Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chrno or Chrono or both? - Minitokyo

Chrno or Chrono or both?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

this seem like a very dumb question but what is the differrence between"Chrno Crusade" AND "Chrono Crusade"? As far as i know then they are the same thing. They are both in English, right? Then why we have two different names?

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

They are both the same thing. Its just that chrono has 2 ways of spelling. it can be spelled "chrono'' or "chrno." Got it?

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Or rather, if you've heard of Chronos (not - look it up) you'd know it has to do with time.
Remember the clock?

Chrono(s) and Chrno. I'd guess it's as simple as that.

If animals aren't supposed to be eaten - why are they made out of meat?

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

But WHY? What is the original one?
And IF they have two spelling. THEN the pronunciation would be different would it? obviously one is missing an vowel.

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Errmmm, i think it was the original author's decision to name it "Chrno Crusade" cuz "Chrono" was a name associated with something already in existance. I guess the localizers who picked up the series decided to go with "Chrono Crusade" cuz for english speakers it would be more 'correct' ( i love quotation marks and apostrophes!)
Me, personally, prefer Chrno, cuz it looks cooler spelled that way.

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Quote by geninlv1Errmmm, i think it was the original author's decision to name it "Chrno Crusade" cuz "Chrono" was a name associated with something already in existance. I guess the localizers who picked up the series decided to go with "Chrono Crusade" cuz for english speakers it would be more 'correct' ( i love quotation marks and apostrophes!)
Me, personally, prefer Chrno, cuz it looks cooler spelled that way.

Agree. Besides that, Chrno sounds original. Hehe XP

Movin'...

Maybe the author just didn't spell it correctly. All I know is that the series is called chrno crusade not chrono crusade.

freetime

freetime

Anime_FreaK

yeah.. i used to call it chrono.. then when i scold my bro for mispronouncing, he pointed to me the word 'chrno' in the manga.. hehe.. ^_^'

iM noT a sTranGer.. juZ a fRen Dat u haVen mEt.. =P

kagomedemon

kagomedemon

Edward Elric's wife

It actually was originally Chrno since it was created by Daisuke Moiyama. I actually think Chrno Crusade is better than Chrono Crusade. It just doesn't feel right to me.

definitely chrno! look at the manga covers... >___<"

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

Hmm...yes, Chrno Crsuade does sound better than Chrono Crusade. They mean the same thing just has different spelling. I think you would put empathise on the "ro" in "chrono" and "rno" like it's one word in "chrno"

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.