Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan or bg first ? - Minitokyo

Scan or bg first ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Samanosuke89

Samanosuke89

Shinigami no Kiss

when u make a wallie. what do u think its better ? make a bg first and then choose a scan.. or choose a scan first and then make a bg ?.. ^^

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

first the scan because it is hard to find a scan that you wan't to have on the background.
it's like this when you look for it you'll never find i t-.-

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

You choose the scan first and then do the bg.
You can't plant a character into a background... it's better to pick a character and plant them into a suitable environment ^_^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

I think choose the scan first... when you already decided on the bg, it's kinda hard to look for a scan that will suit it

Signature

faiz138

faiz138

Live Free

of course scan ... then the bg, i don't know but i think that is the way to make a wallie.
maybe there are ppl choosen bg first and then the scan.

Samanosuke89

Samanosuke89

Shinigami no Kiss

yep ^^ me choose scan first too..

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

in my case, i first find a scan that is good. and only good.

but i do my bg first. why? because it is the one that has less editing to do when the scan ish up.

then, i retouch and paste the scan. Do necessary stuff in it.
Normally, the scan shall have occupied a large amount of the bg. So i retouch the bg again. ^^

this way, i'm sure that the bg is quality and that the scan is rendered and extracted well.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Well, I don't really wall, but when I have done, I find the scans first and then try and get a background that works with it.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

definitely scan first.

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

in my case, i'll find a scan and thinking the what the background is fit with the scan!

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Well, usually I make a plan of the wallpaper, then I go and search for a nice scan, and make a matching bg to it :) I always get a scan first and then the bg.

Like everybody has said , Finding and cropping the scan or concept art first and then move for the BG (I always my BG's myself, they're simple and not much of big thing).

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

scan so u can design the bg around it to frame it/accompany it better :)

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

First scan then bg.

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

ocelotisun

ocelotisun

SpiritedAway

Choose the scan first... XD ... Mainly because I like to do something that has some relation with what I think of the image... XD

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

Of course I choose the scan before the BG ^^
It's hard to actually MAKE the bg and then find the perfect scan for it *-*
And yes I even extract before making the bg o____o! a lot easier ^^

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

cygnus

cygnus

Retired Dragon...eh?!

For me it's always the scan first, then making the bg for it. But at a time I've made the bg first, and after a long time I found a nice scan for it, it's my tactics wall.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

the scan if u want to coorporate the scan and the bg so that it'll mix nicely together.
bg first is just too hard>.> sometimes u're ending up not finishing the wall >.<
well that's for me >.>

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

scan before BG no doubt bout it

wildvanilla

wild vanilla

Yupps. Scan bef0re bg^^ :)

[full.moon.wo.sagashite.]

Signature

kk-chan

kk-chan

kk-chan ^-^

I think choose the scan first makes it easier for designing the bg coz you can then decide where to put what in the background that fit with the scan. ^^

Signature
~Friendship is a priceless gift that can't be bought or sold~

I think it really goes both ways right, you need to have a good combination of the cut/scan/whatever and the background. I usually go by theme so I need both to complement each other ~nods~ with that said....Happy wallpaper making!

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

guess its unanimous the scan comes first and then tailor youyr bg to it. Seems obvious enough XP

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

i guess the scan first, then, the background, because it depends of the image... :) :) :) :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.