is it worth chatting...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

bayumi

bayumi

Cancel

hi... i just wanna ask you that is it right to talk to stranger..
like we do in chatting .. i know that most of the word writen by chatter was a lie...and now i feel bad knowing that..
can someone tell me the ggod thing about chatting....?? please ....

• Apr 30, 2005

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

Cancel

What exactly do you mean? Like chatting on the net?

I change for no one. I live to go on being uncompromised.
I am not a dreamer for I live my dreams.

• Apr 30, 2005

bayumi

bayumi

Cancel

Quote by Arc213What exactly do you mean? Like chatting on the net?

yape... you got it right...

• Apr 30, 2005

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

Cancel

Well, if it makes you feel better, I am always...errr...well am truthful as much as I can be.
I think gives a better perspective of the mind of different people around the world.
It gets rid of the "space".
Yeah, you have to be careful about people, but that is no matter were you go, not just cyberspace.

I change for no one. I live to go on being uncompromised.
I am not a dreamer for I live my dreams.

• Apr 30, 2005

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Cancel

chatting to strangers can be ok but i prefer them to be strangers my friends know in person... y'know? chatting is a very good way to meet people and to like get informatio to ppl u know across the net fast... but chatrooms are bad... don't go there. once you do, you come back out like all @.@ and it's awful. trust me.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Cancel

Chatting to strangers is okay, as long as you know the boundaries and are sensible about it.
It's really fun, you get to talk to people all around the world.

Brownie the Cat

• Apr 30, 2005

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Cancel

like what we're doing right now? well, it's ok. as long as you don't go overboard, and do strange things. it's nice to know people from all over the world

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Cancel

i think internet chatting is just fine, as long as you use common sense.

Quote by bayumi can someone tell me the ggod thing about chatting....?? please ....

it's a great way to meet people whom you would normally not come into contact with.
you can learn so much from them and it's always nice to build new friendships that are not limited by geography or culture.
just remember to be careful and exercise common sense. :)

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

• Apr 30, 2005

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

Cancel

its worth chatting cuz....you get to meet many different individuals and it can be much more fun then real people at times....+ u dont need to worry bout them acting weird because they cant get in physical contact ......i really enjoy making friends here and i dont see whats wrong with chatting :)

acether

acether

Cool Style, Hot Look

Cancel

Quote by bblsi think internet chatting is just fine, as long as you use common sense.

Quote by bayumi can someone tell me the ggod thing about chatting....?? please ....

it's a great way to meet people whom you would normally not come into contact with.
you can learn so much from them and it's always nice to build new friendships that are not limited by geography or culture.
just remember to be careful and exercise common sense. :)

Agree! I always check the words I've typed everytime. I'm afraid of saying wrong things. Even now. But knowing more people like this isn't so bad.

Morning sunlight in your eyes brings life to everything
Waking the earth with love and tenderness within
Feel the blooming of the trees vivid in the clear blue sky
So blue that it will take your heart and breath away

Signature

• Apr 30, 2005

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Cancel

Most of the time i chat on msn
And Yeah... The Good Thing Is.... U Can Talk 2 Ppl Without going on te telephone or going 2 their place also u can talk 2 multiple ppls

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

Cancel

i walked up to someone yesterday and talked to them. i asked the person if i could as them a question and just went from there. it is always alright if you are honest and respect the other person. whether or not you are bothering them or not. that sort of thing. oh well.

Signature

bayumi

bayumi

Cancel

Quote by royaldarknesslike what we're doing right now? well, it's ok. as long as you don't go
overboard, and do strange things. it's nice to know people from all
over the world

strange thing ?????

• May 01, 2005

amtcubus

amtcubus

Information is the key!

Cancel

well, it is always good to know a bit of the ppl you chat with. For me, i normaly dont chat with ppl i dont know a bit about them. I talk with ppl on IRC in the main chat more then in private chats. But i know most of the ppl i chat with on IRC. When i start to know a bunch of things about ppl i'm fine with a private chat.

It is not that good to start chatting with someone you realy dont know about your life or so ... it can get wors ....

Fly to anywhere, my COSMO!!!

Signature

• May 01, 2005

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

Cancel

chatting is a good way to make frenz from all over the world. also, not everyone are liers. there are always a few but i'd like to believe that everyone is honest so i always give the benefit of the doubt. =D but as long as u know the limits as to wat to chat about, its fun and safe

• May 01, 2005

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Cancel

Internet chatting is a great way to express yourself with no limit.
However, we need to be self-conscience that there are creeps out there. Don't believe everything you see on the net, and just use common sense.

Signature

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Cancel

Quote by bayumi hi... i just wanna ask you that is it right to talk to stranger..
like we do in chatting .. i know that most of the word writen by chatter was a lie...and now i feel bad knowing that..
can someone tell me the ggod thing about chatting....?? please ....

