Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Dumb Questions? - Minitokyo

Dumb Questions?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

Everytime I made a thread, asking everyone something. I usually wonder "is it too much of a dumb question?" So now i'm asking you :
Is there a "dumb" or "stupid" question?
Think about what if somebody else already made an indentical thread/question before. Or it's such a simple question that everyone, except the one who asked the question, already know the answer. Or if that person has no one else to ask so their only choice is to make a thread.

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

There is merit in all questions, but if questions have been asked before or if there are recent/active threads already existing on certain topics, then duplicate threads should not be created for them. There is a search tool here for a reason. Granted, it has its quirks, but there is a tutorial on how to use the Search feature effectively in Noob Bible #2 in the Help Forum.

Also, threads that really serve no purpose or are there just to garner posts to work towards levelling up also really shouldn't be made. Besides, when people have questions about Minitokyo, just about all of them are answered in the FAQ, Policy, or one of the two Noob Bibles already, and when people have specific questions about non-Minitokyo things, often times five seconds on Google yield an answer.

Forums allow for a lot of discussion with people you would not normally get a chance to be able to share ideas with, but when forums are cluttered with so many duplicates or pointless threads, it's hard to be able to get to the interesting matters or to be able to see everyone's opinion because because of the redundancy and the fluff.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

freetime

freetime

Anime_FreaK

yeah its actually dumb.. but wad if the person is really desperate to know the answer of something but has got no time to look in the forum.. ^_^'

iM noT a sTranGer.. juZ a fRen Dat u haVen mEt.. =P

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

No offence, but my teacher always tells me that there is never such thing as a dumb question.

Questions are questions. How do you classify them as smart or dumb? My answer is that you can categorise them into questions easily answered, or questions that are difficult to answer. By all means there is no such thing as a stupid question.

As for asking questions on threads.... well it does help if you search up the topic quickly in the forum to see if you get any help from previous threads, but even if you start your own, I don't think that's a problem at all.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Quote by kuroimisaNo offence, but my teacher always tells me that there is never such thing as a dumb question.
Questions are questions. How do you classify them as smart or dumb? My answer is that you can categorise them into questions easily answered, or questions that are difficult to answer. By all means there is no such thing as a stupid question.
As for asking questions on threads.... well it does help if you search up the topic quickly in the forum to see if you get any help from previous threads, but even if you start your own, I don't think that's a problem at all.

i must agree with that

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

I agree with kuroimisa too... :)

Whos to say ALL questions aren't dumb?
or ALL questions are smart...

Personally I think every quesiton should be asked unless its impractical..like:
"Do you brush your teeth? :
1.Once a day
2. Twice a day
3.More than twice
4. NEVER?!

(sorry if i seem like im rambling..I'll go sleep now, i pwomise ^_^' )

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i dont really think its worth it to even worry... people strted complaining about gallery comments an now im totally intimidated from lookin @ an commenting on walls..dont let it happen to you, kanvas-duude, keep on truckin!! plus, if a moderator thinks the question is too off, they'll just delete it, simple as that...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.