Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your Anime Collection - Minitokyo

Your Anime Collection

page 1 of 1 24 total items

A few questions regarding your anime collection:

- Do you have a Top-5 in your collection (by series or single release)?

- What, if any, is the predominant type of anime in your library?

- Can you give 3 reccommendations for good animes that a relative general audience could enjoy? Always interesting to see what different people like.

Thanks!

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

I have a top 15 that you can see by viewing my page http://punker0017.minitokyo.net you can also see most everything I have in my library on my page. As for 3 recommendations, its very hard, as a "relative general audience" is subjective, but here goes. I would recommend: Kiddy Grade, Azumanga Daioh, and Love Hina.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

Well I don't town much, and I have a couple that will very soon be added to my collection of dvd's, so here is my top 5 (and the bottom one or two I can't really put into order).

1. xtv
2. Evangelion
3. Gravitation
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. toss-up between Orphen and Chrno Crusade

Looking at these, my pridominant type of anime would be Fantasy.

And, out of these, I would recommend Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop for any relative general audience, and possibly both Orphen and Chrno Crusade. Definitely not Gravitation - its a fav. for me, absolutely, but a lot of people would probably not agree with or find likable the shounen-ai theme. And, XTV is my top anime out of everything I've ever seen, but anyone who dislikes fantasy or darker themes would probably not find it the most enjoyable either.

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

I don't own much anime, as I'm more of a maga type person, myself.
However, I enjoyed Hellsing and Evangelion pretty thoroughly, as well as Soul Hunter.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

amtcubus

amtcubus

Information is the key!

Ok, here we go :D

For my Top 5 :

1. Bleach
2. Girls Bravo
3. Daphne - in the brillinat Blue
4. Onegai Teacher/Twins
5. Tenjou Tenge

The most anime in my collection is Action, Romance, Comedy.

For recommendations i would say : Cowboy Bebop, Sousei no Aquarion, Neo Ranga

For recommendations i recommend one show that is mostly known and ppl wo havent seen it yet will truly enjoy it. The 2 others are one new series where you can laught your ass off ( well at least i can :D ) and one old series who is/was not that popular.

Fly to anywhere, my COSMO!!!

Signature

Quote by punker0017I have a top 15 that you can see by viewing my page
http://punker0017.minitokyo.net

Ah, glad to see another 'Read Or Die' fan at the boards. Though I've got to admit that you easily one-up me here as I still haven't tracked down the TV series yet (which I've heard great things about) - though it's only a matter of time. Loved the original ROD movie, which will have to get my by until I get the rest.

Vandread's definitely on the "To Get" list, and I've also thought about trying 'Onegei Teacher' and 'Hellsing' one of these days.

There's a few on your list that I know very little about, so I'll have to check for more info.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

Well I don't have a very large collection concerning anime, my manga collection on the other hand...
Well here goes, for titles at least.

1. Descendants of Darkness
2. Fushigi Yuugi
3. Fruits Basket
4. Gravitation
5. Full Metal Alchemist

I tend to like action, comedy, some cutesy stuff, and some romance. :)

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

Quote by crsgtoss-up between Orphen and Chrno Crusade

Chrono Crusade catches my eye almost every time I see a cover, or what not -- gotsta try this one day.

Thanks!

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

okay, here it goes:
Top 5 Anime:
1 - Full Metal Alchemist
2 - Evangelion
3 - Trigun
4 - flcl
5 - Naruto

Mostly comedies or action genres in my collection.

Well I would definately recommend Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. I would however be hesitant about Eva though. Its screws with your mind too much for a "relative general audience", especially to newcomers.

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Quote by Texcap

Quote by punker0017I have a top 15 that you can see by viewing my page
http://punker0017.minitokyo.net

Ah, glad to see another 'Read Or Die' fan at the boards. Though I've
got to admit that you easily one-up me here as I still haven't tracked
down the TV series yet (which I've heard great things about) - though
it's only a matter of time. Loved the original ROD movie, which will
have to get my by until I get the rest.
Vandread's definitely on the "To Get" list, and I've also thought about
trying 'Onegei Teacher' and 'Hellsing' one of these days. There's a few
on your list that I know very little about, so I'll have to check for
more info.

Ah, yes the ROD TV series is very good. Vandread is also one that I strongly suggest (one of my top three favorites). Onegai Teacher and Hellsing also very good. There are so many that I would like to receommend and so little time...

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

Quote by d00d34okay, here it goes:Top 5 Anime:1 - Full Metal Alchemist2 - Evangelion3 - Trigun4 - flcl5 - NarutoMostly comedies or action genres in my collection.

Full Metal Alchemist looks like a promising series (I've caught a few episodes on CN).

Apparently "just a few" folks agree, to say the least!

My sister seemed to enjoy this one when she caught it (she thought the Mecha aspect was interesting).

