Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga suggestions - Minitokyo

Manga suggestions

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Ok I would like for people to please help if you can. I need suggestions for manga for a 13 year old girl to read. She hates readng except for she is really getting into manga. Things she really enjoys are
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
DNAngel
Inuyasha
Junenile Orion
wolf's rain
and shows such as that.

The one requirement she has put out is that it HAS to have cute anime boys in it. You know like High School boys.

I am trying to help her mom find manga that she will enjoy so that there will be something she will enjoy reading. So I would love any help anyone can give!

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Feba

Feba

One wing angel

Maybe Zettai Kareshi;Love Monster or Host club^^

LadyDoku

LadyDoku

Lady of the Sand

Oi---

Have you read 'Girl Got Game'? I went out a few days ago and dumped $100.00 getting the whole set of manga--its THAT good!
Its about a girl who dresses up as a boy to join an all boy B-ball team and ends up falling for this guy she works/lives with. They have their ups and downs and he soon finds out her nasty little secret.
Its the Victor Vicoria thing...... Very Funny!

Some one I know mentioned Girl Got Game. Since that one is coming highly recomended its one that will have to be gotten.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Hard to say, because those are both shonen and shojo, but according to the titels, I would recommend 'Ranma 1/2' for example.

And 'Naruto', since it's my favorite, though I don't know if it's right for 13-year-old.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I think Chobits is a really nice story. Not too long either.

from the titles listed, I don't really see a preference for either shounen or shoujo, but I think Full Moon wo sagashite will be a nice sweet romantic story if the girl is into that. :)

Edit:
well, I'm not sure if the guys in Chobits will be classified as "cute". But I'm a guy, so I can't judge. But I think Full moon should fit that test well. lol

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Jotaro

Hunting squirrel

A classic shôjo like Fushigi Yugii maybe ?

Hikaruu

Hikaruu

Hikaru~

hmm... Hikaru no go was great enjoyment for me, and it has several cute guys in it. It's all about "Go" though, so I'm not sure whether she would be interested or not. That's practically the only manga I've ever read long enough to know the story XD

Signature

Asakura-Hao

Asakura-Hao

Seraphim of Cruxis

Hm..Maybe 'The First King Adventure' is a good manga. ^_^ In my opinion, that's a good manga for young readers.

Signature

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I suggest Lagoon Engine. There aren't any cute guys in this book but the characters look very cute. The same author who wrote DNAngel created this. Anyway it's a really cute book. I also suggest Yami no Matsuei aka Descendants of Darkness. It's kinda scary though.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Fushigi Yuugi or Chobits.

I am invincible!

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Harlem Beat is a pretty good manga. It's got a basketball theme but it's not all sportsy or anything. And I second BorisGrishenko recommendation of Chobits.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

fushigi yuugi is pretty good... i'd also recommend ranma 1/2 or azumanga daioh... my lil sis (age 11) really enjoys those 3...

Signature Image

AngelicRhapsody

AngelicRhapsody

Mmm...Yaoi...

Ummm....

GetBackers
Prince of Tennis
Hikaru no Go
Ranma 1/2
King of Bandits Jing (or Jing King of Bandits)
Tokyo Babylon (any clamp series really...they all have pretty boys (well except Miyuki-chan in Wonderland) and pretty art work
Crescent Moon
Planet Ladder
Demon Diary (if you don't mind shonen-ai hints)
Dragon Knights
Spiral (It's not coming out until October though)
Hands Off!

And I can keep going...but I'll stop...I guess...well I hope these help!

Apparently I had a momentary lapse of sanity which I have yet to recover from.

Besa

Abyss

Sweet and sensitive
Zettai kareshi
Hana-kimi
Girl got game

Signature Image

Pho3nix

Pho3nix

For the Love of Shinobi

I second Besa on Hanakimi. great storyline, cute boys everywhere ^_^ But that's not the focus of the manga, so it's even better.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

get backers (plenty of cute guys, but not necessarily straight)
ranma 1/2
chobits
that's all i can think in a few secs

Ceridwen

nyang nyang

Hanakimi or Ai Yazawa's manga (like Nana, Gokinjo Monogatari or Paradise Kiss).
I don't know if you have Mint na Bokura or Super GALS in your country. Bleach is a good manga too :)

Member of :
#JapaneseLover# | #French-Tribu#
Signature
my own anime goodies >> there <<

detective conan!^^
dn angel
chobtis
girls got game
hana-kimi
ayashi no ceres!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.