Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fahrenheit 9/11 - Minitokyo

Fahrenheit 9/11

page 1 of 1 15 total items

hahaha.. XD .. for anyone who can actually watch R-rated movies.. does anyone plan on watching this documentary? Why or why not? It was the same director (Michael Moore) who made Bowling For Columbine .. correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he criticized Bush on national television once after winning an academy award for his documentary? .. Many people found it offensive ^^;; .. . I expect the movie will be probably really attacking the Bush administration .. [ More Info on Movie ]

I'm interested in seeing what he has to say. Of course, as seen with Bowling for Columbine, there were some incorrect facts, so we may see some in this coming movie as well.. ^^; .. so I'm done babbling.. anyone else watching? ^^; What are your thoughts about all of it?

I'll tell you one thing right now.. I love free speech ^^; .. Even tho the movie was R-rated.. ^^;

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

cant wait to see it.....seen bowling for columbine and currently reading stupid white men.......uber-good, i recommend it.

i can and will watch it
cause im canadian... enough said

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

i read Dude, Where's My Country? and also watched Bowling for Columbine, so yes, i will definitely be seeing this one

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

im no fan of michael moore but i will definitely watch it. bowling for colombine was quite nice but i just wanna see 9/11 since it won the Palm D'or (haah my pick would been Oldboy)

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote: i can and will watch it cause im canadian... enough said

w00t for us! yay

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

umm....this movie should prove to be interesting.....and controversial XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

Quote by b4byfac3i can and will watch it cause im canadian... enough said

ditto

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

saw it today, and i ave to say it was better then i expected. 1st thing i need to say is that the message is well delivered and damn strong, moore did an excellent job of delivering his argument and the facts. A downside to the movie was that there was none to very little footage that moore did himself, about 95% of the movie is stock footage. this isnt neccessarily a bad thing, just that id expect something that was a little more actually "made" then just put together for winning the palm d'or. well anyways, imo i thought it was a great film and was definitely an improvement over "roger and me" & "bowling for columbine". the last thing ill say that i really liked about it is that moore was not afraid of showing us anytihng, he showed it all and what the media/govt was afraid to show us.

I saw it yesterday .. agreed that it was amazing O__O .. It really does show things that the media didn't want to show us.. It was really funny at some scenes, but very sad in others, so bring tissues!! .. He did an amazing job overall of putting it all together~ Go see it! ^-^

I don't plan on seeing it. As Glenn Beck would say: What can be said about Michael Moore? His communist views and anti-Bush rhetoric are so laughable, it isn't even worth debating him. So why not boil it down to what's really important: Michael Moore is Fat.

you frogotten the rest of the text you cpoied

---> That's why you need this "Michael Moore is Fat" T-Shirt! This heavyweight white T-Shirt was produced in a third-world sweatshop and then imprinted with a precise artistic drawing of Michael Moore on the front and the Glenn Beck Program logo on the left sleeve. Get it today!

well well

i see even in the USA teher are a few peple that understand the matter to protest ( whatever theire way to protest is )

l337 5o w|-|47 ?

Excellent film with some frightening points(especially the Afghanistan/Unocal connection).Overall,Moore mixed in amazing "case in point" footage with some of his trademark biased humor to cool things down. In many ways I still feel that he held back in some areas, but that was just an afterthought. It's also nice to see him not quite so present on camera this time. The subject matter has little room for showboating especially when this is a portrait of a world situation as opposed to just America.

I live in the "resort capital of the world".A place clearly divided by the lower class and ruled by the Uber rich and staunch conservatives and the grand irony of it all is that the theater I saw it in was wall to wall eldelry Republican types who actually were agreeing with Moore.His message is beyong black and white here. You know there's a problem when your own supporters have turned against you.This administration plays as dirty as anyone,but they do it so blatantly like they believe they are truly better than the people they claim to represent.

disgusting.

And the film raises enough questions that go beyond knocking said administration.It asks serious questions of all of us and what we truly want from our country.If we had a time machine and looked back at the footage in this film,..it would be pretty safe to say that we live in one of the saddest,most intensely dark periods of our nation's history.Moore wants change,..As do I.

And we can't lay back and wait for our leaders to do it either.

A true leader has followers...the Bush puppet has little to none anymore.

*That Unocal story still has me spooked...

"The world is a very small place,but for those who know it, it is very large. And the world...when it is viewed by those who know is far larger than just one world can hold!"

Yuko - xxxHOLIC

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I felt relieved to see a mainstream film confirm so many of my objections to Bush's policies. I remember the hostility to dissenters here during the development of the war in Iraq. You can't always be on the popular side of a debate, but it felt maddening to hear people say they were the ones in favor of democracy while you were some kind of monstrous traitor for not "supporting the President". WTF happened to us?

The problem I have with the movie is that it focuses so much on persuading us to unelect Bush. This could have been a political decision by Michael Moore. A movie that more thoroughly exposed the conditions that led us to 9/11 and the invasions of Afghanistan & Iraq would have muddied the point of removing Bush from power. So what happens after we get rid of Bush? The viewer persuaded by F911 may assume we've killed the disease and neglect to follow-up.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I don't like Bush and Kerry is not great either. So WTF! I saw the movie and thought they did a great job on it. I think people should watch the movie before judging it too. It's interesting in my point of view.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.