Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Computer cases going overboard these days? - Minitokyo

Computer cases going overboard these days?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

What do you guys think of todays computer cases? Just passing by a computer store and you can see mid atx cases with 6 fans, UV lighting, sound sensitive LEDS, thermal sensors, car painted finish...

Think it's going a bit overboard or is it just the beginning? What do you have on your setup?

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

6 fans..nothing wrong with that >__>

*hides his fans* XD

i think the cases that are comming out these days looks neat ^__^

except leds...theres no one to impress rofl

Signature

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

All I'm asking for is that it is BLACK.

I have a Performance II Series - SOHO File Server Case from Antec.
It's black, can be locked off, has a 400 W power supply and 2 case fans (can add 2 more).
I also can build in a total of 10 hard-drives (if I would remove my DVD-burner and DVD reader, at least).

PS: I think it's only the beginning. One of the more stupid side-effects of LAN-parties.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

it might be the beginning of The Matrix.....*laughs*
that would be expensive right?. Hmmm 6 fans, UV lighting!!!!, sound sensitive leds!!!!, thermal sensors!!!!, car painted!!!! and ohhh it can bake a cake? *joke*...

yeah dude, the high quality it is, the much money you'll spend.
but hey drawing anime doesn't need money only spending your time on it, right.

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

It's made having a case-mod nothing special. A couple of years ago having a case-mod was cool, now its too mainstream :P

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

My boyfriend built a case like that about 3 years ago. It is clear dark blue with a bunch of blacklight-type stuff in it, tons of fans ect (note: This thing is basically a server...), and I love it. XD If I get one I can just buy one now... they are everywhere. Shouldn't be too hard, but I want like a pure sleek black color. :) Seksy.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by RitalinI want like a pure sleek black color. :) Seksy.

:) Just what I'm talking about.
The only problem I have is that the fronts of my DVD-reader and DVD-burner are white and they totally ruin the design. XD

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by Cloudninemid atx cases with 6 fans, UV lighting, sound sensitive leds, thermal sensors, car painted finish...

LOL....that sounds awefully like the computer i have now....ROFL....except itz a server sized case with fan controllers too XD hahaha......

i think itz just a trend towards customization.....computers should not be limited to the ivory-creamed coloured box XD XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Timber

-Timber

glass guru

Actually I'd love a PC case that's like the cases on the Mac G5s we have here at work.

Signature

PkingSora

PkingSora

Mastah

9 . 9 meh brother gets comps like that..and they make no sound..non!

"Boring and smart or interesting and foolish... Which do you prefer?"-Sora

"Oh come on let's just be friends" -Sora

Shota

Shota

Forever Nameless

i knew one guy in my dorm that turned his case into his fish tank also.....i shit you not

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

black and one single blue led .. works for me ... but i hate the shit noise fans produce .. water all the way .. !!

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Hmm Well its just a case right? Its not like we are putting them on wheels and giving them motors and racing them around the street corner.... I got a nice looking case for my new comp, but then again who cares. No one ever sees my comp anyways. Its Hidden >=)

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

im gonna go buy those cool cases for my new comp soon ^^

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

My new computer will have six case fans and like four heatsinks. =P And also I'll have Cold Cathod LED lights streaming through the case-- but that also keeps it cool. Really a nice window is all I wanted, but they made me have the rest of it. xD

Also, the fan speed control and the thremal displays are for HEAVY overclockers.. so you really can't say anything against `em.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Quote by Shotai knew one guy in my dorm that turned his case into his fish tank also.....i shit you not

That's a pretty standard mod actually.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=53776

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Quote by Osirisexcept leds...theres no one to impress rofl

except for fellow geeks, geek.

The next case that I want is the new BTX format model from Cooler Master. It's got a real nice fan cooling system for the motherboard and doesn't look at all that spiffy, plus it has 11 drive bays, which is pretty damn sweet. However, the price is ugly $167. :nya:

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Quote by Saskie24and ohhh it
can bake a cake? *joke*

Actually I think I have seen someone make a casemod out of an easy bake oven XD.
But yeah case-mods have become wierd you can make a computer case out of anything now, and belive me people have. Though as for my case it is a full tower that I picked up for 6 bucks at a thrift store, though it is stripped of all the side panneling and stuff, lights would be cool but pointless plus I don't wnat to buy an extra powersupply for them and what not.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Melotonen

Plastic Tree Guru

I think a case is just another outlet for creativity. It's alot of fun to pick out or create a unique casing to house your computer. Nothing wrong with that in my mind. I'm sure as time passes they will become even more elaborate. I welcome the change from plain beige boxes.

If you ever find yourself in trouble, there's only one thing you need to remember. The dancing mango always watches the hidden pineapple.

I do hate the fact that it is mainsteam now, i've had many different custom cases with custom etching on the sides. Right now I have an acrylic with six 80mm dark blue LED fans and two UV cold cathode strips and dark blue wire managers.

in my opinion it's better than the old boxy looks.......there's my 2 cents

i don't really care how my pc looks and i dont need modding. it should just be fast and silent.

I just wish that you could by custom case for laptops. I could use some lights on my lid!

i got 5 fans in a white CPU case

2 fans have :leds

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.