Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga vs. Anime - Minitokyo

Manga vs. Anime

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Claude

15th Division Taichou

Many ppl say readin the original manga is the best and it usually has superior artwork compared to anime. but other say anime is better since it has color and the action scenes r moving wit music to enhance the atmosphere...but wat do u guys think?

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

terraxdarkangel

terraxdarkangel

Heart-breaking </3

I like both! How could ya choose? There both really good^^

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

I normally prefer anime, but I like manga too if the art isnt too complex and is done well.

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

manga~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Signature

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by terraxdarkangelI like both! How could ya choose? There both really good^^

I definitly agree with terraxdarkangel. I love both of them and I don't choose is the best. They both show true art in anime.

Signature Image

I usually perfer the manga, some examples of that are Love Hina, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Sorcerer Hunters. But the CardCaptor Sakura anime has so much more happening in it that the manga (more as in it was longer).

I like manga & anime! :D

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I think it depends.
For example, to me 'Naruto' manga is the best title ever, but the anime pretty much suck in my eyes.
Then again, I just loved 'One Piece' anime, where as the manga (the original) was quite crappy. Well, I liked it, but somehow I prefer anime (though I'm still reading OP).
And in the case of 'Hellsing', anime and manga have totally diffrent climate: manga is somewhat a comedy, when anime is a dark... horror? (I have doubts about that, but...).
But over all, I usually prefer manga, especially because in most cases it's the original and anime just puts it into motion.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I usual would rather just do anime, unless the manga is badass(bleach) in which case i do both, or if the anime follows the manga closely then i use the manga to get ahead.
But i do prefer anime, it has more action, emotion, and sond fx:)
(i mean how many people have cried for a manga?)

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

Lets see I prefer manga over anime because they show many things in the manga that they don't show in the anime but if im too lazy to read a manga that doesn't look interesting I go with the anime which in this case I believe Im not getting anywhere with ^_^'

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Yay, another manga vs anime thread. time to pull out my shpeal.

I like both, because each brings something the other doesn't. There are things that manga can do that anime cannot, and anime can do things that manga cannot. For example, manga may leave more things to imagination, which may appeal to some. Good anime excel at getting emotion across through an effective VA. So there are strong points and weaknesses to both.

And I don't agree with those who say that anime adaptations always "butcher" the manga because simply put, there are things that a time restricted anime episode/series simply cannot put. Even Naruto or Inuyasha or One piece length anime cannot possibly fit everything in from theh manga. Unless the manga was extremely short. There are conversions that went horribly and produced crappy anime, but to say that as a general rule of thumb would be grossly incorrect.

Which is why it's always called an anime "adaptation". ^_^

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

anime!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Whichever does it better. However anime tends to pale in comparison to the manga originals. Plus I can bring and read my manga anywhere, and my mind fills in the fight scenes better than those anime adaptation can ever do.

Definetely manga. It has a lot more time and work into and ets you see the story from the author's point of view, not that of the animators'.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

See http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/17927/ . . . even comes with a spiffy poll!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.