Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FoxBox: TheAnimeKiller - Minitokyo

FoxBox: TheAnimeKiller

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Eve

Eve

-Witch Baby-

Hello, I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, or if this thread has been on before but...

FoxBox is destroying any anime they touch. The voices for One Piece is brutally unappropriate and they seem to can't afford any new voice actors because they all sound the same with their line-up of Shaman King, Sonic X, One Piece, etc.

Seeing as how I still watch some cartoons (sadly) I find that many people can relate to this kind of complaint. Even comics about it.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=145

It's funny. x_x

Here's a few people who might agree:

I sware if Naruto is picked up by Funamation were all f***ed! They suck at doing shows for america,

they will most likely reck naruto like they did to One-Piece wtf is Luffy... @$$es

I hope someone better picks Naruto up. Or not at all because then we can be happy with just subs.

-kanopon

I hope not! If 4 Kids Entertainment gets a hold of it and puts it on the Crack Box, me and Shadow Sand are gonna go ballistic! That would suck so much!

At first, One Piece was actually pretty good, but as soon as they brought it to the Crack Box, they screwed it up.

-Gaara Of The Sand

Never put Foxbox and Naruto in the same sentence ever again...

-MetaCal

What are your thoughts?

Signature Image
And I....silently, I scream. .. inside I barely breathe...
(signature cannot be longer than 4 lines)

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

^_^' i never got my hands on such american dvd's ... i already thought the french voices were bad on some anime ... i see you think the same about some us firms ... there's nothing greatest than VO.
it was my 0.02$

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

I agree ......Fox Box is tearing apart good animes and turning them into garbage.
Shaman King is so badly edited that the story doesn't follow the storyline of the Jap. vers.
One Peice is made into a insanely stupid cartoon.....not anime cartoon.
Sonic X is being mutilated.
The Fox Box is gonna bring Tokyo Mew Mew here.
They call it Mew Mew..........it's horrible.
The translation is Simply horrible.

No Reward + No Consequence = What's the F$cking Point?

Signature

*vomits on funimation* i HATE when they have bad dubs. it's like you can't focus on the anime because you're too involved in what a bad job the voice actors did and it ruins the entire expieience.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

It's your god. They're your rules. *You* go to hell.

Eve

Eve

-Witch Baby-

I agree, I really hate what Foxbox has done with Shaman King and One Piece.

They have the same background music and same voice actors, and they think they're all cool by sticking in stupid sh***y songs for the theme song. Example: One Piece.

I prefer the manga. -.-

Signature Image

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

well i guess we all have to hope that adult swim picks it up, at least then chances are only the voices will be bad ' -'

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Spanish dubs are better, I think so, the images at the site were funny! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

its just not the same on the fox box. they change the dialogouge and the names, for example on shaman king th chracter tao ren had his name changed to len or lenny its just not the same

Yes, they kill anime. >_<

SurvivorofHate

Hero of Tommorrow

It's not fair to us, the anime fans when 4Kids picks up good anime and "tears" it apart so it can be suitable for the younger audience. Pocket Monsters(Pokemon), Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sonic X, Shaman King and now One-Piece. These anime should be left alone as the original creators intened to be. If its continue to go one like this, Our only safe haven would be Fan-subs and Adult Swim.

At one time, my heart was full of hatred and sorrow.
I didn't care about anything or anyone that stood in my way.
But when I looked back at the pain and destruction I caused, I finally cried tears of sadness.
Now, I promise myself to start living for something else...

...Something other than hatred.

Personally, I would never rely upon the networks saturday morning programing for my anime needs (Thats what consumable income is for), too much emphasis on making them kid-safe.

Signature
	Image[/img]

Okoru

Title? what's that?

They vex me. I abhor them. I've never liked watching dubbed anime, most of the time I do something less painful, like hit my head repeatedly on a wall. Fan-subs 4 t3h win.

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
-Confucius

zabuzademon

zabuzademon

sunagakure's pride

shaman king: they made a chinese warlord......have a british accent.....WTF?!
tokyo mew mew: WTF is me mew power?
kirby: ehhh, i dont mind that that much......
sonic x: same......

