Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has anime helped you somehow? - Minitokyo

Has anime helped you somehow?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

it makes all my philosophy and psychology classes marginally interesting (I hate 'em). I'd have to say, watching anime and reading manga gives me pretty good illustrations of philosophical abstractions which I'd condemn to hell otherwise.

If knowing is believing, I'm drowning in delusions.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

if anime did anything, it made me more lazy about studying >_>

crazypanda

Work is my life! -_-''''''

Quote by sammoif anime did anything, it made me more lazy about studying >_>

Haha.....me, too. Actually it makes my life more interesting cause without anime I'll be bored to death.

Signature

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

i guess so.......it has had an impact on my social life.....espeically after fruit baskets......it opened me up more...socially. well....anime in general usually gives me good entertainment. also, i guess anime has also taught me the wonder of photoshop~

it also helped me not study for exams and stuff for university....but that's alrite.....i usually manage to pass my courses...lolz

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

All anime does is ... screw up my grades...

So I stopped watching...

Now gaming is screwing up my grades .__.

Signature

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

it seems that the best anime has to offer is helping a bit in your social life and avoid depression in exchange for academic life.
But in my opinion anime is the best way to spoil your academic life
XD

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Lord_Tensai_III

A Gentleman and a Scholar

Yeah, I would say Anime had helped me out. I write a ton of short stories and novels (when I'm not glued to my TV screen watching Seed or some other Anime of course) and I have been inspired by the plots or characters so many times. I even think my writing style, the way I describe people or actions for instance, is anime-like.

Also, it's sparked a little love for the graphic arts in me, which is mostly why I'm here. A lot of anime's are so beautifully drawn that it's hard not to go and immediately try to find scans or walls of them.

Finally, Anime has given me a lot to think about. All Anime (well... all good anime) will have some psychological or social issue at its heart and it'll always make you think. One of my most recent examples of that would be after watching Gundam Seed. It has so many underlying themes in it that it takes a while to digest them all. That I think is the true beauty of anime.

stardusted

stardusted

i am stardust

I think anime can both help and hurt a person. It's done both for me.

While anime is a calming pastime and a good way to talk to (assuming they watch anime) and meet people, it can also draw one's attention away from other things, for example school. Of course, it's not a problem in moderated quantities, but many times I find myself ignoring limits I set for watching anime and finishing entire series. At the same time, however, it motivates me to finish work faster so that I can get to watching a series. Another thing that anime did for me was draw my interest into Japanese culture. The language began to fascinate me whereas I might never have though about taking Japanese before simply because it's not as "useful." There have also been series I've seen that have made me think; books can do the same but they tend to be more dry and diffult to get into. I guess anime has also helped me to become more tolerant of certain types of relationships (clamp stuff especially), at least in writing. But at the same time, I'm less tolerant of people who don't share my opinions on certain series/ideas, though that intolerance was there from the beginning and may have grown idependent of anime, it still nevertheless developed further.

So basically anime has helped me within certain aspects of my life (I write &draw better because of it). But at the same time it's harmed certain aspects of my life (My grades have dropped second semester since I re-etnered the world of anime about that time).

Signature
You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.
-Henry David Thoreau

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Lol anime takes up my time!! SO i suppose it's not that good but.. i love it too much to stop @.@ :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

i think the combination of comics/manga and animes assisted my understanding of the everyday's life in Japan. I picked up their customs, cultural activities, how things work in Japan compared to others, how their educational, political, even government system functions. Animes are a powerful tool in reflecting how the society works and mirrors what people think in reality. It indicates the authors' believes how the world should be and/or how to improve it... anyway, personally, I really think these stuff not only entertain my rather dull life, but also generate thoughts provoking issues to ponder with.

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

I great way of learning Jaapanese culture...and now that I am insane and hyper because of it heh he ^^-

Magically Delicious, yo.

ctrl

JocyWineStar

Yes it does, sometimes, because some of the anime teach us some moral, and sometime the sence in the anime just look similar in our life, so sometime we can learn from it, and be better in our life.

thanos2014

thanos2014

power ranger ^^

anime entertains me . . . this is enough

anime helps me with learning japanese. i don't just watch it for learning, i genuinely love anime. it's a good source to learn japanese but mainly for listening.

Good for passing times..

Yes....anime has helped me escape reality (because reality is worthless), and I've met several....interesting people while going to conventions and the like. Other than that, it's just sucked up most of my money, and mind. But, I love it. Can't help it. Addicted.

its helped me to draw manga and anime......also human

Signature

Once there is peace, then will revenge raign and death will be brought upon the cruel and the evil.

Anime has greatly brought interest into my life. Currently, it is my most obsessive hobby. From Anime, I have learnt and seen many different types of fantastic themes. Of course, my imagination has improves in one way or another. And I always get a satisfying experience when I watch Anime. Learning how to appreciate the art, becoming aquainted with the unique characters, learning their strengths and weaknesses, seeing how they can overcome all obstacles, as well as living their own unique type of life. The passion of Anime burns within me. Of course, Anime is cool afterall. Anime is one of the best hobbies I will ever have. Of course, that includes Manga too. :)

Anime Villains are just so cool!
Long Live Anime!
Anime Forever!

ludoman

ludoman

Hentai Seeker

some animes give joy and some give me sadness but it's good cause you understand things and learn from the mistakes that we see and we realize that could be us!
Seeing anime we learn so much that I don't know how we would learn all that !
for me is the best! I would never trade it for any other animation! And we learn more of japan than if we were to have a guided tour!!

free yourself from hate
and don't die all alone
else one day you'll break
and you won't stop till the last bone!

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

anime and manga has helped me alot: I´ve been depressed and so on for a very long time...and well anime has maked me act more like...me...I´ve gotten out of my shell...so now I accually have friends! ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I learned how to cook rice by watching anime :D

KENSHlN

hitoriki

Quote by b4byfac3anime has not helped me... i used to go out a lot more... and study a lot harder

dude, we're twins. good side of watching anime is, there a lot of funny series, you learn from the main character's mistake, you see differents perspectives of life "jobs, shools, romance, etc". sometimes it helps to choose a hero to follow or reach a goal "posible of course" based on anime. blablabla

if you had fun, did your best and fulfilled your existence purpose, may die with no regrets ^^

[Hispanime]

helped me get thru the boring times and wen i think of the depressing life in college, i think bak to the gold ol times in hs and become satisfied again ;p

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.