Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 getting started (i'm a newb!) - Minitokyo

getting started (i'm a newb!)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

can anyone give me some tips, etc. on getting starting with wallpaper making/imaging?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DaveTheInsane

DaveTheInsane

hou je bek

hi there welcome to the nut house........obey the rules and we won't have to hurt you.........MAY THE submittions begin......buahahahahahahahahahaha

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE. YOU LEFT A TRAIL OF HEAD JUICE
manhunt

People LISTEN TO ME I CAN'T DRAW ALLTHAT WELL, AND HAVEEN'T SUBMITTED MY OWN DRAWING YET.

Eternal_Lonliness

Haruka Himaru

duhhhhhhhh...well...i'm on vacation in china rite now and i havnt been on for like 2 weeks and every thing changed...
they deleted mai avvie!!!! uwaaaaaaaaaaaa....*sobs* so i noe nothing now...sry...
i guess just keep signing guestbooks and keep posting ish the easyiest way...

People were Born Alone
And they will Die Alone
That is Life and Reality
Don't try to escape..
Its the Truth

TheRedHairedMonkey

Justin Cunanan

We're in a nut house?! XD Welcome to MT Sephiroth180! To start making a wall, first you must... hey wait, what's that over there!! *points*

*steals your ramen and runs!* mwuhahaha

Give me your RAMEN!!

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Welcome to MT. Have a nice stay here.

Earn money reading e-mails here

raging_otter

Not In

good boy!
now start feeding me with good seafood and i shalt impart my great knowledge upon you
:nya: :nya: :nya:

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

i recommend you to start with a good image and extract it carefully.
after that you have to come up with an idea for a bg, if you're starting think of something easy. like bars or some photo, give it a nice finishing touch and add some blending effects and that's it.

oh and dont forget to sign it ;)

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

thank you! ^_^

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Before you go look for images, make sure you're using a good program first ^^~ I recommend Photoshop 7, easily downloadable online with p2p programs.

Review with tutorials on the web. Some neat tutorials can be found here http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/13/

Enhance your brush pallette by downloading premade brushes. Links for site are here http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/319/

Then practice, practice, practice ^^~

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

yup yup. like cloud said.
another tip.
prepare every part of your body if u wanna be a waller or anything that has to do with graphics.
because if you wanna make quality stuff, you should spend alotta time doing it.
if you wanna make a wall alwayz try it 1st on your desktop and see how it feels. That's what I alwayz do.
then search for some people to learn technics, tutorials, etc.

anyway I hope some very good work form you~! ^.^

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

thx ^_^

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

Oh and remember to save frequently! Frequent crashes and power outages are a real bitch to overcome when your in the midst of a bad ass wallpaper. *has had it happen WAY too many times*

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Use layers and layer sets like mad to keep your work organised! And use masks for things where possible - as a rule of thumb I always try to work non-destructively until I'm 100% done with a wall. It's easier to go back and undo stuff then.

Signature Image

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

A simple tip when you have submitted the wallpaper. Try to look for the helpful comments rather than the destructive ones. XD

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

KohakuXP

Neutral

Quote by Zuri-chanA simple tip when you have submitted the wallpaper. Try to look for the helpful comments rather than the destructive ones. XD

lol, though sometime the destruction ones are helpful too. XD

Ari-chan

Ari-chan

The Odd One

Hello and welcome to the site. I have no good tips for you unfortionatly, since everyone already gave you good tips. So just enjoy your stay, I look forward to seeing your work. ^_^

Signature

KenshinFFX

KenshinFFX

Jaded Hitokiri

Hey there Sephy!!!

I would have to repeat everything that these guys have said to do wallpapers...

But another thing you can do is talk to the walls that you admire or something and ask them what they do or even IM them and talk to them... Most like to talk to people who are creative...

otherwise jsut check the Tutorials and Wall wall wall

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

thank you :)

*just submitted his incredibly newb first wall*

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.