Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Happy or sad ending? - Minitokyo

Happy or sad ending?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

Hello
Which of the two do you think is often better (for you only)
Sad ending (ie both good and bad sides die...)?
or Happy ending (ie end with a total victory...)?
or an Open ending (ie leave to you to decide who actually is the winner...)?

OH great! i messed up the poll! Never mind it then. Sorry! I must've mistake the "poll title" with the "option1". Oh just plain dumb.

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

i like happy endings.. OX

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

I would prefer an ending that the bad guy wins XD Hmmm but most of the time it's always that the good guys win -_- I hate sad endings and open endings. I hate the way everyone dies and that it leaves you to guess the ending.

Oh and by the way, in your poll, you left out sad ending. You only put happy and open.

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

I prefer an ending that has a mix of happiness and sadiness. It gives a story more depth and a victory more meaning.

TekkaZeroX (on AnimePaper.net)

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by WearyWandererI would prefer an ending that the bad guy wins XD Hmmm but most of the time it's always that the good guys win -_- I hate sad endings and open endings. I hate the way everyone dies and that it leaves you to guess the ending.
Oh and by the way, in your poll, you left out sad ending. You only put happy and open.

Good point, for once, I like to see the bad guys win. I think it is an universal rule that good guys always win.

Any way I like a happy ending.

Signature

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

i personally tends to prefer sad a bit more than happy. Because there's a lot of happy ending so it is quite cliche. With sad ending i think we have more variety.
Any way..........Who can tell me how to change this poll?

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

Open I guess. I like endings that are happy but also make you think or look back or feel something else, not just happiness. A bittersweet ending.

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Verrryyy sad until you get to the end and theres a twist...and then turns into a happy one..

Or one that churns your emotions =)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

Sad endings.

While happy endings are nice you must realize anime doesn't really like ending happily ever after. How many series have had characters die that you thought would make it through?

Cowboy Bebop, Chrono Crusade, Gundam Seed, Full Metal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion for example

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

zakaro

zakaro

I'm your princess

it depends to the style of the manga...
example: for angel sanctuary i really didn't like that ending... i wanted something sad, it suited more the atmosphere of the manga... -_-

@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*
This is my latest wall...
Signature

reesha

reesha

the dream catcher

anyway, i like happy ending most of the time...but it also depends on the type of manga / anime....sometimes,sad ending may suite certain story.can't think of an example now.

I think that I prefer a sad ending over a happy one. Why? Because sad endings leave a greater impression afterwards.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

well I prefer a happy ending but it depend what the series is................

but I don't quite like the idea of "total" victory though

akaichan

akaichan

Laughing maniac -___-

I would prefer a happy ending..but it seems like I'm attracted to those with sad endings...which I would watch, knowing that it would end up with a sad ending..and cry.
Most of the times it depends on the manga/anime..
It's not nice at all when all the protagonists are alive and jumping while the antagonists are dead or disappear..and are never seen again.. Just hate those.. -___-

It's kinda sad for me since my favourite characters die most of the time.. ;__;

No siggy..yet.. ;_____;

I kinda prefer happy, because that's it. You know what's happened, end of story. Open endings leave a lot of room for interpretation/further continuation with another series, and sad endings are pretty much depressing. Sad endings however, tend to have more of an impact in my opinion.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Hmm... I think happy endings are best, I hate it when they leave you all wistful and blah blah blah.

Brownie the Cat

i prefer happy ending if the show is in the last epd of the entire series

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

sasaki

sasaki

Sasaki

I like Happy Ending.

Signature
Never give up on something you really want.
However impossible things my seem,
There's always a way.

I don't mind if the story doesn't have a happy ending but at least give an ending witch we can understand and don't let the story hanging unless there would have a great sequel!!

Then again... A happy ending is a better choice....

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by WearyWandererI would prefer an ending that the bad guy wins XD Hmmm but most of the
time it's always that the good guys win -_- I hate sad endings and open
endings. I hate the way everyone dies and that it leaves you to guess
the ending. Oh and by the way, in your poll, you left out sad ending.
You only put happy and open.

hahaha...support 100%...it's time for baddies to rule... :D :D :D :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

a good ending's always nice. But a sad ending that caps a good series make it all the more emotionally powerful. If one must die so that others may live, then that death has so much more meaning.

A sad ending also makes the victory bitter sweet. If the bad guys die but only at the cost of the hero's life, then the triumph is so poignant and touching.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

i prefer and open ending, happy endings are just too predictable

GundamFans

GundamFans

** May My Wishes Come True **

I like happy ending
couple, happy, gathering, etc.

* Space & Life are so Mystery *
Signature
** May My Dreams Come True **
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

I can't stand sad endings, or open ones. I need a sure 'happily ever after', or I feel cheated. XO

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.