Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 people are bad lie detectors.. what makes a good liar? - Minitokyo

people are bad lie detectors.. what makes a good liar?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

... did you know that professionals can't tell when someone is lying? ..including police, polygraph testers, FBI, etc. These people are accurate about 50% of the time. sometimes a LITTLE better, sometimes even worse.
And really the only people that are somewhat better than the average person are CIA agents.

okay so i hope this isn't a repeat thread.. i did search for lie, lies, deception, lying etc. if it is.. haha well i should just stay away from the forums or something ^^;

can ppl really tell if someone is lying ? what makes a good liar?

If you've seen convicted criminals, you'll see what SKILLED lying is...

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Lots of times its just the little things when they are talking. There voice or body can tend to give them away. Also look for the person whose eyes keep veering to the left as they talk. That is supposed to be a sign of lying. I have seen that actually before but I don't know how accurate it alway is.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Body language....facial reactions....eye movement....you know...stuff like that...just analyze the way a person is acting when asking them something/talking to them. It's relatively easy as one tends to act differently when lying then when they are telling the truth....
Look out for good lyers though....they're the hard ones to read. ;)

Signature

if theyre not looking me in the eye while talking, i know that theyre lieing to me. lol

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

When someone is lying, I can usually tell with an innocent-sounding follow-up question. Pick a detail that integrates with other surrounding facts you already know. They won't be able to spontaneously come up with a plausible-sounding circumstance that fits their story.

To answer the original question: Nothing makes a good liar.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.