Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American "anime" - Minitokyo

American "anime"

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Quote by zephiris26
There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. American Anime. T_T
Anime is Japanese. End of story.
And yes, the imitations that American countries put out are sad and pathetic.

Agree totally except that not all imitations are bad, I mean i like Megatokyo ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I think both Simpsons and King of the Hill have been notably successful on FOX, and could probably compare their popularity to Sailor Moon, etc.

If you're referring to American cartoons that copy anime style, and not just cartoons in general, I think the best is Megas XLR, which nobody has seen fit to mention yet.

Diaphanus

Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote by EternalParadoxThe technical definition of "anime" is the french term that means anything animated.

Some people think that "anime," when it refers to Japanese anime, derives from the French word "anime'," but the French phrase that means "animated cartoon" or "animated program" is "dessin anime'," not just "anime'" (meaning "animated," "lively," et cetera). However, there seems to be some etymological confusion. All of the Japanese dictionaries (written in Japanese) that I've looked in indicated that "anime" derives from "anime~shon," the Japanese approximation of "animation" (when it refers to animation -- an animated cartoon). Furthermore, the Japanese don't often write an approximation of the French phrase "dessin anime'," but they do often write "anime" along with "anime~shon." (Sorry, I can't put in characters with the accents or the macrons.)

At any rate, as far as a Japanese person is concerned, any animated program is an "anime." A Disney movie would be called an "anime" in Japan. However, outside of Japan, "anime" is often used to refer to animated programs that were intended for the Japanese audience. Many of those programs exhibit the "big eyes, little mouth style" that we usually associate with anime.

Diaphanus sum. Usor Linguae Latinae (User of the Latin Language).
Signature

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

There is no good American cartoons. Maybe Looney Toons is the best...
The problem with those cartoon is the drawing. It's not good as the Jap. Anime.... :) :D :)

http://hrof.net/im/index.pl/2956232410511211-15638.jpg

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Quote by zephiris26
There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. American Anime. T_T
Anime is Japanese. End of story.
And yes, the imitations that American countries put out are sad and pathetic.

Totally agreed dude..They're TOTALLY pathetic..Even Marvel comics are better than anime-influenced cartoons..

the "american" anime sucks. =P big time. except family guy futurama simpsons and ren & stimpey

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Quote by shirozuthe "american" anime sucks. =P big time. except family guy futurama simpsons and ren & stimpey

Quote by Archer79I think both Simpsons and King of the Hill have been notably successful on FOX, and could probably compare their popularity to Sailor Moon, etc.

Those aren't american anime, I think its more like Teen Titans and maybe Megas XLR

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Well I figured since they were animated that they would count, but hey... ...Whatever works is fine. ;)

The newest X-Men cartoon, X-Men Evolution, is a fairly decent anime-influenced American cartoon. Waking Life is an animated movie that takes absolutely no influence from anime, but which rocks nonetheless.

Other than that, nearly all Wmerisan animation evolved from Disney or Warner Brothers, and they all focus on slapstick humor with static characters; none of it is aimed at an older audience, and most of it his highly repetitive.

shinobinokuro

shinobinokuro

Boku wa DDR GA SUKI desu

spiderman!!! xmen evolution asweel

left out....................alot heheh ^_^

Jackie Chan Adventures could pretty much classify as an anime for little kids, and the animation is better than some of the really bad stuff that comes out of Japan (like beyblade).

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.