Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Jealousy...why? - Minitokyo

Jealousy...why?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

i have thought about this question i have asked to myself for a while and i thought"Why is there so much jealousy in this world?" Man it just kills me that God put jealousy in this world and it just makes my life so...awful! I don't understand what the purpose of it is anyway!

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Hm.. Well jealousy is pretty common if you think about it. There are thing's people have that others don't and really wish they have it as well. But as life has it, not everything is within easy grasp. The purpose to jealous is to make you appreciate the quality or things you have rather than to compare oneself with another.

Nice way to look at things Keough but humanity will never truly be satisfy with that alone. Hence envy stabs into our lives. Try to say that to those poor people out there who looks at people eating and living in a place they dont possess.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well, its not God's fault we feel jealousy, its our own really. No one to blame but ourselves for that matter. Instead of getting jealous, perhaps try and feel good for the other person and what they have. Thought, jealousy is just something thats out there sadly, not much you can do to get rid of it all together.

Signature

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

I suppose the worst thing about jealousy is that...it always leads to hatred. Haven't you felt that way? When someone had something you wanted, and you began to hate them for having it?...

yes...I've felt that way and I rather sometimes look the other way...for my sake and the others'

...we are all human and as such are not perfect and when we see what others have, what we don't have and what we'd like to have, jealousy can rear it's head so very easily...I agree with what Skysong said, it's not God's fault....we all have free will...we all feel jealousy at some point in our lives but it's how we choose to react to it that matters.....somebody gets better marks than you, someone's more popular than you, has more money, a better house, a girl/boyfriend etc...you can let jealousy take control of you or you can put your foot on the brake and travel down another path....one that leads us to feel glad for one another, help one another, befriend one another, try to do the best we can, no matter what the outcome...we all have different gifts and abilities that will shape our lives.....jealousy will always exist because everyone's unique..but as to how much we let it play a part in our lives...well, that's entirely up to us....

cereshe22

cereshe22

goddess

yeah i thinks its a common feeling, sometimes its for us to know if we love really love the person or not. you know what i mean?

Valary

Valary

FuRiouS

well for me it's like a test to show how much you care about someone and how dear he/she is to you.. The more you get jealous the more you care for him/her

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I end up feeling jealous because of higher authorities. I feel that I can do so much more if I had more authority, and as a low-ranked person in the hierarchy, I'm limited to only doing so much. So I become jealous.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

teaser

teaser

cat says: miaou!

i feel jealous for the eyes of anime and cats... so pretty colours!!! wow!

i can't draw to you what i'm think... well you see i am an artist! do you jealous a lot? :o)))

Cadi

Cadi

True

I guess is when someone is better than others, the others feels put down and envys that person. And you know when friends fight over a boy or something, if the guy chooses one and the others will think how am I not better and all these questions and get really jealous. Also like when you get jealous of guys/girls that your bf/gf talks to, its sometimes because you feel inscure thinks that you might lose him/her...

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Quote by melmachine18I end up feeling jealous because of higher authorities. I feel that I can do so much more if I had more authority, and as a low-ranked person in the hierarchy, I'm limited to only doing so much. So I become jealous.

hey it's ok! don't try to feel that way. just think that you are different and that you can be better than them if you be yourself.

i find that the best way to relieve jealousy is to tell the person..i always admit to my jealousy, its always very relieving...jealousy is one of the most disgusting emotions....i'd rather be happy for people and make them feel good about whatever they have than get all hyphy and strike them down...but isnt saying that hella people are jealous of you a social no-no? wont it make one seem kind of...conceded? i mean...i dont mean to offend, thats just seriously a question of mine... :\

Quote by ThaIsland212i find that the best way to relieve jealousy is to tell the person..i always admit to my jealousy, its always very relieving...jealousy is one of the most disgusting emotions....i'd rather be happy for people and make them feel good about whatever they have than get all hyphy and strike them down...but isnt saying that hella people are jealous of you a social no-no? wont it make one seem kind of...conceded? i mean...i dont mean to offend, thats just seriously a question of mine... :\

hey sorry but i couldn't uh*laughs* comprehend the last bit you put on your comment. please say again what you mean.

Quote by crossfusioni have thought about this question i have asked to myself for a while and i thought"Why is there so much jealousy in this world?" Man it just kills me that God put jealousy in this world and it just makes my life so...awful! I don't understand what the purpose of it is anyway!

I personally don't believe God put jealousy in this world, I really don't have firm beliefs of God existing, nor do I think that if he did, he would impose his will on us like so. I'll venture away from a religion debate.... regardless, jealousy is our reaction to somebody else having something we want, or being what we want. Everybody feels it some time or another.

Can't really get rid of it.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Jealousy is human nature. We want stuffs that is better than we have right now. It is a part of our genes that helps us to survive as a race.

Jealousy is one of our strongest motivations. It helps us to invent new things and improve ourselves.

Without jealousy, we might still be in the stone age, and be happy to eat raw food.

Signature

sakuralim

Love is ......

maybe we get jelous because we have lost attention from someone we love or we want to known by someone else that you are there, special or exist.
hehe, that's what I think ^^"

TemplarKnight

DVAE FACIES

Yeah , being envious is a way of discouraging one because of thier own insecurities.

I hate the emotion also... damn peptides

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Jealousy is a very human emotion. Everyone i know is jealous cause their friend is richer or their friend has better grades or their friend is more popular... The list just goes on and on. Its unavoidable. To reduce this sorta feeling, just remember 2 things.

The first is that satisfaction is the greatest joy. Man isn't easily satisfied, and i have to admit to not being always satisfied, but telling yourself this more often will lead to you being more able to take things in stride.

The second is to remian focused on your goal. Whatever others have or can do has nothing to do with what you eventually become or achieve. Remember that and remian focused and you tend to get jealous less often because what you know that him being more popular than you doesn't really have any impact on how you yourself turn out. Even in a competition, its important to tell yourself that giving your best, and not winning, is the most important thing.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Quote by cardmageJealousy is a very human emotion. Everyone i know is jealous cause their friend is richer or their friend has better grades or their friend is more popular... The list just goes on and on. Its unavoidable. To reduce this sorta feeling, just remember 2 things.
The first is that satisfaction is the greatest joy. Man isn't easily satisfied, and i have to admit to not being always satisfied, but telling yourself this more often will lead to you being more able to take things in stride.
The second is to remian focused on your goal. Whatever others have or can do has nothing to do with what you eventually become or achieve. Remember that and remian focused and you tend to get jealous less often because what you know that him being more popular than you doesn't really have any impact on how you yourself turn out. Even in a competition, its important to tell yourself that giving your best, and not winning, is the most important thing.

man...that really meant alot to me thanx.*hugs cardmage*u showed me the better way to look at things instead of a jealous persons eyes.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.