Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should children be hit as a form of punishment? - Minitokyo

Should children be hit as a form of punishment?

page 4 of 16 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next » 371 total items

if they deserve to be smacked which many of them do then yea it ok. its not ok to punch them just spanking them or a slap on the wrist will work. I think more parents should disipline there children my mom runs a daycare and they all act like brats because there parents wont disclipline them at home so they think they can get away with whatever they want.

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

No, and i dont even like the idea. Ever wonder how pyschos and such were born? Abusive parental behaviour is most of the time the reason. Maybe im going a bit overboard, but has ne one watched the movie house of wax? Kind of the same situations.

Depends on the kid. Alot of kids, spanking works on them. Worked on my brothers and sisters. And me.(It only took twice on me .Never did anything to deserve it again.) Some kids it dose'nt work. I guess it is up to the parents to learn what kids need. That is some of what it means to be a parent.

shiarou

i am alive again!

I'm also getting hit when i was a kid, but i know why and i accept it. First, is, even thought im just a child, i know what is right and wrong (im already mature), and if ever a mistake is tolerable i must correct it. if my mistake is something that hurts others, so then they hit me. But i truth, most parents hit their children due to anger(humans instinct is violent when they are angry) and when i grow up, i think hitting a child won't solve anything at all but prevents errors from happening again. They will just remember the pain when they did that mistake, and avoid it at all cost.

what is loneliness anyway?

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I think alot of times kids should get their ass beaten for being bad or doing wrong. You have to have an understanding that you will be punish for the action when you do something wrong and not get away with it. I'm not saying all the time or any thing but out of respect for what ever case it is. The reasons why their so much crazy shit going on now is because the parents were not disciplining their kids in thr right direction. So now their think they can get away with alot of things out there.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

I think it's okay. I got hit, I hit my little brothers, hey, as long as it's not brutal beating, right?

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

it's funny because when my mother hits me with her fist and her ring against my fist, she is the one in pain^^
but i think a parent shouldn't hit a child as punishment

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Maybe I should clarify (again) that my use of 'hit' here is not abuse nor is it violently beating up a child to a pulp. Such brutalities, as I'm sure many of you will agree, are clearly bad from any standpoint.

The question is more about whether it is okay to hit a child as a way of correcting his/her attitude/behavior.. From the responses I see, it seems like many people are against laying their hands on a child at all. Here are some further questions we can consider:

-Do you think it's right that hitting one's child is acceptable in some cultures and not in others?

-In the past, beating children was not uncommon in many cultures around the world, let alone simply hitting a child. Why do you think there are relatively fewer such occurrences today?

-What about physical punishments in schools?

-Can it be necessary to resort to physical punishment for certain types of children?

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Hakukuroneko

Hakukuroneko

White Black Cat

I really do think parents should beat there kids (not beating to a pulp). Kids who don't get hit, usually do whatever they want. Asain parents like mine usually hit there kids. It kinda sucks to because they also now karate.LOL Watch Russel Peter uncensored. He is a comedian and his explanation of beating kids is great. ^_^
Indian parents will even kill there own kids man. Like what my dad used to say, "If I get rid of one, I'll just make a new one. And I'll tell the new one what an idiot the old one was." Russel Peter also said this. ^_^

Signature Image
Thanks Sumomo for the Sig :)
"If Life deals you a bad hand...cheat" (GTO)
"give a kid a smoke and he'll be happy for a day, teach a kid how to smoke, he'll be happy for a whole shortened life time." (GTO)

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

As a child I was punished when necassary and my parents apologized when I was wrongly punished (twice). A child do not know right from wrong and 'till that time he should be guided and definite no-go areas should be imprinted in his mind and bum.

My parents never had trouble with tantrums and they never had to tell me twice. When my dad and I fought over things (as a teenager), it was usually ver opinion and the one not able to see the other's point of view. Diplomacy in action.

Kids today should be beaten as a form of punishment, and yes, not exessively so that the poor kids lies there bleading. Just hard enough to remember (if he dies there's no point). Anyway, the type of parent that gets a power trip from beating kids...I don't know.

A lot of kids these dies could do with some spanking. Some new parents could do with some as well:

And this (spank) is how (spank) you do (spank) not (spank) raise children (spank)!!

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Children should get hit. As long as there are no sprains, broken bones and any results other than pain.

well not really...unless like they've done something really bad like incest for example....we won't just have to spank them lol......

no, never children should not be hurt......
that's like no .. wrong .. wrong no
it gives the children the sense of violence from their parents !

I think every parent that hurts their own child must get some parenting lessons ?
As the psychiatrist Kolberg mentioned that someone young would do things not to get punished, but hurting them makes it worse :D

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

Beating your kid does good things for them. It makes them correct. Or psychotic. Anyways. If you don't beat your children, they'll turn out like Bam Margera. Isn't that reason enough?

13md

13md

semanga's sugarboy

I think violence can never be the right way to educate someone because the parents behaviour serves as model for the children. So I guess it would be better to be patient and to explain exactly what the child has done wrong. If it doesnt seem to work out, there are several other ways of punishing.

Hitting is still the best seriously. If he trys to leave home or rebel, withdrawn all forms of support like dont give him money etc.

there's no need for physical abuse. I was slapped once by my father for talking back, I accepted it, but I still don't think I was at fault. He could of express it in a better way.

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Of course there's no need. Especially in a trusting, respect-based relationship with children (my goal when I get to there).

Hitting is not necessary. If used to a certain degree, you could end up becoming scared of your own parents: that's not the same as respecting them. If that happens, imagine the harm that could do to a youth's mind... Never being able to be honestly open with your children, and vice-versa. Something like that could be possible if you use violence. And if that does happen, would you be able to turn to your parents for the moments you really need their help?

If it's a last resort (and I mean last resort, and not used with a violent expression, just a resentful one would be good), I think it's acceptable

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

Hit as in spanking yes...nothings worse than knowing your kid is gonna be a spoiled brat! Sorry but grounding...timeouts...etc...they only work up to a point...

Jaszi5

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

This explains all. I agree with this guy too.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

archdevilz

archdevilz

ichimaru gin

as a child i'd say no of coz. but as a asian, i think hitting ur kids is still the best way to discipline them . haha

Signature
| Bleach | Ecchi-Club | Perverts-Club | MT-SingaporE | |Japanese <3 Lover | Nub |
Check Out my self-made Ichimaru image~

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

Quote by archdevilzas a child i'd say no of coz. but as a asian, i think hitting ur kids is still the best way to discipline them . haha

I'm asian too and I got hit often as a kid. Now that I'm older, I thank them for straightening me out.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

linkofhyrule340

linkofhyrule340

I Love winxfairykay

i dont think anyone has the right to hit theyre child

No one has the right to take the life of another.

At a point in a child's life, being scolded at is simply not enough. It's that time where they understand the fact that there is nothing to fear because their parents are only shooting words out of their mouths. In cases of non-physical punishment like groundings, too much will result in constant backstabbing. I'm very sure everyone or at least many people here have done that as well. When your parents continue to ground/scold you, eventually rebellion will be at hand. This is the part where I believe that physical punishment should be put into play to set kids straight on how serious parents are.

page 4 of 16 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next » 371 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.