Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT's wallies being uploaded [ripped] to another site - Minitokyo

MT's wallies being uploaded [ripped] to another site

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 98 total items

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

hahah .. you guys have gone cawazie >.< umm .. though they uploaded our wallies to their site .. our names are still on the wallie .. just that lizzie ish unhappie that they uploaded without our consent. and it's those same people that's doing it. it made that whole gallery look like a clone of MT >.< especially the gundam ones.

lizzie thinks that nothing much can be done with the gallery there .. maybe those members who's been ripped can just ask to have their wallies off that web .. lizzie dunno. it's up to each of you actually. but lizzie just hope that these members on MT who ish doing this would be punished.

oo .. satan ... there's nothing much to rip them off .. cause majority of the wallies ish by us. so .. there's almost nothing to rip XD

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

All those members which were mentioned have been banned. The next step is to contact the admin of DownloadAnime, and ask them to remove the offending walls. However, I've dealt with the admin there before, and they didn't care about removing wallpapers because they believe that so long as the user isn't claiming the wall as theirs, it's fine. Good luck anyways; I'll send off an email now.

BTW: Their contact link seems to be broken (ha) so here's the email address of the admin, or at least they were the admin in September. dowxp@downloadanime.org

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Ironically enough, the one wall there that was mine was summarily removed once I posted claiming it was mine, along with demanding them remove it, and claiming I had the PSD file of the thing to prove it was mine. So I guess they will cave, if you push.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

itsDchlorine

itsDchlorine

The Yin & The Yang

this has been going on for sometime, and not just this site, its been alot of other sites, all we can do is try our best to stop them by putting signaures.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Quote by Minato

Quote by RivendaleDudei new taht.....no jk, kool kool ima check it out sumtime

I'm sorry, but...could you translate that into English?...

hmm... I think he/she said : I'm new taht(that?)...no jk(joking?), cool cool I'm going to check it out ^^'
maybe lizzie can translate it better :D (just kidding, sorry liz ^^').

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Quote by itsDchlorinethis has been going on for sometime, and not just this site, its been
alot of other sites, all we can do is try our best to stop them by
putting signaures.

often times they will remove the signatures. I am currently in the midst of an email conversation with someone that stole a bunch of wallpapers from the site I work with. All of the wallpapers had our signatures covered over (and very obviously, i might add).

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

That's so unacceptable! *shakes fists* The very, very least they can do is ask for permission or something! Hey, good you discovered this.....and I bet something's being done by the mods.

forget about it, theres no point in argueing with them. at least our names are still on them. X.X im just tired of them.

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

Liz

Liz

I'm as cold as it gets

Quote by melmachine18I agree with this, and I must say that this should also be against the
Minitokyo policy. Perhaps if members have a wallpaper ripped from here,
they can point it out to the site where it came from and hopefully,
those members who ripped from here would get banned. It's easy as that.
The mods should acknowledge this course of action.

i agree with malmachine18 on this it is a shame and its going to be hard to deal with but something should get done to at least try to reduce or stop this from happening

Signature Image

"He who smiles the most carries greater the silent rage within." - Unknown

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Quote by Holt

Quote by melmachine18Thus, other members who are struggling to reach level
10 can view the wallpapers from the other site, and frankly, that is
unfair to those who created those wallpapers and were ripped without
the consent of the maker. Perhaps the members who are still below level
10 need the restriction for not viewing full-size wallpapers until they
reach level 10.

That's a bit extreme. Most members here joined at first because of the good wallpapers. I know I did. If new members can't see any full size walls they'll be very discouraged and the popularity of MT will go down. We don't want to make this an elitist society.
Having said that, I of course agree that something needs to be done about these ********. Has anyone contacted the admins and mods of these other sites?
Edit: Oh great they even stole one of mine &gt;=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! They just upload absolutely everything don't they? This means war!

Actually I found that the restriction on viewing walls makes people put in some effort. This is what was done at Animeonline.net (I'm not sure about the policy now) and it weeded out the leechers/rippers pretty well. People that are serious about joining a site based on the site's reputation and what the site offers want to put in the effort to join the community. Actually, there were a lot of people that admitted originally joining to get wallpapers, but after having been forced to put in the effort to mingle with the community they found they liked it there and stayed long after they would have gotten their fill of walls and left.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Wat I think is this sorta of problem nvr ends as long as there r wallies for em to leech. They can be banned but......other ppl like em with eventually takes up their 'job' and start the nonsense again! >_>... Wat I think is to make em put in some effort to reach lv 10 like some of the ppl in MT reading this thread say and me in previous posting here, so that those leechers like these few ppl won't get to rip wallies and abuse it so easliy. By doing so......u can stop most of these leechers in MT not say completely but most of em. As for those who r really eager to hv those wallies ( not rippers ) hv to really put in some effort to *buy it but it pays off. At least this shows that wallies in MT has some values in it! :)

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Quote by oni1983why not ban the members who rip the walls?

