Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nausicaa Valley of the Wind - Minitokyo

Nausicaa Valley of the Wind

page 1 of 1 23 total items

This manga has been recommended by my friend. She said it was great but the Volume I was like blah. It wasn't that good (to me). Do you guys think it's good enough to spend money on?

I have heard of it and read alittle of it but it was alot of random stuff but it was cool but if i were you i would just borrow it if you want to read it instead of buying it but thats just my opinion.

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind was excellent! It has a great story and I really loved it.

Really? But the first volume was so...so random . :/

Mikellan

Mikellan

Fanboy Extraordinaire

I have the DVD that they released based on the manga (I think) and I really enjoyed it. It was an interesting one, but it wasn't what I expected. I find Nausicaa to be along the same lines of Metropolis, you either like it or you don't and there's no middle ground.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

I think Nausicaa the movie and Nausicaa in the manga are quite different, it's more like in alternate world, you can find more about the info in www.nausicaa.net (they explained in detail about the difference and storyline) :)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I felt it gave a real sense of scale when I read it and then watching the film was also good. I would recommend it.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

Yeah the manga and the film are different. However both are very enjoyable and if your lucky, you should watch and read both.

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

There's a Nausicaa manga??? Ooh, might wanna check it out.

Anyway, I don't think it's that good. It's pretty nice, but not extrodinary. :P

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Tank

Tank

Final Chapter

dude i thought u left for life
i left for like 5 months
been playing this pc game call ROSE
its alright
anyways im killing everyone in halo2
game is addicting
anyways i cant figure out how to change my icon now lol
help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
im bakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This user's signature violates the policy and thus has been removed by a moderator.

i hear its really good and that it explains some things better than in the movie i guess if youve seen the movie or want to see the movie maybe you should keep reading the books but if you dont and you havent seen the movie and you keep getting confuse than you shouldnt ive seen the movie its really good i recommend seeing it

naüsicaa is one of the greatest thing ever happened to manga !!! (and to me...)

I just love this manga, according to me it's the best manga/story ever with Akira 'n Angel Sanctuary :D But that's just my opinion ^_^

Cabarkapa

don't read this

nausicaa is the best anime movie i ever watched in my life, this movie moved me and no other movies did that for me, i never felt like how i did after i watched it. a feeling i cannot explain.

kimi wa ryuusei no you ni

Signature

you are like a shooting star

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i've only heard of it
i haven't read or seen the anime of it...

Nausicca the Wind Valley is Miyazaki's very first work for Ghibli Studio...I think...1984...I personally like the movie...so far all his works are just pure genius...I didn't know there is a manga for it...anyway...not sure...but the anime is really worth watching...about the manga...not much suggestion...but I will check it out...for me...I probably buy it because I am a big fan of Miyazaki when I was little...but stick with the movie is better...?!

*Welcome back....!!*

Signature Image

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

At last, after reading the whole manga I must say the first several books are still similar with the movie, but when the story in the manga progress more, there are many, many (and I mean a lot) difference with the movie, personallyI think the manga is better than the movie because the story became more deep and it reveals many thing that in the movie still unclear, it's more like a more mature version of the movie with more complex story and more unexpected plot.
One example of the difference is Kusnaha and Kurosawa characters, in the manga their character became more developed and can be catagorized more as "good guys", especially after we know their reason.

This manga is a must read esp for anyone who had watch the movie :)

Oh and one more thing, although the first volume seems a bit boring (just like afan said), it's because it's quite similar like in the movie and didn;t reveal much info, but as the story goes on, the real fun begins :)

nausicaa is awesome! an incredible story, lovable characters, gorgeous art. i have any read the manga vol 1- 5. it is really good. i recomend it to any who love epic stories.

THe movie was really great but I haven't read the manga for it yet.

Can't help you there, I've only seen the movie, but I did like it o__O

Whats the show is all about? I only know the history of Nausicaa, the girl that befriended Odysseus.

I watched the whole movie a few times but not the whole manga. is it radically diff't?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

I even watch it 5 times so far...so its definetly recommended!

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.