets weird when one of the people is old enough to be the other's parent, but you are only as old as you feel and some people mature faster/slower than others, so a few years difference is fine

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Ahh... yes... true... when your partner is old enough to be your dad... your kid's dad ie. your partner is old enough to be their grand dad... and your partner's other children by the ex-wife are just as old as you... sorry for making this so fuzzled... but I know somebody in this position... plus... the partner ain't divorced yet :S Aye Carumba. But they still seem happy anyways XD

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Sounds complicated but so are many things in life. Thanks for sharing your point of views Yumiko and Kuroimisa...I'm sure the rest will join in and tell us what their take on the question will be.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

This question is a bit broad depend on the age you are talking about. If one is older than the other by a lot. That relationship would seem as perverted to some. I personally think 5 years apart should be the limit.

Signature

Stewy

Stewy

Sword Master

age does not matter if they want to be together i say let them be together its their choices how to live their lives not others

I like swords

Signature

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by Stewyage does not matter if they want to be together i say let them be together its their choices how to live their lives not others

true, but it is all in one's believe. if their age are too far apart, their experiences would be too different, and that is a bit weird for others. they can be together all they want. i don't really care. it is just that i think it is wrong thats all. no offence to any one.

Signature

nozue

nozue

Peanut & Shrimp

I think that it doesn't matter at all, as long as you love each other and care about each other I wouldn't care less about what age the one I love is! ;)

Signature

Toxi

Toxi

Koniferengraf

You can fall in love anytime, I think.
Love doesn't know age.

~I don't need a reason to hate you the way I do.~
www.rpg-bastler.tk

I tend to agree with what had been said here. Love does not know age but as individuals, when that dreamy blur fades away, we need to realize our experiences might be a large gap that needs to be worked on. If the couple is meant to be together, that bridge will already have a strong foundation. If not, it will fail and crumble.
It's really about taking the chance where the younger going for older will hope the old doesn't mind their youth and be ready to accept inexperience. For the older going for younger is to have the patience and youth at heart ^__^

jendeathbot

jendeathbot

death is only the begining

i don't like the word "love" as heartless as that may sound... it's too vague- there are so many types that it seems impossible for just one word to encompess all of those feelings. I love candy..i love my grandmother... i love my lover...love love love. It's overused and has lost some of it's meaning. Regardless... love knows no time when it is true and pure, like that between a mother and her child, or a mentor. As far as sexual partners go.. that can get very complicated, and i think it's easier when they are similar in age- within 1-5 yrs. It doesn't matter whether the boy or the girl is the senior or the junior...those roles are interchangeable to me. However you must keep in mind that each would effect the relationship differently and be prepared for that.

#JapaneseLover#
~Serenity~
[Hispanime] ::Christian-Fellowship::FMA fans::YNM fans::Jpop Fans::SCII fans::QuizCrazy::[Adult-Swim-Watchers]::

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

My honey is older than me 5 years. ^^

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

No. Love is not bound by conditions.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Philyra

Philyra

queen persephone

i don't believe that love should have age boundary. i've known friends that got married to a man 30+ years older than she is. and they're very happy together.
i personally wouldn't care about the ages when it come to the matter of relationship.

there was a net that has no rope; there was a sign that none could read; for the hopeless, there was yet some hope; in the darkness, came the blind to lead.
Signature

awesome answers guys and jen you are right, the word is overused hence me using it sparingly.

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

For the most part I guess I agree that love is independent of age difference, but there are different 'levels' of differences and a line has to be drawn somewhere. For teenagers, dating someone within 1-2 years is consider normal but anything above that tends to seem weird. However once the 20's decade is passed into adulthood, it's quite acceptable and normal to see relationships where the counterparts have a wider range in age difference. But as I said before, there has to be a limit, for instance, a range of 30+ years or sometimes even 20 years seems a bit much to me.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.