Hear, hear! Ripping walls and reposting them on another site is just... *shudder* tacky.

Signature

Quote by sylvacoer

Quote by oni1983why not ban the members who rip the walls?

Hear, hear! Ripping walls and reposting them on another site is just... *shudder* tacky.

if we talk to the person who made the website, u know they wont take it down because from wat i saw, they had a good portion of our wallpapers. in other words, their website is MADE out of our wallpapers. if they take all the MT wallpapers out, then that website will be looking pretty bare. and u know they wont be happy. ~stellar

Signature
oh yah?

Criox

Criox

Quote by stellar

Quote by sylvacoer

Quote by oni1983why not ban the members who rip the
walls?

Hear, hear! Ripping walls and reposting them on another site is just...
*shudder* tacky.

if we talk to the person who made the website, u know they wont take it
down because from wat i saw, they had a good portion of our wallpapers.
in other words, their website is MADE out of our wallpapers. if they
take all the MT wallpapers out, then that website will be looking
pretty bare. and u know they wont be happy. ~stellar

Ok......hm.......if thats the situation.....then tis means they support ripping from wat u mentioned above, they should try to respect other webbies cuz its rude to juz take away others properties without a proper consent, they should at least contact the admin of the webbie where wallies r taken. :sweat: Btw Stellar, I am not trying to debate here as u c ^_^, I am trying to give a reason and solution in any way that fits the situation, hope u can understand! Gomen! ^__^

Best regard,
Criox

Signature

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

what? i saw athruns wallie on there! o no they cant do that ! we should inform nuriko! but i think shes busy!

Quote by vietgurl5593what? i saw athruns wallie on there! o no they cant do that ! we should inform nuriko! but i think shes busy!

the last time i heard is that biri was on the case. but if i were u i wouldnt care for those people. liek i said before, at least our names are still on there. see? *points at her spirited wallpaper and athruns wallpapers* c?

Signature
oh yah?

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

I'm currently waiting for a response from the admin of the site; however, don't get your hopes up, as their general image policy is to allow wallpapers that weren't made by their members. They may not be very receptive to our requests to remove them.

On a side note: There's no need to ask for the members responsible to be banned here; it's already been done. ^^ Whether or not the wallpapers are removed at Downloadanime's end, the rippers aren't welcome here.

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

ahhh man...i saw my Tsubasa wall up there @_@ nooooo
this is mean..... :(
stealing is bad~~!

boo

Criox

Criox

Quote by biriwilgI'm currently waiting for a response from the admin of the site;
however, don't get your hopes up, as their general image policy is to
allow wallpapers that weren't made by their members. They may not be
very receptive to our requests to remove them.
On a side note: There's no need to ask for the members responsible to
be banned here; it's already been done. ^^ Whether or not the
wallpapers are removed at Downloadanime's end, the rippers aren't
welcome here.

Yea I agree biriwilg! Since its their site so we can't interfere with their doings but we can stop rippers here.

Signature

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

yay!! biriwilg you are great!!

kyubinaruto

kyubinaruto

The tabibi gang member

IF the want to rip wallpapers, they could at least credit us or something...

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

well... none of my stuff is up there... but that's incredibly slack... you can't just steal people's efforts *huffs* they'd better come up with a good explanation... no... I mean... they better not be able to explain... that doesn't sound right either :/

Let's get em !!! *loads the time bomb into the cart*

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Criox

Criox

Quote by kyubinarutoIF the want to rip wallpapers, they could at least credit us or something...

Wrong kyubinaruto. No matter wat, ripping is wrong. Its juz a disguise word for stealing. We must not allow these ppl to steal works from others or even enter MT.

Signature

Quote by Criox

Quote by kyubinarutoIF the want to rip wallpapers, they could at least credit us or something...

Wrong kyubinaruto. No matter wat, ripping is wrong. Its juz a disguise word for stealing. We must not allow these ppl to steal works from others or even enter MT.

i second that. those people took wallpapers that wasnt theirs.

Signature
oh yah?

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 98 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.