Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 They say u can just tell... - Minitokyo

They say u can just tell...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

People say u can just tell what kind of people like anime is that true?
If so would that mean that we are a group that can be identified by our likes just like skaters,rap people, surfers, preps, possers, ect.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

vaiowega

vaiowega

100% Recyclable

I think we are not, but I don't care too ^^

Watching anime and reading manga is a hobby, a part of my everyday's life, but I don't wear cosplay (like rappers :-p), I can watch something else, not only anime (the same for reading manga)

But we can identify the group of otakus... for them we can say they have a "different" life, hearing mostly japanese music, reading only mangas and watching only animes... it's their main activity...

Signature
Administrator of .: Straw-Hat Pirates :.
Member of .: Anime Paradise :. .: Bleach :. .: Force-Firefox :. .: French-Tribu :. .:Ecchi-Club :. .:Fullmetal-Alchemist-Fans:.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Just liking anime and manga doesn't have a sterotypical aspect to it. Otaku generally have a sterotype as freaky or fat guys in glasses, often characterized by having shirts with hot anime girls on them.

There are also the Cosplay Otaku who will wear a cosplay costume every chance they get (I know, I have a friend that is a Cosplay otaku and at Halloween she was walking around in Hakama, with a bird on her shoulder dressed as Subaru from Tokyo Babylon/X.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

there's always this small group of people that satisfy this stereotype so it's hard to say, but for me I always thought anime was an asian thing, but as I knew more about anime from magazines and forums I learn that even Caucasains and african-americans watch it too ( i hope that didn't offend anyone)

OceanAngel01

OceanAngel01

umi no tsubasa

I don't think you can really tell, except for the fact that they tend to hang out together, but I guess so, maybe. In my Japanese class a group of us hang out on weekends and watch anime. However, I don't think you could tell by just looking at us.

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Maybe that was extream but I mean can u tell if a person likes anime. And if so can it be a social thing (note we are on an anime forum)

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I'm ot sure if what you say is true ArucardsMaster. But anime is part of my everyday lifestyle. I read the mangas and watch the show and basically the same thing that vaiowega
said. But I'm not realy sure on by looking at someone, they watch that anime.

Signature Image

Faraday

Faraday

dreamer

They only reason people know that I'm into anime and manga is because I enjoy talking about it with friends and reading the manga at school. Most people would never have guessed that I was into it.

How does one classify who is, and who is not, a dreamer? Do we not all have dreams? Are we not all, at some point in our lives, a visionary or an idealist. And are we not all, at some time, impractical people, willing to dream future lives that we will never be able to reach?

I am a dreamer. Are you?

rorikon

mabinogi - fantasy LIFE

It depends on how far are you in the otaku way of life. If you're not far enough, I don't think people could tell you apart from other people. Right?

And I remembered my mother words...
"She's still in the sky... waiting for you. Crying alone. We all found her and came close to her but... none of us... could save her."

"You wish for her to smile."
"Will I be able to?"
"I'm sure you will.... But, if you want to live you own life, you could forget about her. You could leave it all behind and live your own life..."
"But someday... you'll remember all of it. Because it's our destiny, you two will meet... somewhere..."

The princess smiled... she just met her only friend.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i don't think you can tell... i mean if they're obvious, like having pins or talking about anime, then it's pretty easy, but i've met some people who if i hadn't talked to them about anime, i would have never guessed they were a fan. and for me, i don't think most people would guess that i was an anime fan if i didn't talk about it so much! XP

Signature Image

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

I put this thread because the other day at work I was training a new guy and out of nowere he asks me "what kind of anime do u like" I looked at him like he was crazy. I never talk about my personal life at work and if he was a frend of my frends I would have known. I asked him why he asked he said " U just look like u'd like anime a lot."
Y did he say that, its creepy

~Hellsing~

i say who gives a crap. if some one likes anime, awesome we can talk about it with them. if they dont, fine by me. Doesnt matter whether we can tell if he or she likes it in the process of knowing them.

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

So I guess it really just doesnt matter

~Hellsing~

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

I'm pretty quiet in real life, it's hard to type me at anything from looks.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Quote by animefreak3I'm pretty quiet in real life, it's hard to type me at anything from looks.

I think that might be the steriotype. No?

~Hellsing~

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Quote by ArucardsMaster

Quote by animefreak3I'm pretty quiet in real life, it's hard to type me at anything from looks.

I think that might be the stereotype. No?

Of what?

As a friend said the other day. "If you don't saying anything you leave me free to imagine the worst." (talking about buying an antenna)

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.