Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My Friends Don't Understand - Minitokyo

My Friends Don't Understand

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

comprogrammer

comprogrammer

Changing in the Light

My friends don't understand why i love anime so much, which is strange cause we have so much in common but none of them like anime. Anybody else like that?

Signature Image

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

who would not like anime, besides if one don't like anime they shouldn't be here. you can't force your friends to like anime as well, its their perception. besides you are living for your own pleasure not for your friend's pleasure. why worry? you have friends here who likes anime so much.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

dunric0325

dunric0325

Jumpman

My friends are like a real mixed bag. I am an avid anime fan while a few others are interested because I got them to watch some. I do have quite a few friends who don't see why I like anime so much. They usually poke fun at me and my "cartoons," which is allright 'cause its all in fun. But I have noticed that most people who don't like anime also won't give it a chance. I guess they think its kiddie or something.

Ah you not one such Me too do not understand speak - that for nonsense, that for a kindergarten ..... that you will not do with it to Everyone to like the miscellaneous And everyone who to be here one - unites love to anime :)

EVERY MAN TO HIS TASTE

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

same here. most of my frenz dun even watch anime. but thats them. you are you and your frenz are your frenz. as long as you enjoy anime i guess it doesnt matter if the whole world hates it rite?

Cataclysm

Cataclysm

Shadows of nothing

Yeah I've got that with a couple of my friends, they wont even give Anime a chance, they just immediately think it's kids stuff or really lame and don't understand why I like it. However I convinced some of my friends to watch some Anime and now they're hooked, lol, I showed them the light ^^ Now they love it as much as I do and wonder why they didn't like it to begin with :)

loner7148

loner7148

evil intent

sorry, it's the opposite for me... my friends like anime but i don't... i just like the artworks...

~abashed, the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is~

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

who cares??just d what you want .....be yourself ^^ haha its not like they'll hate you if you watch anime anyways so no worries bout it ^^

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Yeah. None of my friends are really into anime so I don't talk to them about it. I wish I did have someone who love anime as much as I did so we could watch it together or chat about it. To each their own though. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

it doesnt matter whether your fren likes it or not :D what matters is wat you think :) cos everybody is entitled to have their own personal preferences... I use to feel sad too cos my frens dont love anime like I do, or even manga.... but I have this one fren of mine that saw that I was so sadden by this and try her best to show that she likes it as much as I do, and I feel bad for her cos she doesnt really like it, you see.... she was just trying her best to make me feel happy, so I told her not to force herself to like it ^^

Guess it's quite the same case like when you dont like your fren's bf/gf or their fave food.... yup, something like that...

Signature

Emi

Emi

White lady with black heart

Yes, I have the same problem as you. But in my country anime is something stupid and people laught when you say that your interesting in. So I suppose that you don't have a big problem. And I agrre with tareren. You can choose not them :)
Take care and see ya around :)

Do you see your heart?
It's black...
Smile!!!! You're always welcome!!

Most anime is pretty awful, so I understand that people do not understand me if they catch me watching one of the few good series of recent years.

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Quote by diamarrrwho cares??just d what you want .....be yourself ^^ haha its not like
they'll hate you if you watch anime anyways so no worries bout it ^^

right.

but most of my friends had at least seen one good anime
so im in an ok position. =)
besides, who do u think introduced them to anime??
even one of my TEACHERS probably like, 40, said anime was pretty good (she see it sometimes since her son likes anime)
she also said that its best when its in original japanese O__o

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Okay, I'd say the reason lots of people don't like anime is the popularity of pokemon and such. Of course they've heard that Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, are indeed animes. also i think those animes are not really the ones to represent anime in its true form =P

well, some people dont watch it cause they're too embarased. or they might even watch but don't say so.

when someone says he doesnt like anime i'd ask him "wait, you don't think that all animes are like pokemon do you?" if he says yes ill show him NGE or Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell =P i mean the good animes. maybe hell come to think a bit different of anime, he doesnt need to like it. my goal would just be to show him that there are better animes.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Most of my classmates seem to be more interested in mtv...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Hm... Some of my classmates like anime, just not on the level that I'm on right now.

Don't worry comprogrammer, we, members of MT, will be your friends who love anime. :nya:

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

Well yeah^^To me Anime and Manga is a very important Part of my Life.
I have so much fun with it.^^
I hate it when People say..........*ughhh...*gosh*how can you watch this stuff,its for children and some bullshit like that.

Signature

Alienated-NZ

Alienated-NZ

\ Sasuke \

Most of my friends only know db,dbz,dbgt and pokemon =_= and other lame ones like Beyblades :sweat: cept 1 which is in the same class as me... and another 2 but dont go to mi school but i hardy ever talk to them they usually talk about counter strike.... x_x

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

some people are like "tch. you like 2d people." Well, they have a point, but like it's unfair when people haven't even watched anime before and dislike it. Like my grandpa whenever I go visit him overseas... I love the television there and yet he doesn't let me watch anime... he says it'll make me stupid... and he hogs the TV 24/7 watching docs on flying birds and watches the news on BOTH channels every night... and I'm like hello? I don't see ya very often and you tell me that what I watch is junk?!

Another thing that's like anime to me is music. I really love Japanese Rock... and some people ask me why I've got these people on my folder. *sigh* Can't I love these people for their music... these anime characters for who they are? -__-

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

yeah some of my good mates aren't really into cartoons or animations even though we like pretty much the same stuff. I've managed to convert a few of them but really it's just a matter of preference.

For example I hate bands with a "The" at the beginning of the name (ie the white stripes). There's no particular reason, I just never ever listen to their music.

Also like Limality said there's a common misconception that anime is very childish and only for kids.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

you are you, they are they....

yes it's okay once I cried because someone said anime suck and pikachu sucks

^o^'' proves how much of a loser I am =)

heeheeeeeee but now..whenever someone asks me "omg STOP watching anime" I go like umm okay..::continues to watch it:: xDDD

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

I would suggest putting your friends to watch some really good anime like Grafve of the FireFlies or Perfect Blue, show them that anime is not what they think, since, round here, most people evaluate anime taking Dragon Ball as a reference, when they see something not so far from reality, they change their minds. If they insist that anime is not good, well let them go to..........

yah, most of my freinds think im a bit weird cuz of my love of anime, but, the accept me for who i am.. (im also converting one to an anime fan, so there is hope ^_^ )

I have a few friends who don't really like anime. They don't think it's odd or bad that I do, but I also don't tell them it's bad to like SOAD or Kelly Clarkson as much as they do. Everyone has something they go crazy for. For us, it's anime. For others, it's other stuff. It all depends on what you like.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.