Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hypnotism - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 12 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

What do you know about hypnosis?
What do you think of hypnosis?
Have you ever been hypnotized?

Just curious as to what people's opinions are on this. ^^

The last time hypnosis was tried on me, it was nothing like the things you see in the movies/tv/anime/novels etc. It basically didn't work =_=

Something I found interesting: People who are more easily hypnotized supposedly have greater capacity for concentration. That explains a lot of things...

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

-- never seen it -- never tried it -- never felt it -- i'm clueless bout it -- T_T i probably would NOT want to be hypnotized!! i'd probably end up doing crazy stuff!! >_<

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Oh, i've watched shows where they've 'hypnotized' people, tho, i don't buy it myself. Really, the so called audience could have been full of actors. ~_~

Signature

hmmmm .............. it is an interesting topic. but i dunno much about it. it wud sure be fun to learn it if it really works. hehe :)

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

mind over matter, it appears to work... look at martial arts, especially those that put pressure on sharp objects on their throats and not get pierced... its all in the mind supposedly, but im still learning how far this truly goes... concentration does seem key

-repeat-

I would love to be hypotised on camera, so I could see all the things they made me do , like eating an onion like it was a delicious apple (I saw that on Maury once...)

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

Nah, tried on people are on very fun, I have seen couple of instances which they tried it on animals, lol, that is really funny

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

For me, HYPNOSIS is putting a person into sleep and also HYPNOSIS is a part of being PSYCHIC of a person and not only HYPNOSIS is included in PSYCHIC, and their are also many you can do when you are a PSYCHIC person.

In my psychology classes at college I was virtually told that hypnotism doesn't really work. You will see those ads where they have seminars on being hypnotized to loose weight. It is a big joke and a bunch of crap! There is some hypnotism that can be used to find repressed memories but even that is kind of shady. I would have to say that the people who are hypnotized are just gullible and they aren't really being hypnotized. Science hasn't proven that hypnotism has cured or solved anything. And when you are put to "sleep" you are still semi-conscience and that is why you can talk and know what to do and say later on.
I might have all the facts right but that is the basics of what I remember. I had teachers that were big skeptics of hypnotism!

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

One person who claims to know how to hypnotize people (forgot who) says she uses the droning of her voice to start people in a trance. I heard hypnosis is used in expensive drug therapy. I personally have never witnessed hypnosis so I am a bit skeptical on the matter.

The problem with hypnotism is, as cheza2283 said, his/her psychology teacher said that it does not work. Although this is true to some cases, in reality it is just the opposite. It ACTUALLY WORKS.

The fact is, if you have a strong mind or an intention that no one will be able to hypnotize you, then it becomes extremely hard for a person to hypnotize you. Hypnotism is based on 'mind over body'. The stronger the mind (which resist against it) the higher the chance of not getting hypnotized.
Another fact is, like every cases in human history, there is always exception. There was one person during WWII, who Hitler tried to capture, because he could control people's thought just by giving orders to a person. He used this power first when escaping from home on a train WITHOUT A TICKET. He gave blank white small paper to the checker and the guy took it as a ticket. Later he used it to escape German prison, by giving DIRECT ORDERS to the soldiers who locked him in the cell! Believe it or not both CIA and KGB revealed SOME INFORMATION about him after WWII, about 10 years later...(I am not sure about the time when.)

Anyway, hypnotism is also dependent on the hypnotizer (hypnotist). If he is strong then chance goes up.
There are many different ways to hypnotise a person. Chinese used "acupuncture pressure point" to control muscle and mind to some degree (note that it has nothing to do with acupunture with needles).
In India, people use hand signs or seals to hypnotise people. This is popular in Western countries as well, however, India developed it thousands of years ago for self improvement, not for magic show!
A person who hypnotize himself is called mesmerist (from the word Mesmerism).
If you look carefully, you will see that hypnotism is all about manipulating the mind. Today's magicians use tricks and low level hypnotism. The true form of it is extremely strong and very few can actually do that.

The method (not trick) is:
Using proper hand signs, suggestions (psychology, heheheh), and in extremely rare cases, using energy channeling, a hypnotist reduce a person's brain wave from standard alpha (Berger's wave) or similar wave to very low frequency gamma or theta wave. This means that hypnotized person loose his control over his body ('unconscious' takes over the body and is open to suggestion given by the hypnotist).
That is pretty much it. There is more to it than that, but I don't want to write a book on it here! So that is a summary I guess.

"To know you have enough is to be rich." - Tao Te Ching

That's pretty strange. I thought that ppl who are hypnotized easily would have LESS capacity for concentration!, hence they are hypnotized easily?! And vice versa? Lol, i dnt know....

I believe in hypnotism and its cures for fears and all that tho... but i dnt believe in ppl being hypnotized to commit acts like dance like a chicken or something...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.