Do u guys prefer buying anime DVDs or dl-ing from fansubs?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Claude

15th Division Taichou

Cancel

the title is pretty much self explainatory..

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

• May 03, 2005
Cancel

I prefer buying DVDs because they have better picture quality and have more languages to watch in.

• May 06, 2005
Cancel

can get anime DVD only from one e-shop from Russia, so there are very small list - 20-30 titles, most of them are unpopular old anime, and it costs very expensive as well.
So even, if i'll forget my family needs (now i have to buy apartment to live with, and so on) - i can buy only those titles. And what i should do then?
From other e-shop, DVD and other items physically can not reach to my country for problem with customs and Delivery service problems.
I've not so much many, and friends, which travelling around the world -so fansub's anime, is the only way, i can watch anime.

I'm a lawyer, and i realize, that i must pay to owner, and i'll be feel much better, holding licensed DVD in Box, than anime episode with embedded subtitle, but i have no choice, so i apologize to owner's and at least i'm trying not to duplicated this anime, but what if other people, who haven't money even for good food - want to see that. Should i refuse to them?

It's a complex social problem, and if some corporation or e-shop opens department in my country, it will be particulary solved. As a lawyer, i'm interesting in copyright law, because i'm programmer too, and have developed my own programs, so i know , how it feels, when your work is illegal used by many people, who don't want to pay, even if they have a lot of money.

Only by increasing the level of citizen incomes - it is possible to change this situation, and also by developing effective delivery service system.

• May 06, 2005
Cancel

Personnaly, I prefer have anime with fansub than DVD.
Most of french editors take out DVD bungled. There are only 3 or 4 episode on a dvd, the dvd is too expensive, the translation is based mostly on US translation, so the result of a translation of another translation is not very good. And to finish the brads of respect (-san, -kun, -chan, -sama...) disappear.
It is sure is better to have beautiful dvd with a beautiful packaging arranged in the cupboard, but I believe that the contents is more significant than the exterior.
Now, If an editor laid off the anime i will not download it by respect for the author but i think distributed dvd bungled kill work.

• May 06, 2005
Cancel

Where I come from there are not too many anime shows to choose from (not to mention prohibitively expensive for me). Hence downloading is my main source of anime. Thankfully most fansubbers know how to produce decent quality fansubs, so quality is not something I would readily complain on.

Regards.

• May 06, 2005
Cancel

I'd rather buy my anime on DVD ^^ the quality is always better, even if it's just by a small amount.

• May 06, 2005

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Cancel

Well, I have almost no money, but I prefer the DVDs because of the nifty extras. But the DVDs better come with a subbed version, because if I need to watch it in vomit mode, I'll be a bit pissed. :)

Cancel

I perfer to get anime on DVD, but I will download anime or other live action japanese shows if it isn't avaible subtitled in english anywhere or will never be avaible subbed (like Transformers or Pocket Monsters or Tekkaman Blade or Super Sentai). But if they become avaible on a english and\or japanese DVD with English subs then I will buy it like UI did with Diverance EVE.

New here and I love all of the great art and people, also I am a Reallly big fan of Ranma 1/2.

• May 06, 2005

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Cancel

I prefer to get anime on dvd, There are plenty of places around here that i can find them so I have pretty easy access.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Cancel

I downloaded Appleseed 2004 before I paid for it, that way I got to see if I liked it.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

• May 06, 2005
Cancel

Personally i´ll like to get the original dvd, but in my contry it is extremly rare and hard to get and it become really expensive to buy by internet because of shipping, taxes and otrer stuf, and i dont have enougth money to pay 4 all that..... so i ended downloadin fansubed anime, I also agree with iria98 in the point of the brad of respect, they can, somtimes change completly the sense of a sentense or expresion.

El Reino del Caos ha llegado, y la oscuridad reina desde el Trono de Hielo.....

I m not a native english speeker so pl excuse any misspell .........

• Aug 11, 2005
Cancel

i prefer to buy the dvds. if i downloaded them, it would take to long, make my computer go crazy, or i might just accidently delete it >.< besides, buying the original one has extra features on the dvd that i like to watch ^_^ and it has a case and it has pretty pictures!! hehehe, yes, im a dork XP lol :D

"Bad habits are like comfortable beds-
easy to get into, but hard to get out of"

• Aug 11, 2005

dejitaru

dejitaru

d e j i

Cancel

Personally, I download. It saves me monies and I find it more efficient.

I'm going to blow your head off like [raspberry jam]

Cancel

I download mine on fansub as it is normally a long time before it hits american/english dvd sales. i find that fansubs help you to choose what to buy when they come out on dvd. Its a great way to watch multiple new jap animes sometimes years before they are released on dvd in the usa/uk. when they reach dvd i then buy them and get rid of any fansubs i have.

Signature Image

o-sama-laden-san

Special Jounin

Cancel

I much prefer the fansubs, mostly becuase I believe they have much more accurate translations. Also, the Dvd translations take out things the marketers beleive american audiences would'nt be happy happy with or might find offensive. Not only that but sometimes actual content is removed. For example Naruto is coming to cartoon network, but the blood is being removed and various other aspects are being censerod. I like fanssubs becuase they closer to what the creators intended it to be. thats my two cents.

The six sayings of Al-Yahm'Shar

1- When what you want doesn't happen, learn to want what does.
2- Do not buy either the moon or the news, for in the end they will both come out.
3- Call someone your lord and he'll sell you in the slave market.
4- A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
5- Meaningless laughter is a sign of ill-breeding.
6- Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black.

Cancel

i dl my anime even though i have bought 2 dvd boxes: fruits basket and wolfs rain because theyre my favourite series, anime dvd`s cost alot of money, so I`ve dled almost all of my anime... :Y

• Aug 11, 2005

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Cancel

I prefer to buy the DVDs because the quality is better and garenteed, the extras. And knowing that I paid for it so the money can go back to the animation studio to help them make more.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Cancel

i prefer dl from fansub coz it's free

• Aug 12, 2005
Cancel

fansub, cause it's free

• Aug 12, 2005
Cancel

for a starving student budget, downloads and burning is the way to go for me. I'd love to get more down the road, but the only comic shop (has a big archive of anime DVDs) is pretty expensive and if you got to future shop, there isn't that much variety.

• Aug 12, 2005
Cancel

depends if the anime is really good then i will buy the dvds to support the creator but if it sucks then its fansubs

• Aug 13, 2005

magiciangirl

magiciangirl

flowermiko a.k.a. MG-chan

Cancel

I like both. It really depends on the situation. The DVD of course gives you better quality but then not everything you might be watching is available on DVD. I do like that some fansubs leave small parts of japanese commercials because it feels like I was watching my favorite series 'live' as I would have if living in Japan.

More than anything, many fansubbers do wonderful work on their subs, sometimes much better than a professional could have done.

Cancel

I perfer to get anime on DVD

• Aug 13, 2005
Cancel

i would rather buy anime on dvd because the quality is better and they usually have extras in them and different languages. if i would download anime it would probably be an anime that either isnt out in the U.S. yet or i know will probably never come to the U.S.

• Aug 13, 2005

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.