Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I'm stupid... what's a vector? - Minitokyo

I'm stupid... what's a vector?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

what the heck is a vector?

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

lolz, don't worry, I didn't either and had to ask someone. ^_^' It's almost doujinshi, like a trace/re-drawn artwork of an image. Usually done with a program like Photoshop..etc Ok, I'm not 100% sure, correct me if I'm wrong. :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

ooooooo thanks so much!!! you made it sooo clear now.. hehe... brainfart.. -_-;

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

lolz... teehee~ no problem! ;)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Lucy's description is correct.
I'll add a bit :
Vectors are re-traced artwork. Mainly, you re-draw the entire image using colored polygonal shapes using softwares such as Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Flash/Freehand, or Photoshop. These shapes are arranged to match very closely with the original drawing. Usually, ppl do vectors because the original image is either in small resolution, obstructed by other objects, or has lots of noises and raster prints

Vector results in a very high quality image, an exact reproduction of the original image, ready to be used in wallpapers or posters.
For more info, go to http://www.vectorage.com/, or contact http://tama-neko.minitokyo.net/

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Vector art (like Adobe Illustrator), i.e. art that is not colored pixels, but lines and shapes. Vectors are great, because they can be resized to ANY size, and still look good (even poster size). That would be great for most of the scans.

Does MT have a section where the vector files themselves are posted? I can only find rasterized vector images.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by efalskenDoes MT have a section where the vector files themselves are posted? I
can only find rasterized vector images.

unfortunately, raw vector files such as AI, CDR, and others takes up considerably more space, and since the images posted here are mainly for wallpapering purposes, we don't really have the need of altering a finished vectors or modify them further... Considering this, I think it would be less likely for Sheqel to implement such filetypes in the future.
If you want, you can just post the compressionless and highest resolution possible raster of the vector instead.. :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Vector is a resizeable array aswell, if you are interested

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.