Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you still care about old animes? - Minitokyo

Do you still care about old animes?

page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next » 370 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Like it says, do you still care about the animes of yesterday?

Do you still love Sailormoon, Escaflowne, and those animes that you loved as a kid.

Personally, I love retro animes. I just love reminiscing the past and cherishing good times... *I'm going emotional...*

How about you, do you like and still like the animes of the early years...
What do the oldies have that new ones don't? Tell me...

NOTE: I did a search before posting, and zero results. If this IS a duplicate, kindly close or delete it.

Signature

K3ntaro

K3ntaro

.:Fighting Dreamer:.

Ya of cuz....I still like RK and sailormoon lol

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

I wish I could dl some old 1's or get a job to buy some..

I believe its always a good thing to see a "good/exciting" thing from the past and to see how it has developed from the past...

*wants to see Grave of the Fireflies..*

nospheratu

Alucard_NoSpHeRaTu

Voltus V rocks!!! and it always will rocks! and all other old mangas are tp cool too.... just cool!!!! :) :D :) :D

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

anime is still anime the olds ones actually have lots of substance in them and i luv it. esp series like RK , evangelion etc and some even older back like astroboy. i luv all anime!!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by nospheratuVoltus V rocks!!! and it always will rocks! and all other old mangas are tp cool too.... just cool!!!! :) :D :) :D

Yes Voltes V!!!!

http://www.internationalcartoonclub.com/voltes%20v%20perfect%2011111122222222.JPG

Signature

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

lmao! Thats look really retro KOOL!

Oh I liked Astroboy as well, I luv that type of animation !

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

I still love old anime. Especially Voltron, Robotech, and Urusei Yatsura.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

yes i do, especially ghibi series

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

oh yes i would also like to mention since we are onto old anime i luv the older voice actor/actress or seiyuus alot as well. one very big one i can tink off right now is megumi hayashibara. she is my godess for anime voicing lolz!

ranma and slayers also give me lots of nostalgia

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Ghaioh yes i would also like to mention since we are onto old anime i luv the older voice actor/actress or seiyuus alot as well. one very big one i can tink off right now is megumi hayashibara. she is my godess for anime voicing lolz!
ranma and slayers also give me lots of nostalgia

Megumi Hayashibara has a very good voice. And her songs are really good, too (Saber Marionette J, Love Hina, etc.).

Signature

Dragon Ball, Saint Seyar and Escaflowne : 3 old animes kult for me :) They are still current, the only thing which changed between old and recent anime is the drawing.

Signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ F r e n c h - T r i b u --- F i n a l F a n t a s y F a n s --- F i n a l - F a n t a s y --- F i n a l F a n t a s y]
[ J a p a n e s e --- M y W e b s i t e ]

Retro animes (Saint Seya, Sailor Moon, Akira, Dragon Ball, YuYu Hakusho, Magic Knight Rayearth, Astroboy, Shurato, Ranma 1/2, Super Dolls Lica-chan...) are more famous in Brazil than new ones!! My favorites are Rurouni Kenshin (not so old, but defenelly my number one), Escaflowne and YuYu. They really worth to be watched over and over again.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Urusei Yatsura and Mobile Suit Gundam forever!

Love the old school series, just can't get enough of them.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Anyone here know Thunder Jet or Bt'X?

Signature

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

Of course i still love old animes...they just have something that new animes don't have....while i was growing up i would always wait for toonami just to watch sailormoon and adultswim for yu yu hakashow and ruroni kenshin!!!!!I will always love the old animes because they were part of my life^^
Love always,
chichiri1907

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

yup, i still like yu yu hakuso, bt x, slam dunk, gunbuster,magic knight rayearth,gdm wing,evangelion n saint seiya

yeah, i like old animes too. some of them are really cool!!!! (see Gundam Wing)

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Quote by jakulitoAnyone here know Thunder Jet or Bt'X?

I don't actually called that to be retro anime, since they're stil not old enough imho :)
however, I do wonder about Thunder Jet since not many people knows it but I think it's quite a good anime (anyone has it's op mp3 song? I've been looking for it ^_^' ).

As for Voltus V, I've heard that it was once banned in the Phillipines during President Marcos era due to unique reason :

Quote by http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1272&page=22
Choudenji Machine Voltes V may not be as memorable as other Super Robot anime titles like Mazinger Z or Getter Robo, but it has an extremely strong fan following in the Philippines. As a matter of fact, the anime series has placed itself as part of Philippine history. During its initial run in the late 1970s, Voltes V - along with other Super Robot titles - was banned by then-president Ferdinand Marcos, supposedly because the show was deemed too violent for children. However, many Filipinos believe Marcos was afraid that Voltes V's storyline involving an aristocratic empire and its oppressed masses reflected his dictatorship in the country. Because of this, people in the Philippines look up to Voltes V as their inspiration for the 1986 revolution that ousted Marcos' tyrannical rule.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Yes I know about that...

Stupid dictator Marcos, it's a good thing he's dead!!! We Filipinos love Voltes v!!!

i think Thunder Jet and Bt' X were first relased in the mid-90s. But anyways they're great!!!

"Fire the Booming Thunder Gun!!!"
"Messiah Fist!!!"

Signature

Well, there was a reeeally really old anime called Samurai Pizza Cats... And I really miss that and want to watch it again ;-; As for things like sailormoon, they're still sorta around and I wouldn't mind watching it every now and then ^^;

Signature Image

No I don't care for "old" animes anymore. Like what you said in your poll "out with the old in with the new."

They just seem a little old and out dated to me so I don't care to wach anymore. That and there animation might be fussy or just plan out dated.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

So, do you like Spongebob? Hey, It's kinda new!!!

*just fooling around...

Signature

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Old animation contains more art scores than the new one, the stories are great, and still loved by many people.

But what makes them to choose the new series because the quality is better than oldies, so they just use the oldies as the references.

Pride comes before the fall

page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next » 370 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.