Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 turn based or real time RPG? - Minitokyo

turn based or real time RPG?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 83 total items

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

which do you prefer? turn based or real time?
turn based: FF series, Suidoken
real time: Diablo, Neverwinter nights

for me i would prefer real time as i hate to waste time and letting the enemy hit me before i get to hit him........
i just wanna bash him and defeat him instantly...^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Nothing beats classic turn based fighting!!! But still, fast-paced battles rule!!!

Signature

turn based fighting too. I love the fighting system in Grandia

Signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ F r e n c h - T r i b u --- F i n a l F a n t a s y F a n s --- F i n a l - F a n t a s y --- F i n a l F a n t a s y]
[ J a p a n e s e --- M y W e b s i t e ]

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

i don't like turn based at all....
who the hell will want being beaten once then strike back then got beaten again then........

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

i like both of them RPG's rock!!!! haha both are fun in their own way ^^

Quote by satan123i don't like turn based at all....
who the hell will want being beaten once then strike back then got beaten again then........

in real time rpg you take some damages, you beat and the ennemy too. that's just faster and less strategic most of time

Signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ F r e n c h - T r i b u --- F i n a l F a n t a s y F a n s --- F i n a l - F a n t a s y --- F i n a l F a n t a s y]
[ J a p a n e s e --- M y W e b s i t e ]

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Turn based... but not Japanesse idea of it.
I lkie the one in 'Baldur's Gate' for example.
I think the battle system in FF suck.

P.S. I don't think Sudeki is actually a turn based one.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

i love them both
console i perfer turn based
and pc real time
but there are exceptions

山田 Yamada (mountain field) 一樹 Kazuki (one wood)

Jackyl

Jackyl

Lord of Destruction

Turn base, but the way D&D has it (like 'Icewind Dale' or 'Baldur's gate'). I hate the type FF's using.

No idea yet :D

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

turn based for 1 player rpg but real time for online rpg.

nospheratu

Alucard_NoSpHeRaTu

Turn based rulez!!!!! my friends say things like.... that a stupid way to fight on a game but i prefer it......... anyway.. that's my opinion!

Quote by Ghaiturn based for 1 player rpg but real time for online rpg.

I agree with Ghai

Congratulations, you just helped destroy the world.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

i prefer real time ,the action is most dynamic and very funny ;)

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

it depends on what i'm playing the game on.

If its a (regular) console or a computer or something else with a bigger screen size, I like real time.
If its on a handheld console, mobile, pda or something else with a small screen, I prefer turn based.
Overall, I prefer real time.

Zelds: Ocerina of Time has my favorite battle system, it just always works and never gets in your way, as well as looking cool. ^^ (/me is stuck in the past of N64 games)

dunric0325

dunric0325

Jumpman

I really can't decide. I suppose turn based, because I play so many more of them. But at the same time one of my favorite games is Tales of Symphonia. I dunno, turn based, i guess.

On a side note, I too love the battle system in Grandia II , I also very much look forward to Gradia III.

Norin

Norin

Mono Espacial

I agree real time is better i like to hit first too, I don`t like waiting, The closest to the real thing is better

If you want to make an omelette you have to brake some eggs
Signature
Be excellent to one another

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

I agree, console RPG's unless they are slasher's should be turn based...I prefer strategically fighting not jus button bashing and slashing..
MMORPG's should always be realtime, otherwise the game would jus laaaag on...
Best thing I feel is a mix, cant think of any game that does that though...

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well it dependes i don't like waiting and letting the enemy hit me before i get to hit him.
but i like turn based games more.

Zerotul

Zerotul

N3kO R3P1OID

Quote by diamarrri like both of them RPG's rock!!!! haha both are fun in their own way ^^

I couldn't agree more, yet some turn based-RPG's have certain abilities that characters have to invrease their 'speed' so that they could get in 2 or 3 attacks or something, before the opponent has a turn

Signature
"I'm back... and this time.... with a vengeance..... nobody shall get in my way... for i have the most powerful weapon of all... the VIBRATING SHEEP OF DEATH!"

Quote by satan123which do you prefer? turn based or real time?

Honestly, like 'em both.

Hopefully there will be room for both types of RPG of in the industry for year(s) to come.

(I disliked turn based play as a yung-un, with 'Dragon Warrior' for example, but I've long since seen the error of my ways, I now owe it to that series to give it another shot one of these days)

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

i prefer real time(star ocean n tales) than turn based ^^

Too many games I love have turn-based fighting, so I'm picking turn-based. I especially like tactical rpgs, kind of like chess. Though in some (or rather even several) tactical rpgs the gameplay is so sluggish as to be unbearable. I recall Grandia II was turn-based but there were no wait times. It was perfect. :nya:

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

I'd like to note that Neverwinter Nights IS turn-based. It doesn't stop when it's your turn, but each entity will wait it's turn before doing anything. A real-time RPG is something like morrowind, kingdom hearts, or secret of mana. Personaly, I like both. I'm playing through Sword of Mana (realtime), Final Fantasy X-2 (a bastard mix of real and turn), and Golden Sun (Turn-based). It's all good, don't ne hatin.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

real time it actually requires more skill and reflex instead of jus planning moves and what if you were really overpowered you would have to go back and train but in real time u can dodge and beat opponents way stronger then you are if your good

LONG LIVE STAR OCEAN 3 AND TALES OF SYMPHONIA XD

Signature
"Im not afraid of death; but dying scares the hell out of me."

"When aliens, robots, mutants, super powered psychopaths attack earth we are gonna kick their asses thanks to video games and the important lessons they taught us. :D"

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 83 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.