Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how much do the consequences of your statements/actions matter? - Minitokyo

how much do the consequences of your statements/actions matter?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

well, Im the kind of person who speaks their mind, always, whether Im expressing my opinion physically or verbaly I let the listener know what I truly think. But this is a quality Im truly not very proud of, I've found myself hurting many around me because of this, and even getting in trouble at school and home, the worst part, though, is that I trully don't care about the feelings or hopes I've just crushed...I really don't, I live in such a state of apathy that I really don't think before I speak or act. So I was wondering how often do you stop to think about how much of an impact what you've just said or done had on the next person...or do you posses the same quality as me??

Signature Image

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Well, I guess I'm the kind of person who thinks what impression others might have of me, so I don't always speak my mind. Though, with my friends, I find it important.

Sometimes I would say something that might hurt the person, and I feel bad afterwards. But if the other deserved it, I wouldn't have a second thought...

--Scarlet

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

Quote by SharinganKnightBut this is a quality Im truly not very proud of .... I've found myself hurting many around me because of this, and even
getting in trouble at school and home, the worst part, though, is that
I trully don't care about the feelings or hopes I've just crushed...

its ur own unique quality and what you say may be cruel, but remeber, this is a cruel world and they'll have to face reality sooner or later. also i see that if ur the one hurting the ones you care for will toughen them up to be able to take critisms from others/strangers, as they will not know them as they did u ... and in a way this goes back to the quote of "the greatest cruelty from the greates caring"

personally i'd love to meet you in real life, as i see people who let others know what their thinking and not staying silent, rare.
at my school, "u act with society or u shall be shunned" ... actually this fits in anywhere in the world .... i am a slave to this so called society but i welcome others who think like me ... speaking your mind and not caring if you hurt those you care with your words, acting with indifference, shrouded by a cloak of apathy, and a radiating coldness that makes me hard to get to know ... so yes i am like u knight ... for that is how i am and i cannot change ...

well sometimes i dont think before i say something and i have ended up hurting a few people but once i learned to controll it i normally think before i talk now. unless you realy make me mad.

wise words dreamer, never seen your intellectual side before ;) bravo!

well, like I said before I live in a total state of apathy, so I really don't care what any of you say in this thread about me or the way I think, I simply would like to compare and contrast different qualities and opinions on this matter.

Signature Image

I'm not as bad at this then you are SharinganKnight but I know what your saying. I do things like that around my friends and sometimes around my parents. I don't really think about it until after the conversation but that only happends when I'm mad. Other then that I'm pertty much am in control of my actions.

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

Quote by SharinganKnightwise words dreamer, never seen your intellectual side before ;) bravo!

lol thanks knight ... thats why i joined the order of reason i guess XD cuz i have an intellectual side ... u should join too :D

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It's true. My words do influence the way other people react towards me, and it seems that I'm disliked because people don't want me to do things their way. This happened when I was at Lincoln University in Pennsylvania. Note to all people: sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will kill you. XD It's already happening to me with my parents.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Quote by VagrantDreamer

Quote by SharinganKnightwise words dreamer, never seen your intellectual side before ;) bravo!

lol thanks knight ... thats why i joined the order of reason i guess XD cuz i have an intellectual side ... u should join too :D

huh? what? is that a group here at MT? if so...well Im not really a "group type of person" although I've joined a few..I like to work solo :nerd:

Quote by melmachine18It's true. My words do influence the way other people react towards me,
and it seems that I'm disliked because people don't want me to do
things their way. This happened when I was at Lincoln University in
Pennsylvania. Note to all people: sticks and stones may break your
bones, but words will kill you. XD It's already happening to me with my
parents.

yes!! parents are my worst enemies because only I know how much I love them, but somethings truly get between us, like the other day my little brother made a comment on how the catholic church does not allow a female to become a pope, my father replied that it was because, of course, the bible said so...and my little brother with great ingenuity asked him to simply remove that page from the book and the problem would be solved. I truly was surprised that the mind of a 6 year old could compile such an idea..of course my father was left speechless, heh and so I appluaded my brother's actions and for this I was scolded me...heh

Signature Image

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by VagrantDreamer

Quote by SharinganKnightwise words dreamer, never
seen your intellectual side before ;) bravo!

lol thanks knight ... thats why i joined the order of reason i guess XD
cuz i have an intellectual side ... u should join too :D

huh?
what? is that a group here at MT? if so...well Im not really a "group
type of person" although I've joined a few..I like to work solo :nerd:

lol ya theres a grouped named order of reason ... its in my sig ... wait ... solo?? wtf ... *looks at knights' sig* "MT couples" O_o ... wats up with that ?!?! pssh solo my ass XD

lol j/k knigh :P

Quote by VagrantDreamer
lol ya theres a grouped named order of reason ... its in my sig ...
wait ... solo?? wtf ... *looks at knights' sig* "MT couples" O_o ...
wats up with that ?!?! pssh solo my ass XD lol j/k knigh :P

haha I've never mentioned anything about this at box...hehe, no one ever asked ;)

where's firedemon? <.< >.>

ok..back on topic damn it!

