Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Duplicate Wallpapers - Minitokyo

Duplicate Wallpapers

page 1 of 1 22 total items

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

I've mentioned this before, but I'll reiterate it so that everyone hears me loud and clear. Please, please please don't submit multiple versions of wallpapers. While you might think it fascinating to have a greyscale, pink and blue version of your wallpaper uploaded, noone else does. Not only are you basically getting more levels for the same wallpaper, you're wasting MT bandwidth. Make artistic decisions like colors and such before you submit the wallpaper; if you honestly want to change it, use the 'Update' feature on the existing wallpaper instead of submitting a new one. Existing duplicate wallpapers will be deleted; whichever wallpaper is either older or has the most favorites/comments will remain.

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

if we uploaded with the same picture. will be deleted too ?
what about. when we uploaded with another background but the background is almost same like before. will be deleted too ?

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Personally, I think that these sorts of duplicate or veriations of their wallpapers should be placed on the waller's own personal web site.... if they want them to be downloadable by others.

How if we change the background totally? I've uploaded two of similar scans but different background walls.. Would that be considered duplicated walls?

:: Lawy3rz ::

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

If the scan is the same, but the background is completely dfferent, that's fine. However, if the background is basically the same, with either slight variations or else just color changes, it'll be deleted.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

You can also feature different colors in your description. Like Shyxsakura did with her latest wallpaper.

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/3839/blhablah4ao.jpg

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

Yeah, peeps, do what I do! I post my other versions at my own sitey, not here... ;)

Only the best here... XD

And there are plenty of scans waiting to be walled out there.....so stop being fixated on one scan!! XP

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Glad someone said this because I've seen a few incidents around lately.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

How about~~~ (What i mean is scan and bg remain the same, cos i have seen it before in mt... but forget whom oledy...)

1. color change
2. effects and filter added
3. some artwork changes (additional drawing into the bg...)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by Aa-chanGlad someone said this because I've seen a few incidents around lately.

Not to mention, I think it's time they kick this issue up a notch and restrict members who don't seem to pay attention to the rules. Like Aa-chan pointed out - this is happening as of very recent, too. When will they ever learn? Creativity is something a lot of people would like to see on the table - there's no doubt or question about that.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by biriwilgPlease don't submit the same artwork several times with slight
modifications, such as different clothing. Just select one version, and
save MT's bandwidth. ^^

Thanks for helping out with this problem... even though this particular member hasn't learned yet. That's all I should say on the matter.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Quote by ramchongHow about~~~ (What i mean is scan and bg remain the same, cos i have seen it before in mt... but forget whom oledy...)

1. color change
2. effects and filter added
3. some artwork changes (additional drawing into the bg...)

in this case you should use the 'update' feature- put the best resolution one/ better filters etc and color change- if you want to submit it, it means you must like it better than the first- so only put the best one up.

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

GundamFans

GundamFans

** May My Wishes Come True **

if I submit a new wall,
don't know is web problem or else
but not find at our site
if continous to try to submit
in this case,
will it led to depulicate if same file name

* Space & Life are so Mystery *
Signature
** May My Dreams Come True **
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by GundamFansif I submit a new wall,
don't know is web problem or else
but not find at our site
if continous to try to submit
in this case,
will it led to depulicate if same file name

Actually, the easiest way to see if an upload was successful is to check your personal galery from your user page, and sort it by "Date of Submission" in "Descending" order.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Yes biriwilg somebody finally made a thread on the matter. We are having lately a real influx of wallpapers that differ only slightly in colors. Celessa is right in saying that it is neither creative nor exactly in accordance with rules.

Quote by CelessaNot to mention, I think it's time they kick this
issue up a notch and restrict members who don't seem to pay attention
to the rules. Like Aa-chan pointed out - this is happening as of very
recent, too. When will they ever learn? Creativity is something a lot
of people would like to see on the table - there's no doubt or question
about that.

So please refrain from submitting multiply versions of the same wallies >.<

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

Holt

Holt

pffft

I agree that people shouldn't post multiple versions but maybe, as a future project for the MT designers, each submission could have the option of uploading multiple sizes etc. Just a suggestion ^__^

Signature Image

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Duplicate wallpapers are defined as wallpapers with the same exact background and character, but with a different color scheme, and/or different brushes flowing through the wall.

Two walls with the same character but completely different backgrounds are fine.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

tell it to them Jin XD beat them down if u have to....haha

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

go ahead... delete some of my duplicate wallies.. those were when i didn't know there was an update button.. -___- how stupid of me.. anyways.. feel free to delete them please and sorry for posting two versions

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Yeah good Idea! because I'v keep seeing updated walls or something like that. That's a great idea. That's what the option 'update' is for!

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote by bromithiaYou can also feature different colors in your description. Like Shyxsakura did with her latest wallpaper.
http://img92.echo.cx/img92/3839/blhablah4ao.jpg

Description is da place to say all about the variations you've made.
Thanks biri for all your hard work - some people just don't know how to use the update option XD

AnimeHero

AnimeHero

The Man of Few Words!

good on ya. it does get a bit boring seeing page after page of the same wall but with different colours great work.
Viva Le Minitokyo!

I'm BACK!
NEW USERPAGE COMING SOON!

Signature

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.