Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Good Anime to Introduce People To - Minitokyo

Good Anime to Introduce People To

page 1 of 1 21 total items

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

Ok so I am looking for some good ideas for anime series to introduce some of my friends and family to so that they can see how good anime can be and how it is made for all ages in mind not just little kids, as most of them think. I thought that Last Exile would be a good place to start from since it has very nice animation, characters, story, music and the fact it can appeal to all age groups. Any other suggestions would be great.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

The first anime that I've seen is Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
I think it's a good serie to introduce someone.
Animation is gorgeous, characters are excellent, the story is really interessant, the music is simply beautiful ! :)

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I'd suggest Escaflowne, because it's got a lot of character development, plot development, and lovely music. There's action and fighting for the guys but numerous tales of romance for the gals, so it can appeal to a fairly wide audience. Also, there's not a lot of filler, so it doesn't get bogged down trying to find a plot like many other series do, and should keep your friends interested.

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Naruto, Bleach.... if it's an audience that can handle a really... crazy horrible scene, then Perfect Blue. THat movie will prove anime isn't for kids, but isn't a hentai type o.o

Rizov

Rizov

Just wasting time...

Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop would be perfect. They appeal to any audience no matter the age or gender. They are both masterpieces of Japanese animation. If you want to introduce anime to your friends but they don't have time to watch a whole series then go for any studio Chibli production - I am sure they will appreciate the art and the imagination of the people behind it.

Signature

vision of escaflowne, naruto, full metal alchemist, read or die n much more

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

Psychocouak

Enjoy!

To introduce someone to anime, it may be a short serie... something which is appropriate for its tastes. (Ikkitousen, Green Green, FLCL...)
If you don't have a short serie, maybe introduce him/her whith wolf's Rain, Read or Dream, Chrno Crusade...

Enjoy the life <======||======> http://a.daisuke.free.fr
Forgive my english ^^
Signature
[French-Tribu]

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

lol naruto of couse XD

Naruto, Chobits (it has a good story, but can't let kids watch it ^^), Full Metal Alchemist

Alcrin

Alcrin

The Ilusion

So(Then,Since) I they were to begin for some kind of senzillo, com Dragoon Ball

Intentar sacar la espada no hará que salga. Intentar ser más fuerte no te hará más fuerte

Now And Then, Here And There. Watched the whole thing with my "Anime? You mean those kids cartoons from Japan?" dad and he was utterly absorbed in it. ^^

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Zerotul

Zerotul

N3kO R3P1OID

I'd recommend Naruto :), maybe some gundam wing/seed here & there, and some CCS

Signature
"I'm back... and this time.... with a vengeance..... nobody shall get in my way... for i have the most powerful weapon of all... the VIBRATING SHEEP OF DEATH!"

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

I showed my mom the first 3 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist last night. And to my suprise she loved it.

I would introduce them to Fruits Basket because it is for all ages and its cool, nice art, story line, everything about it is cool....I would also introduce them to FullMetal Alchemist or Inuyasha...CCS would be another or Fushig Yuugi( well not really FY it kinda shows some sexual content not menat for all ages but hey thats me)

Well thats all I have

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist or Cowboy Bebop would be the ones I would recommend. Good stories, action, drama, stuff like that, kind of depends on what the person likes. My father for instance is all about high tech and near future so I went with Ghost in the Shell: SAC to show him.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Martian Sucessor Nadesico is the very best. My bestfriend and his wife are not into well light hearted stories, but even they liked it. It makes hardened fans out of everybody who sees it. IMO of course. ;)

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

Full Metal Alchemist !!!

Ryan19

Ryan19

Return of ME

Samurai 7, Chobits, Onegai Teacher, Clamp, Kiddy Grades and Basilisk. The reason is due to religion liking of Jesus, and some tradition of Japan....Future of Dependence and lecturer's daily life among students^^. Yep that's like a combo explaination of each and every anime i mentioned.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I would have to say Full Metal Panic and maybe some Ranma1/2 . My husband got his father into Ranma 1/2 and he liked it alot. My husband got me hooked on anime with the old stuff like Gunbuster and the original Dirty Pair. There are alot of diff kinds of anime and it could be hard to suggest a certian type of anime some one should watch. Some people may find certian animes harsh or brash or something else you never know.

Well that is what I think should be seen but then again you should just show them bits and pieces just incase they dont like it.

Signature

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

If its for all ages, then I would reccommend Card Captor Sakura, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist,
Inuyasha, Fruit Basket, and maybe Gundam Seed. I showed my mom and relatives some of the animes, :D now they're anime fans!

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.