Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How are your beliefs influenced? - Minitokyo

How are your beliefs influenced?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

My beliefs are usually influenced by learning from other sources and people, but I know that some beliefs may be wrong. However, I know what I aim to want, and there is no one who will stand in my way of my beliefs, not even my parents.

My parents have opinions about certain things or people based on observations, so they tell me that I should do this and/or I should do that. However, as long as I know what business I'm getting into, then I will be fine. I don't want to limit myself to just learning from my parents because that could block out my views about other things or people in the world, and I wouldn't want that at all.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

I have to say all of the above + my own personal experience and historic evidence.

I change for no one. I live to go on being uncompromised.
I am not a dreamer for I live my dreams.

i think learning from parents.

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

krnxaja

krnxaja

SogeSogeSogeKing

God is up there. He teaches us through use of parents and other physical and mental sources of education.

Anyways, that's my belief.

Teachers are wack though; I never learn anything in school except adding.

Signature
I am the Greatest and Most Honorable Man this world has ever known
I am the Leader of 8,000,000,000 Men
I am.....................CAPTAAAAAAIIIN USOOOOPPPPP!!!!!!!

Holt

Holt

pffft

I tend to believe things better if I see them for myself. Otherwise, just about anyone credible can influence me.

Signature Image

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Well I believe that the combination of the above. We are all functioning in ceratin communities, we have our families, our own religion and we are in a modern world rightly called "the global village". There is a constant intermingling and interaction of ideas, beliefs and so. We change and evaluate our own ideas almost every day by adding and memorising additional information. Hope you get what I am trying to say. I believe that there is no stable/pure belief. By being exposed to different beliefs,attitudes and ideas we are also altering our own. Altering or adapting depending on the circumstances.

But of course as some other people before said we want to believe that we cannot be that easily influenced :) well that might be due to the fact that probably all of us want to perceive reality as an organised whole. By allowing accepting the fact that we are constantly exposed to other/different beliefs then our own we loose control of it.

Ok I really hope you will get what I was trying to say. ^_- I think that I had to much literary theory & criticism recently :P so I myself am faulty of this influence XP

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

ded113

The Grunge Princess

I say from my parents because they're been through certain experences and they know what's best no matter how persuasive they could be at telling their beliefs.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

well, i guess i learn more thru religious tradition. I guess you could say my stand on certain issues is greatly affected by my religious beliefs. My parents, however, also affect me, since they raised me to see some things. But, that doesn't mean i agree with them in all areas. I also have to make my own desicions about where i stand, even if i differ from what they think.

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i guess the one that best fits is a combination of some of them
i learn using Observations, Sources and sometimes from radition
my parents don't really affect me in anyway
i may agree and disagree with them at times...but that's about it...

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Yeah same for me,

I like to hear both sides of a story before I make a judgement. I make observations and maybe take into account other ppl's opinions (like my parents or bro).

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

i tend to watch what people do, and thus learn a lot about how others think, act, etc. prety cool i think, lol

Signature

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

I do not believe there is a god but i believe in reincarnation etc..(i am buddhist)
I would choose all options on the poll if i cud but
I mainly learned from my mum, although she did not force me, she allows me to believe what i want when i want..
but what I believe it that beliefs cannot be forced upon onto anyone unless that person wants to believe.
I also believe to question everything.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

My beliefs have been influenced by my religion, my parents, my own observations and experiences that I've gained throughout my life so far...

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

i combine all the following because u can alot from many beliefs...if people believe in just one, they may not be able to learn many other things in life....

retire

i observe and mimic
i get used to the ways the others do stuff
but i tried not to take the bad stuff

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

All of those choices combined. Although some of my beliefs are just mine... :)

Why do you kill the joy of death?

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

I only believe what I see myself or hear from a creditable source.

Signature

I think that it's the environment that I live in that influences me, so I'd have to say that it's a combination of everything.

Signature Image

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

Observation. I have long sinse taken all of the beliefs that were imposed onto me from external sources and thrown them out the window. I forge my own beliefs and moral code, in every way.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Probably everything in the poll.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

my beliefs are influenced by people around me such as my parents, friends, relatives, classmates and even my neighbors. i have this kind of belief that may change if other people will present their thoughts to me. i don't know. but i do hae a mind on my own. in addition is also tradition, because we belong to a conservative country.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

FyeTsukishiro

FyeTsukishiro

Hikaru Hoshi Shooting Star

My beliefs are influenced by my parents and my religion (I'm Catholic).

well i belive what i think is right but i also listen to others on what they have to say

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I learn through observations.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.