Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American "anime" - Minitokyo

American "anime"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Maybe its just me but our "anime" SUCKS. Its all just a bunch of stupid cartoons running around hitting each other with bowling balls. Its only comedy, there aren't really any other genres of "american anime" then that

Name A cartoon we have that can be considered Anime or a potenial anime. What does it need?

Spawn Is American anime

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Garfield and spiderman are the only better ones.......

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Alienated-NZ

Alienated-NZ

\ Sasuke \

thier anime?

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

well....american cartoons seem to focus their attetion to younger viewers....while the "real" anime covers all ages....(adult).

but there are still some good american ones....Looney Tunes....and err...I think that's it.

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I think that Futurama and Family Guy in Adult Swim is american anime.

Signature Image

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

me too

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by miraku-spikeI think that Futurama and Family Guy in Adult Swim is american anime.

those were classics...not to forget the simpsons...^_^

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Animatrix is one too I think.

~Hellsing~

Claude

15th Division Taichou

totally spies is a total anime style copycat, i hate the show >.<

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

OceanAngel01

OceanAngel01

umi no tsubasa

The only ones I can think of are ones already said. Futurama, Family Guy, Simpsons, Garfield, and *yuk* Totally Spies. However I did hear that Tokyopop or Viz, or some publishing company was supposed to come out with "American Manga" so maybe we will have some good "American Anime" in a few years.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by Claudetotally spies is a total anime style copycat, i hate the show &gt;.&lt;

Yeah huh!! That show is just an anime of Charlies Angles!!!

Signature Image

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by miraku-spike

Quote by Claudetotally spies is a total anime style copycat, i hate the show &gt;.&lt;

Yeah huh!! That show is just an anime of Charlies Angles!!!

lack of originality...plus the villians are morons......

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

lol. low quality

lol, that is true.

Alienated-NZ

Alienated-NZ

\ Sasuke \

Wtf!?!? theres are anime!?!? >_>

Spiderman !!!

i think that there are a couple of animated movies who tried to copy anime characteristics like titan a.e. and treasure planet and personally, i liked the outcome especially in treasure planet.

Play if you dare. You have nothing to lose but your immortal soul.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by ArucardsMasterAnimatrix is one too I think.

the Animatrix was done by Japanese artists (and production studios afaik), except for the 3d computer generated part, but apart from that, all jap-animation.

i dont really consider Spiderman or Futurama or any other american cartoons as anime. it really depends of what you think of anime as. If I think "American Anime", i think american artists drawing in the japanse anime style (like www.megatokyo.com or www.sgvy.com ).

Quote by breadcrust

Quote by ArucardsMasterAnimatrix is one too I think.

the Animatrix was done by Japanese artists (and production studios afaik), except for the 3d computer generated part, but apart from that, all jap-animation.
i dont really consider Spiderman or Futurama or any other american cartoons as anime. it really depends of what you think of anime as. If I think "American Anime", i think american artists drawing in the japanse anime style (like www.megatokyo.com or www.sgvy.com ).

Yeah i agree. American anime are like Totaly Spies. And that show is for 3 year olds.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

alot of the new crap they show on Cartoon network is american attempts at anime. Very very poor attempts. Having said that there's loadsa great shows like dextor's lab

As mentioned before in this thread, western "anime" is usually aimed at kids and has to have some comedic value.

Western animated movies like Titan A.E. and Treasure Planet are usually quite well made and normally good fun to watch.

btw doesn't "anime" just mean cartoon in japanese?

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

The only good American anime that I like is Teen Titans.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Quote by Akemi-JamieThe only good American anime that I like is Teen Titans.

Even this is designed around children viewers.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

I wouldn't call those anime...not that i hate marvel comics, i do enjoy reading The Punisher.. but calling em "anime" jus doesn't sound right...after all, anime means Japanese Animation...I really HATE those copy-cat anime influenced shows like Totally Spies and Martin Mystery...also..recently, i found books titled " Learn How To Draw Anime & Manga " by Christopher Hart...I'm actually really disappointed in his books...its soo NOT anime yet he calls it so...Im no racist, but I AM against copy-cats... ~_~

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The technical definition of "anime" is the french term that means anything animated. But of course, the term has come to mean almost exclusively the specific artform from Japan.

I would not consider American cartoons as anime. Though recently there have been many shows that indicate a strong anime influence, like teen titans. but all of these shows are as have been said aimed at the 5-10 ish age group. An american cartoon often targets ONLY boys and ONLY girls. Anime on the other hand, attacts a much, much wider audience of both sex, despite the shounen/shoujo categorizations.

Not to say that American cartoonos are all bad, but they are a very different style of animation from the Japanese artwork that has come to be called "anime."

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by OceanAngel01The only ones I can think of are ones already said. Futurama, Family
Guy, Simpsons, Garfield, and *yuk* Totally Spies. However I did hear
that Tokyopop or Viz, or some publishing company was supposed to come
out with "American Manga" so maybe we will have some good "American
Anime" in a few years.

We already have those - they're called comic books.

Quote by Akemi-JamieThe only good American anime that I like is Teen Titans.

There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. American Anime. T_T
Anime is Japanese. End of story.
And yes, the imitations that American countries put out are sad and pathetic.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.