Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your solution to world hunger? - Minitokyo

What is your solution to world hunger?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

umm i have this crazy idea that maybe, just maybe the people want to be hungry in todays world. everything is just crazy in this times. even if we tried to give food to the people sometimes they dont accept it. it has happened to me.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

hm there really is no 'good' solution to world hunger in my opinion. not to be such a pessimist or anything, but its not possible to simply change the way food is distributed to effectively deal with this problem. The recent pope did have a point.. but the fact of the matter is that this world is always going to be composed of haves and havenots. There might be ways to alleviate the problem to a certain extent, but you cant 'solve' it..

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by breadcrust

Quote by RainOfStarsI only came up with one solution. "Kill"

you clearly dont understand what the problem with world hunger exactly is.

Quote by Arc213As Pope John Paul II said "The problem of world hunger is not that
there is not enough food but the way the food gets distributed".
I couldn' t agree more with him. There is more than enough food in this
world but it needs to be distributed equally.

I couldnt agree more either.
The UN should also force countries not to give away GM food to 3rd world countrys. Some of the governments of these countries are refusing to give the food to their people because its GM and they dont know what the long term effect from eating it would be, nor does anyone else.
Genetically Modified foods are not the solution!, nor is killing people!

Do you think the governments will just hand over food to them. The UN has no power over anyone nowaday. It is only for show and international politics. If any country actually want to or don't want to do something UN can't force them. For example, US invasion of Iraq. Foods just won't be handed to the third world countries without a price.

Signature

In the short term, being able to distribute food effectively between first world and Third World nations is crucial. It doesn't matter how how much a first world country donates to a Third World nation. If all the donations sent are just going to pile up, instead of getting to the people who need it... That's just a crying shame.

In the long term, I would get rid of all Third World debt. If they didn't have to worry about Third World debt, instead of planting cash crops like coffee and tobacco (which they then export to first world countries like us so they can make money to pay off their debts), they could plant more useful crops that native people could actually eat.Wherever the poverty exists, there will always be hunger, to find solutions to hunger, you must tackle the issue of poverty first. Learning how to use the land more efficiently/productively would also give them a boost. If you're really interested in learning more about this issue, I'd suggest taking a look at this website: http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Poverty/Hunger/Causes.asp

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

Two child policy to control population growth..
Were over populated and we cannot expect for the rich to share their dumb money..

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

peyo

peyo

rolemaster

This is a very complicated problem. Everybody says that wars dont bring any good but i see something, its cruel but true... With war alot of people died and like all the diseases they killed alot of people and that stopped for a while the overpopulation. Personally thinking in another solution than killing people would be totally utopic, there are few people that would help other people without any benefit for themselves. It is very sad... but true..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kill. That is the most simple and easiest solution. Think about this:

If we feed, lets say, the starving people in Africa, then the people will breed more children, whom they can't feed so we will, and those children will grow up and breed, whom we will have to feed except it will be an exponential increase in the amount of mouths. It will become a vicious cycle. So, instead, let them starve.

Heartless? Yes. I don't care, though.

gothiclad

gothiclad

Hi HI^ ^

If science and human improve .

People (in the generally poor and hunger-ridden countries) give birth to 6-8 children per family, without much thoughts how they are going to be fed. Multiply that number by the number of families in the country (millions), by the number of children who are going to have children too (they start very young). It is easy to see that the number of hungry mouths will easily overwhelm food production in the world. If we could educate these people or pass certain laws that will suppress the birthrate in these countries, world hunger will be so much easier to handle.

World hunger won't go away, but there are ways to minimise it.

Regards.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

I say wait a while. They'll die eventually. Law of Natural Selection.

K-Jin

K-Jin

Cloud

Personally I would probably kill people to live, anyone would do it, survival of the fittest!

This is my story...I'll end it the way I want...or we'll all die here...

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.