Quote: I would however be hesitant about Eva though. Its screws with your mind too much for a "relative general audience", especially to newcomers.

I'd probably have to agree with you here.

And in addition to the rankings, thanks for the reccommendations folks -- keep them coming if you got 'em!

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

Remembrance of Things Past

I easily have a top 5.

1) Noir
2) Kiddy Grade
3) Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
4) Madlax
5) Azumanga Daioh

Noir started my whole Anime interest and is still one of the few series that will constantly keep me entertained if rewatched. (Azumanga has the same ability, but is designed more for that kind of viewing) I tend to base my viewing on the visual storytelling style of the series and I prefer to go for series that have an underlying tone about them :D

Signature

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

Out of the DVD collection I own I would say my top 5 are:

1. Initial d
2. Peacemaker Kurogane
3. Gundam series
4. Yami no Matsuei
5. Excel Saga/Puni Puni Poemi

The genre's vary alot I cant really say that there is a predominant one that stick out through the collection, maybe action/shounen style. I have bought many series without even watching them first and so far none have let me down with the exception of Wicked City *shakes fist* damn that "from the creator of Ninja Scroll" sticker. I definatley recommend Excel Saga for general audience, so much tacky humour that even if you don't get the anime references out of it you can still laugh at the general wtf!! factor. Or if you buy the DVDs it has the ADV notes that you can enable to give you the information and what they are taking the piss out of. Either way its a win/win situation

AngelicRhapsody

AngelicRhapsody

Mmm...Yaoi...

Well... my top 5 would be:

1) GetBackers
2) Fullmetal Alchemist
3) Sorcerer Hunters
4) Saiyuki
5) Kyo Kara Maou or Yami no Matsuei

I've got Action, Fantasy, Comedy, Shonen-ai, and Magical Girl (only one-Cardcaptor Sakura)

Recommendations: GetBackers, Cowboy Bebop, and Sorcerer Hunters

Also...if you don't mind downloading fansubs...The Prince of Tennis and Tsubasa Chronicles are good...and Loveless if you like Shonen-ai.

Apparently I had a momentary lapse of sanity which I have yet to recover from.

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

my top 5:

1. Robotech
2. Akira
3. Spriggan
4. Macross Plus
5. Urusei Yatsura

just plain action and a bit of comedy.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

Quote by EvoIIICE9AI definatleyrecommend Excel Saga for general audience, so much tacky humour thateven if you don't get the anime references out of it you can still
laugh at the general wtf!! factor.

Thanks for the reccommendation. I've heard several great things about 'Excel Saga' since I first came accross it, and it's already sitting (in print) on my ever-growing "To Get" list. I've got to let my wallet heal a little, but I definitely look forward to seeing this!

Likewise, appreciate all the other reccommendations, a few of which I had yet to hear of (which is one of the reasons I asked). Keep them coming if you got 'em!

Claude

15th Division Taichou

Top Five Animes:

1. My-HiME
2. Bleach
3. Naruto
4. Gundam Series
5. Azumanga Daioh

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

1.FMA
2.Chrno Crusade
3.Naruto

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

hmmmmm top 5 huh..... here's my favs in no particular order

Naruto
Bleach
FLCL
Gundam Seed
Berserk
Trigun
Love Hina

I know that's not 5 but I couldn't leave some of them out ^^

My tastes in anime range from ridiculously funny to dark actions. I avoid anime's that delve too deeply into human emotion etc.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

1. Bleach
2. Nurse Witch Komugi
3. Dragon Half
4. Slayers
5. Dragon Drive

Out of these I'd recomend all of them.
Bleach is kinda bloody at times but is still quite solid
Nurse Witch Komugi is Both odd and fun but not ment for younger peoples
Dragon Half is extreamly funny but has a short top less spot at the end of the second episode
Slayers is very solid and I would recomend it for all people persons
Dragon Drive is just cool, high energy and very fun to watch.
other anime I would recomend is Neon Genisis Evangeleon, and Cowboy Bebop.

Congratulations, you just helped destroy the world.

Quote by KidderNaruto

That's several mentions of 'Naruto' now (another series that I've not yet seen), anything in particular that sticks out in y'alls mind as to what it is that makes this one as good?

Deep storyline? Great characters? Excitement? All of the above?

Quote: I know that's not 5 but I couldn't leave some of them out ^^

I know the feeling.

Just tried to answer "My favorite anime girl" and couldn't get the thing limited to less than a Top-5.

1. gundam seed
2. Fruits Basket
3. Inuyasha the Movie Affections across Time
4. Wolfs Rain
5. FMA

^_^

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

:) hi!! I believe that rurouni kenshin is one of the best manga everyone sould read it. enjoy MT and enjoy the japonese things :nya:

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

1. Naruto
2.FMA
3.Fruits Basket
4.Chobits
5.CCS

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.