Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 turn based or real time RPG? - Minitokyo

turn based or real time RPG?

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 83 total items

I too say real time. It is much more fun, takes more skill, and is(usually) fast action wich I like.

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Turn based has it's perks, though now, I would have to say that after playing Star Ocean 3, I really prefer more real-time battling RPGs.

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

real time, im more an action gamer. Also real time makes the action more fast pace, and it creates more of an RPG element in a game

"Death Comes On Swift Wings, Without Mercy, Without Regret"

I like either one, it just depends on my mood. = P

DebauchedNun

DebauchedNun

Bloodied

I'm an old fan of turnbased. But my interest has changed to real time. After awhile in so many RPG's Standing in one place, with a little body movement, and then running up and hitting a monster, to just jump back in the same spot has now worn itself out. I like real time, only if its done well. If its a choppy real time game I probably wont enjoy it. Some games flow real good, some don't. (Is hoping ffxii has a good real time flow) However I think there is still room for turn based maybe for another year or so. I think people will start accepting the change, and turn based will find its fan base turning to something diferent. With the technology now, and what video games and PC's can offer. I think real time is a nice evolution to not just RPG's, but other games that once relied on turn based battle systems.

Signature Image

Personally, I like well implemented turn based RPGs more but this is from someone that plays a lot of RT RPGs such as MMORPGs and games like Tales of Symphonia, Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean EX.

Maybe it is just because I miss turn based since I havent played one since ffx-2.

Turn-based, action games have far better realtime battle system... except for maybe the Tales series.

Both are good but I'e been playing rpg for many year's now and I prefer Real time I.m pretty quick at response time's !

I dunno. Turn-based is good and gives you time to think, while real time is exciting and lets you smack people the way you want to.

*shrug* XP I guess I'd go with real time.

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Quote by sushiwolfI dunno. Turn-based is good and gives you time to think, while real time is exciting and lets you smack people the way you want to.
*shrug* XP I guess I'd go with real time.

so you like to smack people i assumed?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

real time action is better. more realistic

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 83 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.