Chatting through the net is very interesting and not interesting, everything has two opposite sides. The positive side is that you have chance to know many new people, to get information that you don't know from other friends on net and it's true that there may be lies when chatting on the net, not all of people out there be such liars you know. I saw for myself I realized that when things come to anything related to personal stuff, people tend to lie a little bit, just some of them, not all as I said. It's really not that bad, take it easy. If chatting through net is the bad thing, why people can be friends, you know many people chatting through the net and then meet in real life and become good friends or great couple. Just relax and enjoy yourself a little bit. Life is not like a dream, it's reality and it's cruel sometimes but don't be sad about it, life goes on.....^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Cancel

Friendly chats with strangers in the public are always fine with me. Just have to make sure the conversation does not get too private.

• May 01, 2005

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Cancel

If you think chatting is bad I invite you at Minitokyo's IRC channel so you can see how anti-social, bad, evil and mean we are, bahaha.

(it was sarcastic eh... or maybe.... not. lol)

#minitokyo @ Rizon on IRC

Cancel

If no one did any "chatting" then no one will meet anyone new.
That is a major problem with North American society, all so focused on their closed group of friends that they develop through high school and work that they aren't interested to talk to anyone new.
It is not all lies either, but you do have to be careful and consider the possibility.

• May 01, 2005
Cancel

You meet many different people around the world. When you chat online, no one can judge you by your appearence (unless youshow them your pic) but by how you express yourself.

• May 01, 2005

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Cancel

Quote by FizzyboyIf no one did any "chatting" then no one will meet anyone new.
That is a major problem with North American society, all so focused on their closed group of friends that they develop through high school and work that they aren't interested to talk to anyone new.
It is not all lies either, but you do have to be careful and consider the possibility.

that's an interesting point of view, but i've also heard the opposite argument that because people spend so much time on their computers and communicating electronically, that people are less social with others and aren't really interacting with "real" people as much.
i guess there's always 2 sides to consider.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

• May 01, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

Quote by bayumihi... i just wanna ask you that is it right to talk to stranger..

In my opinion, I feel it isn't right to be chatting in public unless you are in the right kind of atmosphere. You see, if I was walking along the mall and chatting with some complete stranger I've never known about, they would clearly think I'd be insane to openly talk to them just like that, over here.

That's why I never introduce myself and pretty much blend well within the public - I can see that by introducing yourself to people who you don't even know about, you build a lot of tension and anxiety in your mind, and sometimes you wish that you wouldn't be doing that in front of the other people here and now, knowing you could possibly a complete fool of yourself. lol

Why worry when you can just put it away, shrug it off, and move on, right? That's why I admire courageous people - at least they don't act embarrassed if they start becoming clumsy and greeting a few strangers then and there. They sure have a lot of guts indeed, and I don't know how they could pass that off without even a flinch at all.

If it was some other closed atmosphere such as the campus in university where the population is limited, then I would be a little more open-minded indeed because somehow the students we interact with are people we can relate to - discussing the possibilities of school life and the works. **Nods**

Quote by bayumilike we do in chatting ..

That's why I like the Internet. You can express yourself more and be more open to others that way. People feel more secure, so they are bound to act free and to be themselves for once. That's what I really like about chatting - the openness of contacting individuals, as well as complete strangers, though there are some negative aspects to be considered here as well.

Quote by bayumii know that most of the word writen by chatter was a lie...and now i feel bad knowing that..

lol - Don't always believe everything a single person can say. I know how you feel. That's why I settle on trust, and over time, with patience - you will find some wonderful people to chat to, I guarantee it. How you will find these wonderful people are up to you, though. Yes, good friends are hard to find.

Quote by bayumican someone tell me the ggod thing about chatting....?? please ....

You become more open about yourself and you can clearly speak out your mind that you would have never done in public, of course, and discuss certain issues / topics from a long distance without having the hassle to meet up close in person, which could be a dangerous thing to be considering about, mind you. Sort of like - chatting on the telephone, but without knowing the number. I like the safety of remaining anonymous as well over here. **Snickers**

Also, you will find people you would have never met in real life too. That's the good thing about chatting. The possibilities of meeting someone who can be fun to talk to and friendly is endless. Many years ago, people had to communicate by other means - and the good thing about the Internet nowadays is that you don't have to worry about meeting the person face-to-face any longer, so to those who normally hate chatting to people in public, this approach could be your key advantage nonetheless. To me - I like writing my thoughts out by pen or typing them out like I am over here right now. That's just my preferable style of opening up and a proper way of communicating to other strangers and close friends of mine, really.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

Cancel

it's not bad to online chat, but it depends on what you're chatting about. it's easier and a lot more entertaining and truthful if you both or your group talks about something thats not personal about each other. because most of the time, it's impossible to tell if that person is being truthful. for example, life, age, etc. or whatever, sorry if that's not helpful but i don't really involve myself in chatrooms much anymore, it was kind of stressing since people kept asking why i didn't log in as often as they did. i guess they must of assumed that i didn't have other things to take care of rather than be in a chatroom. ^^;

Signature

• May 01, 2005

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.