Has anime helped you somehow?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Cancel

I start this thread because of a post made here.

Quote by OsirisAnyone notice a lot of depressed people watch animes?

animes...i wonder sometimes if they're good for you

As for me i can tell anime has gotten me out of some depressions and has halped my creative side by drawing and making walls.
it also has med me meet very nice peolple, in anime cliubs, and since is a common thing i have with my friends i can say anime has helped me in many ways, i can't remember them all now.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

chresto

chresto

alu love :*

Cancel

Yes. Anime has helped a lot... Firstly, I found an interesting and creative hobby to waste my free (but limited) time... Secondly, I met, interesting people around me... especially in a greek forum... and I believe, that descussions around anime series are really interesting and thought-provoking... u can talk for ages about a moment and see how other people think and what they believe... Also, I do not believe anime are for kids... because they have a very serious and clever plot (well... most of them :p)... and what they depict sometimes, is not impossible... U get to see ordinary and daily matters in ur screen, something which makes u think how would u react, what would u do and how they do it... (mostly in romance anime). I believe, watching anime helps u mentally even if u do not understand it in the outside...

-.-.-. ph0T0cH0p3r d3sIgn3r .-.-.-
Signature

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

erm...well yes anime helped me quite alot ^^ (some would say that anime is harmful) anyways...i learned to look at the bright side of life...to enjoy what life gives to ya XD that's all....and i learned that life isnt always as easy as it seems....

Cancel

yea i guess at time it served as an anti-depressant for me. I'd be bummed out and find escape in anime among other things

Cancel

anime has not helped me... i used to go out a lot more... and study a lot harder

• Jun 21, 2004

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

Cancel

anti-depressant and also a great thing to waste away time on :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

so erm...anime has some kind of reverse effect? interesting.

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Cancel

Well, yes. I never thought people could be so deep before. Seeing anime, it is clear that at least the authors can think properly, even if the people around me in the real life seem like retarded zombies.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

• Jun 21, 2004
Cancel

Not helped me with anything...

Signature

• Jun 21, 2004

raging_otter

Not In

Cancel

anime made me forget about time and make me sleep less.... :(

Aya-chan

Aya-chan

Lord of the Chipmunks

Cancel

^^ Anime acted as an anti-depressant at times and made me forget certain things...

^_^ Because of anime, I made new friends.

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

Cancel

oh its helped meh alright.......

helped meh go bankrupt -__-

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Cancel

Anime helped me start my Japanese learning. S'about it.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Cancel

Yeah! It helps me, with the deppresing thing, well I'm not always deppresed, you find new friends with something in common, you have something to do when you're bored.

Earn money reading e-mails here

Cancel

hmm, i think it did kinda help me through depression, and i know a lot of depressed people who hate anime, i think its definitely good for you :D

• Jun 21, 2004

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

on extended hiatus

Cancel

hmmmmmmmmmm god question.id say.......yahz...and nopey
ya cause i did made new friends and learn about japanese culture and blah
but nein cause.....addictions are never good for you brains o.O

katz291

katz291

Lil Insane Kitty

Cancel

Anime has helped with a ton of things. I'm not shy no more and I finally speak up for myslef! I'm also more outgoing and hyper active because I like acting like characters. Also it inspired me to learn html and make graphics. Anime is my vitamin! ^^

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES! .

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse

Cancel

I think that my addiction to anime has cultivated within me a respect for cultural diversity, an appreciation for art, and elevated my critical and rational analytical skills!!!

• Jun 22, 2004
Cancel

Anime has definately helped me! Before I got into it, I never had a hobby or something to put my energy into. Plus I didn't have many friends. Getting into it has since gotten me into a group of friends who mean the world to me and I can't imagine living without them ^^ I learned how to draw, computer color, make websites and edit media all stemming from my love and anime and manga, not to mention been entertained everyday but it's amazingness and variety :) It's helped me through hard times and even influenced a positive, strong change in my personality over the years for which I'm thankful. One of the best things to ever happen to me! Amen anime X3

• Jun 22, 2004

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Cancel

Quote by Sir Boingal0toh its helped meh alright.......

helped meh go bankrupt -__-

I agree ^.^
but I hafta say.. anime really did helped me. it helped me in alotta ways. ^.^

Cancel

Well yeah. I use to take things way too seriously, and I guess I'm still more or less a serious type of person but I can see the lighter side of things and since watching anime I have noticed I'm a great deal calmer.

• Jun 22, 2004
Cancel

Yeah it did. Gave me a new perspective on japanese culture.
and also gave me something to do too ^^

Signature

• Jun 22, 2004

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Cancel

I think anime has helped anyone who has lived out of anime for more than a year...
Anime is almost a life style (because for me...it is a life style)

Cancel

It make me want to draw anime, but I'm not really good though. Just need praticing.

• Jun 24, 2004

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.