Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 strength vs agility - Minitokyo

strength vs agility

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

just wanted to know which factor would you prefer in a fighting game?

for me i would choose agility......
coz when i use Hugo or Earthquakein SVC : Chaos i always got in a hard battle with other character who are faster than mine....>_<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Only fools rely on evasion!!! Pure attack is the way!!!

Earthquake and Hugo are very good characters if you know how to handle them correctly. I prefer guys like Yuukuuzan Anji (Rurouni Kenshin) becaus ethey have pure raw strength!!!

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I'll choose agility because I could wear my opponent down quicker that way.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Though strength is important I find it more usefull to have agility ;)

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Agility for me. Mostly because I'm not especially strong.
Besides, kicking ass with agility is way more spectacular then with just strenght. XP

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Oh, I am gonna have fun beating up you guys!!! Come on guys, What's agility if you're opponent has bottomless stamina and a tactical mind. Speed isn't everything you know, maybe except for driving.

I am the master of the middle finger, drinkers among beer drinkers and I am gonna stomp a mudhole in your ass and walk it dry. - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Signature

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

agility with this i can evade the enemy and attack other site quickly

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

Agility is better. It means that even though you inflict less dmg at a time, you can attack more often and avoid your opponent's attacks too.

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

But I can predict every move you're gonna make so you can't do anything!!!

Signature

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

If you had strength and agility you would be perfect but in a one on one agility would win because strength doesn't have the reaction time to stop agility.

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Basically this is a summary of a great fighter:

Strength - 100%
Speed - 100%
Defense - 100%
Agility - 100%

Strength and Defense are Power attributes which rely solely on pain tolerance which is practically anyone can overcome. Power types are reliant on technique and defense to pull off a win. A well-conditioned body is a very powerful weapon.

Speed and Agility are Speed attributes which rely on stamina and dexterity and requires a lot of energy to pull off. Lacking in strength,, Speed types are reliant on number of attaqcks and shear smothering. Speed types need weapons to support their

Optional attributes are:

Technique -100%
Dexterity - 100%
Experience -100%
Concentration - 100%

Technique and Experience are a Power types best friend, increasing their chances of a succesful one-hit kill or a very damaging blow.

Dexterity and Concentration are a Speed types best friend, giving them maximum control over their body for successful flurry of hits.

*Note that stamina is a requirement for both types.

Basically you cannot state that something is better if you have this sort of things. You could pair a Power type that doesn't has brains but just attacks continuosly with an evasive Speed type that cannot anticipate an opponent's move. There's a 50/50 chance that no one will win.

Here's my summary, (according to me) :
Power - 87%
Speed - 45%
Defense - 100%
Agility - 49%
Technique - 90%
Dexterity - 65%
Experience - 94%
Concentration - 100%

You can clearly see that I'm a power type but I rely on anticipating my enemy's move rather than attacking first. And I have a high tolerance to pain due to some skin problem I have (I can't feel physically-induced pains).

Signature

proj

proj

piracy~Digita

both have advantage & disadvantage.. ^^.
it depends on one's timing..

pure strength is useful only when perfectly matched with timing, otherwise strength alone holds the critical weakness of slow recovery...but agility is flawed too ~ agility tends to lack stamina unless perfectly matched with timing.. OX in the case of fighting vg's, i like both, but if i had to choose one for competitions then it would be characters with agility over strength.. ^^.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

I'd say agility because having a slow character gets on my nerves. I'd rather be fast! whoosh!

Signature

Jackyl

Jackyl

Lord of Destruction

Both are important. I have strenght myself, but I could use some more agility (the last time I've tried to capture Drak, he was able to escape me, so I need training).

No idea yet :D

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

My vote is for agility. If you played most of those King of Fighter games, you'll notice that strength is a very cheap tool to win, especially in Marvel Vs. Capcom.

However, I find characters with higher agility much more impressive because they can attack faster, and deal a lot more successful combo chains than a character who is entirely slow and is known to be a complete powerhouse. I don't mind characters with a lot of tolerance for taking in damage and dishing back a big beating, but I also wouldn't mind a character who can jump and dodge easily from screen to screen, chipping in minor blows and racking up a lot more damage that way. I prefer agility to strength a bit better here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Manako

~enjoy the silence~

i suppose u haven't seen angelic layer.XD
i would also chose agility. way better i think. depends on the fighting style if it would be handy or not...

agility theres no point in having a jackload of power if u cant hit the opponent

Signature
"Im not afraid of death; but dying scares the hell out of me."

"When aliens, robots, mutants, super powered psychopaths attack earth we are gonna kick their asses thanks to video games and the important lessons they taught us. :D"

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I have to choose one of them? I prefer agility! strength means nothing if they can hit you! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

i would have to go with Strength because its better to fight than run around dodging attacks....

Signature
what can u save with feelings alone......

MPhnx

MPhnx

"Wynnter"

Vote for agility. all above comments will do. XD

Probably agility for me too I think that if you are fast you can wear down a strong apponent. Mainly cos if you have agility you are prob of smaller build too so therfore you should have longer stamina because you don't have so much body to fuel with energy. well that is my 2 cents worth

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Maybe I'm just off-my-rocker here, but truth be told all of you are pertaining to physical combat in comparing the two.

Take into account that agility in weapons technology refers to actual firing rate and power is muzzle velocity X distance.

If you look at it, weapons manufacturer sacrifices firing rate for power (shotgun, greneade launcher, magnum) but rapid-fire weapons (gatling gun, machine gun, m16 rifle) lacks punching power but can pulverize a target.

Imagine this: a target hit by an M203 grenade will be completely decimated. High-power weapons have a high accuracy but a low reload rate. A target hit with a Steyr Aug, will have a greater chance of living when hit with just one shot but sum up all 30 rounds and you'll get zero chances. An automatic weapon has high low accuracy but his reload rate.

Each relies on its own method of superiority thus, proving nothing is better.

Signature

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Celessa has spoken, and she's right

Quote by CelessaMy vote is for agility. If you played most of those King of Fighter games, you'll notice that strength is a very cheap tool to win, especially in Marvel Vs. Capcom.
However, I find characters with higher agility much more impressive because they can attack faster, and deal a lot more successful combo chains than a character who is entirely slow and is known to be a complete powerhouse. I don't mind characters with a lot of tolerance for taking in damage and dishing back a big beating, but I also wouldn't mind a character who can jump and dodge easily from screen to screen, chipping in minor blows and racking up a lot more damage that way. I prefer agility to strength a bit better here.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

Speed is nice, but up against someone alot stronger than you, you probably would get in alot of hits, but not hurt them. Then if your a powerhouse, one hit would finish it. Plus speedy characters useully have weapons, thats why their so effective.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.