Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Please help! Advice desperately needed... - Minitokyo

Please help! Advice desperately needed...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Ok, I'm very much in need of help right now, to make a decision on a job. I decided off the bat that I do not want a job stuck behind a counter where things go 'beep' all the time, or stuck in some other crappy job for minimum wage. I decided to go into a club and, well... its dodgy. I mean, the money's good - a girl I talked to while I was there, Nikki, said she got $400 a night sometimes for private strips. All well n good, but the guys there... ew. Perverted animals, I swear no better than that. Upstairs there's a massage parlour - guys basically pay to go get laid. I'm not doing stripping or dancing, but I could waitress there. For every drink they sell they make 50c. The waitress I spoke with said she makes around $100 on a good night.

So, here's the decision: should I take the job or not? Its good money, the guys won't be touching me, but does it still sound too dodgy a place to be working in? I will have to wear skanky clothes if I do end up working there... what does everyone else think?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well... I don't really see anything wrong being a barmaid... plz don't ever go stripping !! That'd be awful ! Well, it also depends on the reputaion of the place as well... like I mean, you may think you won't get touched by people... the reality is that there is a chance of it. If you want to take the risk, that's up to you... as for me... I may rather want to work somewhere else... if there is a higher class bar around... go for it and try... the skills overall are good... but if the place is dodge, I won't reccommend it. And if you have to wear skanky clothes... depends if you're comfortable wearing them. I don't even have anything in my closet that shows my shoulders... and it depends on what you define skanky... if it fee;s uncomfortable wearing those clothes... then... nah... I'd definitely not go for it... money is money... but being yourself is more important.... plus I'm worried for you that things may not be as simple as they seem... so be careful, mkay?

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well, i guess it depends on how comfortable you feel about this compared to how much you want the money. If there is a chance that bad things could result from this, perhaps you should look elsewhere for a job. I guess get all the info you can about this job, and make your decision from there. Its usually better safe than sorry, but if you think things will go ok, it is a lot of money fast.

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Ermmmm, I really think you shouldnt take a job in a ...erm... shady place like that. I mean, there is no guarantee that they wont touch you and all, they could be drunk enough and try to do something to you.

MAybe you should try to look for other job opportunities that will suit you more. Think about what you would like to do, not just because of th money, and I am sure you will be happy enough to do the job.

Signature

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by crsgOk, I'm very much in need of help right now, to make a decision on a
job. I decided off the bat that I do not want a job stuck behind a
counter where things go 'beep' all the time, or stuck in some other
crappy job for minimum wage. I decided to go into a club and, well...
its dodgy. I mean, the money's good - a girl I talked to while I was
there, Nikki, said she got $400 a night sometimes for private strips.
All well n good, but the guys there... ew. Perverted animals, I swear
no better than that. Upstairs there's a massage parlour - guys
basically pay to go get laid. I'm not doing stripping or dancing, but I
could waitress there. For every drink they sell they make 50c. The
waitress I spoke with said she makes around $100 on a good night.
So, here's the decision: should I take the job or not? Its good money,
the guys won't be touching me, but does it still sound too dodgy a
place to be working in? I will have to wear skanky clothes if I do end
up working there... what does everyone else think?

I wouldnt want to work around drunks, guys who just want to get some, and strippers. I think that sounds way worse than a job behind a counter. >_>

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

hmm.. different people got different opinions.. i think you shouldn't take the job as well too.. i think there's surely other jobs that is better.. why not trying other jobs..

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You're just a glowing target for drunks and dirty old guys...

But I wouldn't consider the counter job either... robbers are abound anywhere... you're better off with the old guys than stick you're neck to some thugs...

Go get a job at a decent place and a safe one at that... forget about the cash, just be good at waht you do and you'll make it to the top in not time!!!

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.