Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Signatures and Avatars Help - Minitokyo

Signatures and Avatars Help

page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next » 319 total items

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Ok... since some people can't see to figure it out, I'll make it clear and simple for everyone.
First all, when I say "Your Personal Box" I mean the box off to the top left with:
- Your name
- Submit
- Settings
- Customize Userpage
- Browser Settings
- Logout
In it.

Now...

1. In your personal box, go to "Personal Settings."
2. Once there, at the bottom there is a section called "Avatar".
3. Click "Browse' and find the Avatar that you like in your computer harddrive.
4. Your Avatar MUST be 50x50px. It has to be GIF.
5. Once you have your avatar selected, click "Update Settings".
6. And that should be that! =D

Signatures Images-
1. In your personal box click "Browser Settings."
2. In the middle should be a section called "Signature", and under the box a "Signature Image".
3. Click Browse and find which signature you would like to upload and click "Update Settings".
4. Your signature MUST be at, or smaller than 486x60px. And the file type MUST be GIF (for now at least. =P)
5. If uploaded correctly, the section under your signature called "Signature preview" should have the signature that you selected.
6. After that, in your signature box type "[sigimg]" without those quotes and then click "Update Settings" and you should be all set.

Ok? Any problems or questions post here.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Yup... my avatar is always Gif and 50x50.... BUT! I can't upload! It no matter how many times I tries it won't upload! Is there any limit for the avatar sizes? I mean in 'kb' or something. Like at Project Zen the limit is 6kb... I'm starting to losing my cool...

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

There's no reason for your avatar to be over 6kb in the first place. Even animated ones (like ZZ's) are still under 6kb. So try making the file size smaller.

Signature

knight_chylde

knight_chylde

such a hot gimmick

I also have the same problem. There should not be a problem considering that the avatar I want to use is around 2 kb and it's 50x50.

I have however noticed that if you have a space in your username then avatars will not appear for some odd reason.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Probably because it's trying to do-- for an example for your name-- "knight%nbsp;chylde" which is an illegal character name. Find the name change thread and get your named changed.

Signature

Ooooo, thanks, I was wondering where to put my signature, figured it would be under personal settings not browsing and appearance o.O

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein

Are there any rules against putting links to other sites in your sig?

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Nope.

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by JinzhouNope.

well, no hentai/adult/etc. links

Wandering_Youth

Wandering_Youth

lost in wonder forever...

I get boxes with big Xs for my avatar and sig. It is because of the file size or becuase I used the underscore key?

Edit: Well it's not the title of the pic and I shrank my pic's size to 3kb and I still get boxes with Xs in them.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

For your signature, I don't know. But because you have a space in your name, your Ava doesn't work. And everyone else has gotten their sigs to work. So go recheck and make sure you did everything correctly.

Signature

Wandering_Youth

Wandering_Youth

lost in wonder forever...

Did MT do some major changes because I remember that I gotten the avatar to work when I first joined MT. Is there a file size limit for avatars and sigs?

Edit: Heh, is there anyway to view all the members in MT because I think I may have registered separate usernames because I'm sure I was able to get avatars working when I first joined.

Nasedo_Lyne

The Personifying Force

Oh no! Does this mean all my upload avas, sigs, and 88x31 link banners wont work?

If so, any way I can just add in an underscore or edit my user name? How depressing... :(

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

There's a thread in the Help Section of MT called "Name Change" or something like that. You can also PM Nuriko to change it for you.

Signature

i'm absolutely out ! could you please help me !!!!
umm...why everything what i do is forbidden ?

Signature

croquis

Minitokyo.Lover

im glad i saw this topic...or else i would have been a little unsure of myself haha

Val3f0r

Val3f0r

^*-Wanderer-*^

Can the signature or avatar be made out of the wallpapers from MiniTokyo? meaning took the picture out of the wallpaper

not a complaint but is there any special reason we can't just link to a sig/av we have on our server?

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

when its on MT's server it can check for size and dimension limits.

thanks you to your help :D

There is no answer for Val3f0r. This question is very importat for me too, because I used one wallpaper from MT as a base for my avatar image

Wouldn't it be wonderfull to get into one of the nice manga/anime story? It must be dreamland... ^_^

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

thnx for the help!

Signature Image

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I'd originally made my avatar in png format, which appears to be a third smaller (2224 bytes versus 3820), but it was rejected by MT. Why don't we permit png avatars too?

I was about to cite http://burnallgifs.org/ until just visiting it myself, discovering that the long controversy over Unisys' parent has ended. Yay for software freedom. Regardless there are wonderful technical reasons to like png format images, which I'd look up if I wasn't up way too late already.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

Ummm...my problem is uploading my signature...my signature is an GIF
image and it uploads right but there's some bbcode thingy about how it shows up.

page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next » 319 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.