Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Child Labour Laws in 3rd World Countries - Minitokyo

Child Labour Laws in 3rd World Countries

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

What does everyone think about child labor laws in 3rd world countries? I know that where I am from, the children work to make money for their family...by fixing shoes or other small things. I also know that if they didnt work, they would starve. Where do you think child labour should be allowed(if anywhere at all..) and where it should be prohibited?

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

In rich countries like America child labour is not needed and considered abusive therefore is banned, but in the poorer third world countries every member of the family has to get a job to keep them from starving so it basicly is a neccesity.

Signature

Quote by BerzerkerOrIn rich countries like America child labour is not needed and considered abusive therefore is banned, but in the poorer third world countries every member of the family has to get a job to keep them from starving so it basicly is a neccesity.

...because every American family is rich, righto?
This is why there are 14 year olds out working jobs, and even younger. We are certainly not as bad as third world countries, but there are many youngsters in America who are currently working odd jobs or would be working odd jobs to help support their family if not for strict child labor laws or for the legality of school.

Suni, I think it's horrible how much those children work. They should be going to school and getting an education, not working in shops. It's the only chance for them. However, with families to feed, they're forced to work... and it's so sad. Labor laws will probably be nonexistent over there or ignored.

Child labour is bad, I think everybody agrees with that. The sad thing is that those children need to work in order to chip in for their family. Even if education was free for them, it doesn't put food on the table for them in the short run. Unfortunately, they need to survive the short run to even have a chance at the long run.

Foreign companies build factories in 3rd world countries because of the cheap labour, partly provided by children. Though it may sound cruel, it actually does help the country out in a couple of ways. It stimulates their economy and even though those kids are way underpaid, they're still getting paid much more than they would by collecting cans, prostitution, etc. I'm not trying to justify or defend child labour by any means, but those countries have progressed a lot due to those foreign companies. If they completely prohibited child labour in 3rd world countries, I think we'd see all those people being worse off. Just my $.02...

Be Free and Masturbate

This reminds me of the time when I wore a pair of nike shoes to Pys. ed.
My friend was strangely disapproving of them, which I thought was strange as usually she agrees with what I buy.
Turns out her mum used to work in one of those slave labour factories for Nike when she was young. Very sad... I really didn't know what to say.

- This Free Life Crisis -

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

well, this kinda things should make people that are more fortunate to appreciate more of what they already got.
Feel sorry for those kids -_-

yea. i live in Singapore, i dnt see any children make to beg for money or stuff like that. ill pray in behalf for them, hoping that they will get out of their situation.
i feel sorry for them too.

http://img60.echo.cx/img60/494/signature3nb.jpg

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

Quote by dutchforce Though it may sound cruel, it actually
does help the country out in a couple of ways. It stimulates their
economy

No it doesnt help any country , those kids aren't reconized by the state , so (at least in Brazil) they doesn't have their working ID(and aren't allowed to, only 18+ years old can have it to be reconized by the country as a worker).So basically to the country they aren't working.What stimulate the economy is when people with workingID are working .

Now I see things a little different , child labour should be repress in any way possible , to just police warnings to the parentes to even arrest the parents and putting the child in orphange(I don't remember the english word for it srry >_<).

Now u say some times the only way to the kid survive is to work , now thats all the parents fault ,its not the kids fault that he was born. If a couple doesn't have money to even sustain thenselfs , why they had the kid?!?!?!? The state give free condon here in Brazil !!

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

I think child labour is v.bad simply because children should not have to work at all, but in some countries it is a necessity otherwise the family would starve..
Generally I would say that governments should develop a way that if children needed to work then it could at least be watched upon, so that the children do not get abused..although that system cud abused as well..

Mixed feelings in this one..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by BadAss

Quote by dutchforce Though it may sound cruel, it actually
does help the country out in a couple of ways. It stimulates their
economy

No it doesnt help any country , those kids aren't reconized by the state , so (at least in Brazil) they doesn't have their working ID(and aren't allowed to, only 18+ years old can have it to be reconized by the country as a worker).So basically to the country they aren't working.What stimulate the economy is when people with workingID are working .
Now I see things a little different , child labour should be repress in any way possible , to just police warnings to the parentes to even arrest the parents and putting the child in orphange(I don't remember the english word for it srry >_<).
Now u say some times the only way to the kid survive is to work , now thats all the parents fault ,its not the kids fault that he was born. If a couple doesn't have money to even sustain thenselfs , why they had the kid?!?!?!? The state give free condon here in Brazil !!

So basically a kid should just starve and watch his/her family starve, because it's their parents' fault for being poor and having them?

By stimulating the economy I didn't mean it in terms of recognized wages. I know that black labor doesn't get recognized by the national government. What I meant is that foreign companies settle in those countries and that there is more investment and consumption thanks to the wages that those companies pay. And that does help a country out as a whole. Again, I disapprove of child labour and don't think it should be practiced but it does help out a country in some ways.

Be Free and Masturbate

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Well, a lot of parents get pregnant by mistake. Or they're uneducated about birth control and get pregnant when they're young. Plus, Brazil has a small population and a good economy which can support a decent middle class. Places where child labour is predominant do not have those two things. Usually, the place is overpopulated and the economy cannot support itself so much. ;-/

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

I don't think child labor law shouldn't exist at all. The little kids can decide what they want to do. It is they right to work and earn money for their family. They can decide the condition they want to work in, not the government. If they die or get hurt in the process, it is their own fault.

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by RainOfStarsI don't think child labor law shouldn't exist at all. The little kids can decide what they want to do. It is they right to work and earn money for their family. They can decide the condition they want to work in, not the government. If they die or get hurt in the process, it is their own fault.

Kids don't think like adults.
They often get intimidated by adults and end up doing what they've been told.
They don't have that indenpendency we grown ups have.
So it's really up to the adults to take care the younger members of the society

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.