Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 turn based or real time RPG? - Minitokyo

turn based or real time RPG?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 83 total items

Fable was a great game. i love it. you can choose the good or evil path.
well i guess satan you'll be evil right?

proud member of DarkAlliance and Make-A-Friend

i would prefer real time although i seldom play RPGs. i love fast paced action.

i like them both as long as their is a good storyline to it.

Ace7388

Ace7388

Pervert

Of course real time RPG's. I tend to fall asleep right in the middle of battle when it's turn based ^_^'

Signature

krnxaja

krnxaja

SogeSogeSogeKing

Turn-based. I love old-school style, with the ATB in it. Games like Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean 3, I just sucked my own balls.

Signature
I am the Greatest and Most Honorable Man this world has ever known
I am the Leader of 8,000,000,000 Men
I am.....................CAPTAAAAAAIIIN USOOOOPPPPP!!!!!!!

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by Ace7388Of course real time RPG's. I tend to fall asleep right in the middle of battle when it's turn based ^_^'

hehehe...me too....lazy to wait for the turns...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I preffer real time...but I will play either. =)

Quote by satan123

Quote by Ace7388Of course real time RPG's. I tend to fall asleep right in the middle of battle when it's turn based ^_^'

hehehe...me too....lazy to wait for the turns...

for me it doesn't make sense that taking turns to hit somebody.

proud member of DarkAlliance and Make-A-Friend

For me, i would choose real time. It is better to hit than waiting. Neverless, normally turn based RPG are more for console games which have a gd story behind their titles.. I actually enjoy both type..

B4K4

B4K4

Shaman of Ice

Turn-based of course!! I don't like real time, you have to think fast if you can't pause it :P
Turn-based is better cuz you can think more about it. Breath of Fire IV for example has a great combo system! Real time is too confusing :P And it's easier to level up in turn-based :)

Though Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Siege are exceptions ^^ Those I can play, but they're scarily similar ^_^'
Why all the good turn-based games goes to consoles and all that's left for PC is real time?!?

Signature Image
You can kill with any emotion... But only love, can truly save someone

I like real time a little more tahn turn based. I mean i love the final fantasy series which is sort of a modified turn based system but real time is great. You don't really have to wait for anything except for cooldowns which it makes me feel like the game is moving faster. Even though it probably isn't moving too much quicker it just feels like it is.

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

I think FF 12 is in Real time right?

I prefer tactical turn-based RPGs.

I'll have to say turn based since I've become accustomed to it.
Maybe that will change in time as more RPGs become real time based.

Well, it can be hard to choose between the two.
I think some games like Diable/Diable 2 were great for their kind.
However, the FF series was also a great part of turnbased.

Real time al teh way baby..but then again..theres those times when yu get interrupted and stuf..that can spel diaster..^^; *Realtime would be best thou b^_^*

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by NoventaReal time al teh way baby..but then again..theres those times when yu get interrupted and stuf..that can spel diaster..^^; *Realtime would be best thou b^_^*

real time no.1.....

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by NoventaReal time al teh way baby..but then again..theres those times when yu get interrupted and stuf..that can spel diaster..^^; *Realtime would be best thou b^_^*

real time no.1.....

Can't decide - they're both good.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

It all depends on how they build it. I loved the turn based action in ffvii, but I'd have liked to see X's turn based system in IX.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

ummmn, been a real big heros of might and magic series fan, so i would say turn based.

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

I prefer turnbased since you can make up a good strategy and follow it, often, easily. But I like realtime RPGs too one system that I liked was the system in ffx-2 where you could interupt enemy attacks with attacks if timed right and the battle posistions changed depending on what kind of attack you used.

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Usually realtime, but I like turnbased when it's done like Baldur's Gate was; what's that, D&D rules? Dunno. Anyway, "oneside, otherside, firstside, otherside, firstside, otherside" turn based is best for games like Civ... otherwise I don't like it.

Kitizhi

Kitizhi

Darkness

Turn based are ok but I rather play real time. I've had a lan party of Age of Wonders 2 once and it took us 10hrs to finish x.x

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 83 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.