Signature Image

OceanAngel01

OceanAngel01

umi no tsubasa

With pain comes discovery and growth, but maybe you should tone it down a little. Many people are bogged down with responsibilities and duties and feel pressured to always do better. Sometimes harsh words can really shred a person's spirit, because they are trying so hard for what might seem to them like nothing. Sometimes a kind word and a smile from someone can truly lift a person's spirt and it doesn't cost you anything. In addition, speaking your mind in frivilous matters might hurt more than invoke a change in people. However, I do think it is good to speak your mind, but be careful how you phrase it. While, it is true that it is a rough world, people don't need to be constantly reminded. What does holding your tongue cost you on small things? Be sure to show "tough love" when it comes to important matters, but to show in everything can overwhelm.

i like people who can speak their minds at the proper times, they show good judgment, wisdom, and good character. :D Often, misunderstood souls.

Quote by OceanAngel01With pain comes discovery and growth, but maybe you should tone it down
a little. Many people are bogged down with responsibilities and duties
and feel pressured to always do better. Sometimes harsh words can
really shred a person's spirit, because they are trying so hard for
what might seem to them like nothing. Sometimes a kind word and a smile
from someone can truly lift a person's spirt and it doesn't cost you
anything. In addition, speaking your mind in frivilous matters might
hurt more than invoke a change in people. However, I do think it is
good to speak your mind, but be careful how you phrase it. While, it is
true that it is a rough world, people don't need to be constantly
reminded. What does holding your tongue cost you on small things? Be
sure to show "tough love" when it comes to important matters, but to
show in everything can overwhelm. i like people who can speak their
minds at the proper times, they show good judgment, wisdom, and good
character. :D Often, misunderstood souls.

hehe don't get me wrong, Im not an asshole, I don't look around and as soon as I spot an over weight girl walking down the hall I run up to her and tell her how fat she is. ;) what Im trying to say is thet if that girl were to approach me and ask me if I thought she was fat I'd instantly respond that she should visit the gym, and really be totally careless about her feelings from then on...

Signature Image

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

Quote by SharinganKnighthehe don't get me wrong, Im not an asshole, I don't look around and as
soon as I spot an over weight girl walking down the hall I run up to
her and tell her how fat she is. ;) what Im trying to say is thet if
that girl were to approach me and ask me if I thought she was fat I'd
instantly respond that she should visit the gym, and really be totally
careless about her feelings from then on...

exactly as i would have done, when someone wants my honest opinion, i'll give it to them, no sarcasm, no "white lie", and etc ... i personally hate conversations when it involves downplaying ... its just pretentious .... if u want the truth, go look for it, and if u don't like the truth, do something to make it to ur liking, thats how i usually see things ...

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Boy, do I empathize. How I speak is, well, tempered to a degree. I will at least make the effort to choose my words dependent on who it is. usually, I just ask 'Permission to be blunt?' and if they say yes, I am blunt, no cushioning. Alot of my friends take time to prepare themselves. I dont hold back.

Its not so much a state of apathy with me, more a case of 'These are the facts. Listen.' Hopes, dreams, etc...dont really enter into it. Ask me a question, I give the answer, if you`re truly looking for honesty. Otherwise I just pull something outta my ass to tell you.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

I do... for I... consider it a gift, for I have nothing to hide, something I'm very proud of.
I to, have the gift of the word, jas jas jas jas. and I usualy seek for a way to say things, wothout huting anyone, or seeking for its pain, if he or she deserves it...
I preety much enjoy it, for people can know me for my real self, nowere to be mistaken ^_^

cerebusincarnate

original deadman

i posess the same quality as you do knight, though mine was just recently birthed with my ex-fiance leaving me. Since then I have been a little TOO quick to speak my thoughts and opinions and do not care in any way what other people think of me.....There is a saying, "the truth will set you free" which basically means that regardless of whether or not people like what you say, it is your opinion and that is the way you feel, and you are going to speak both fact and opinion at your own will regardless of their thoughts and feelings because its something they need to hear, to better yourself and to better the relationships around you.In the end, only your true friends will understand and except the fact you do speak your mind. I know because I, like you, am in that same boat.....and thats how i look at everything.

well, it really matters. i was once irresponsible n did something that almost hurt alot of ppl. after that incident, i learnt to be more responsible for my action. sounds untrue, but its true.

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.