DAIKIRAI><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Signature

Tasana

Tasana

~~....Longing for Serenity....~~

i completely agree w/ kireikittychan!! funimation sux x_x

Signature

Eve

Eve

-Witch Baby-

Quote by zabuzademonshaman king: they made a chinese warlord......have a british accent.....WTF?!
tokyo mew mew: WTF is me mew power?kirby: ehhh, i dont mind that that much......
sonic x: same......

Omg, good point with those british accents. They clearly LOOK chinese too! They're so stupid! They're gonna confuse little kids! The little ones will assume all chinese guys will have british accents.

That sounds kinda funny ._.

But... it really pisses me off. I read the one piece manga, then it started to appear on foxbox. Ever since then, I started hating it, I can't read the manga anymore, their dumbass voices pop into my head, same with shaman king.

damn YOU foxbox!! MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN cartoons! STOP stealin THE anime!

Signature Image

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

At least Mexican dubs are wonderful :)
But, like Okouru said, there's nothing like listening to the original voices with captions. I suppose that's because it's harder for a dub voice actor to recreate the quality of the original Seiyuu.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Okoru

Title? what's that?

Quote by Eve
Omg, good point with those british accents. They clearly LOOK chinese
too! They're so stupid! They're gonna confuse little kids! The little
ones will assume all chinese guys will have british accents.
That sounds kinda funny ._.
stop stealin THE anime!

I'm chinese :) I can have a british accent if I wanted to ;)

But you have a point, after watching horrible dubs of a series, it kinda makes it hard to watch it/read it in anything else. Stupidity endures it seems. (I can't weed out my stupidity :( )

Quote by DaNuke
But, like Okouru said, there's nothing like listening to the original
voices with captions. I suppose that's because it's harder for a dub
voice actor to recreate the quality of the original Seiyuu.

Glad to see another person shares my point of view. I can't bear to watch dubs; they just sound stupid imo. Also, ever notice sometimes there's speech without mouths moving? ;) It also works the other way around too ;)

-Confucius

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

roflmao, a bash 4kids thread. XD

Yeah, 4kids suck and FUNimation as well for even making the DVDs w/o a subbed version. >_> I mean, sure FUNi makes good dubs for Full Metal Alchemist and Yuu Yuu Hakusho, but that's not enough for me to love them. Even tho they DID release subbed versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shamana King... but meh. Doesn't stop them from butchering other anime.

Shopro licensed Naruto and from looking at Rockman.EXE aka "Megaman NT Warrior", they're pretty evil too.

Anyone who hasn't seen the One Piece of Crap movie should go

http://www.deviantart.com/view/11707485/

to see one hilarious flash movie...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Whatever we say, minna, they only come to one conclusion: watch THE original. NO dubs. -_-

Movin'...

ROFL XD O man, I can't stop laughing at these webcomics you guys shared! XD Whew, anyways it's a shame that FoxBox and KidsWB are licensing animes that are not supposed to be kid-friendly! >_> Jeez, at least get the original japanese voices to learn English and do the dubbing themselves! :sweat: Hey, Adult Swim might hav sum iffy voices on their animes, but at least the action is intact and they hardly edit anything! :)

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

The comic was funny, I enjoyed it. XD
abfkjsjkldammit! The Fox Box makes me want to puke. No, really.
I can't believe 4Kids hasn't gone out of business yet. I'm still cringing from the "Mew Mew Power!!111!!!!11" title change. Though I don't really like Tokyo Mew Mew, just...O_o.
Hey, 4kids. You want a series to brutally violate? License something that's already crap.

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

Quote by Athrun
Anyone who hasn't seen the One Piece of Crap movie should go
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11707485/
to see one hilarious flash movie...

LMAO! xD haha, omg, dat was hilarious! thanks for da link, haha *dies laughing*

Edit: Foxbox and Kidswb both suck. period.

Signature

Okoru

Title? what's that?

I know it might seem extreme to say this, but: dub = sucks. There are some exceptions, but I stand firmly by my belief that anime should be watched (hell everything) in it's original form/language. People who dub crap should suffer from horrible impalations in the nether regions... from katana's crusted and rusted by blood...

*evil thoughts*
>=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

-Confucius

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

Don't be surprised, they have the same voice actors for like every anime. The editors just don't care about hiring the right person to do the voice acting plus there aren't a lot of voice actors aren't there who want to sub for anime. It just really ticks me off :angry: ! That's the same for every other nation too, they never get it right. No one really cares about subbing right these days -_-

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.