Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How would it make you feel... - Minitokyo

How would it make you feel...

page 1 of 1 18 total items

if your bestfriend backstabs you? I had a someone that I called a friend for the longest time. Like five years now...he "used" to be my bestfriend. Until I found out that he was doing nothing but trashing me behind my back to his group of "inner" friends. Or more like he was saying that he didn't owe me for anything. When I lived in the same state as him (long story short) I traded in my old car for a new one. Well come a few months in we had to move out of state (or more like I wanted out of Idaho) and we handed the new car over to him. All I asked in return was 2k from him and he said,"Ok it a fair deal." Four months down the road I ask him about it...he's done nothing but ignored my phone calls, ignored my emails..etc. I got a few emails here and there saying he would send it blah blah blah. I come to find out a few weeks after them emails that he was telling one of this stupid friends that he didn't owe us anything and that he didn't really plan to pay us.

How would that make you feel if someone did that? Would you even care that someone made such a deal then later on behind your back the bestfriend is telling people such things, yet they can't say it to you...

Signature
+I like Celestial backgrounds++Proud Member Of DNAngel Fans++Member Of Loving Ayashi-no-Ceres+
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

wow, that would piss me off alot. i dont know what i'd do, but id want to get the car back some how. i'd also get a bit sad and maybe depressed for a while.

I feel sorry for you about this, I hope you either get your car back, or the money. i really dont see how he doesnt owe you anything.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Thats terrible. Seems like this guy is just using you, which is very wrong. I'd be really ticked for sure. Did you have him sign anything saying he would pay? If he did, he would have to pay or go to court over this. Otherwise, i'm not sure how you will get him to pay. -_-'
i hope he comes clean and pays you what you deserve. No one likes a user XP

Signature

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

that would really hurt. friends really shouldn't backstab each other. it's a nasty thing to do :(

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Losers abound everywhere.

I'm of the "I don't play your effin' games" type. First, I think how one would feel would be pretty obvious. It's what you do in turn that is important.

Since you have 2k riding on the line, you need to get it. You gave him the car, so you need to get that money for it. Of course, if you simply made the deal by word of mouth, then it becomes difficult to take any legal action.

Trash talking aside, a commercial transaction is a commercial transaction. So go get your money!!!

And then just forget a loser like that ever existed. He's obviously not worth your time and emotional investment.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Just avoid this so-called friend and hence being taken advantage of any further. What this person seeks to gain in the short term, he will lose far more in the long term (e.g. people's trust, his reputation, his friends, etc.). I have had similar experiences with a bastard that I thought was my good friend. Suffice to say, we went our separate ways and I have not heard from him for the last 7 years. His loss, for all I care.

Regards.

Rizov

Rizov

Just wasting time...

I agree with EternalParadox - loosers abound everywhere. And you should know that and keep an eye on people, even the ones you think you trust. You may call it paranoia and maybe it is but it is the best way to protect one's back from people like your so called "friend". Be careful in the future and good luck getting your money back although the chances are slim.

Signature

Quote by skysongThats terrible. Seems like this guy is just using you, which is very
wrong. I'd be really ticked for sure. Did you have him sign anything
saying he would pay? If he did, he would have to pay or go to court
over this. Otherwise, i'm not sure how you will get him to pay. -_-'
i hope he comes clean and pays you what you deserve. No one likes a
user XP

It was a verbal agreement when I handed over the keys to the car the day we moved. Yet I do have it writing by email that he said he would pay us that 2k. We gave him all the information he need to send to us and have not gotten it and that when I found out through talk that he was telling his friends that he wasn't going to pay us anything.
Trust me...I more then anything want to take it to court...and my husband was being fair about it and left a message on his cell phone saying, "Hey look we want to work this out..give us a call before the weekend up or we are going to file with a lawyer on Monday." It seems fair enough. Yet no phone call back and it seems he doesn't want to work this matter out fairly or such...sooo w/e I guess. I know for a fact that in the state of Idaho... Verbal agreement must be followed through and even other people that I asked have said the same thing...don't know what will happen now.
Yet I'm pissed that after five years, he would go and do this behind my back and not even have the balls to say it to me.

Signature
+I like Celestial backgrounds++Proud Member Of DNAngel Fans++Member Of Loving Ayashi-no-Ceres+
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

If Idaho state laws give verbal agreements the same binding power as a legal contract, then you have all the right in the world to take it to court. And you should.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Hail to the threadmaker on this one. I so know what you are talking about, and I can relate to this over here as well.

Quote by kaylessaif your bestfriend backstabs you? I had a someone that I called a
friend for the longest time. Like five years now...he "used" to be my
bestfriend. Until I found out that he was doing nothing but trashing me
behind my back to his group of "inner" friends.

Nothing really frustrates me more than for having people do that behind other people's backs. It is utterly ridiculous - especially when this comes from a good friend of yours, or your so-called "good friend." When I found out one of my friends was two-faced, I literally dropped my glass jar and had it shattered to pieces. It just felt that bad. And to have a friend like that who pretends to be nice to you, while trash-talking at the same time! How low can you go? **Shakes her head in shame**

You know, this kind of behaviour should not be tolerated in a lot of places. That is why your best option is not to get back at them, but completely ignoring them instead. There ARE other friends who can treat you right - people who can make you feel better about yourself and the works. Keeping an air of honesty is key around here, and having people start sneaking some secretive shots when you aren't there to defend yourself... that is very bold, and of sheer stupidity [mind my manners here]. It's not right.

Quote by kaylessaOr more like he was saying that he didn't owe me for anything. When I lived in the same state as him (long story short) I traded in my old car for a new one.
Well come a few months in we had to move out of state (or more like I
wanted out of Idaho) and we handed the new car over to him. All I asked
in return was 2k from him and he said,"Ok it a fair deal." Four months
down the road I ask him about it...he's done nothing but ignored my
phone calls, ignored my emails..etc. I got a few emails here and there
saying he would send it blah blah blah.

Hehe - that is definitely thievery, Kaylessa. Go hunt him down!

Quote by kaylessaI come to find out a few weeks
after them emails that he was telling one of this stupid friends that
he didn't owe us anything and that he didn't really plan to pay us.
How would that make you feel if someone did that? Would you even care
that someone made such a deal then later on behind your back the
bestfriend is telling people such things, yet they can't say it to
you...

Can anyone spare this guy some change? I totally agree nearly 100%. It's like they have no sense of decency all over. You know, just step up to the plate, take your money and leave that guy. He ain't worth it - and why he doesn't tell you straight to your face - I can never know. Low, low, low - very low. **Shakes her head in shame**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Wow. That is cruel. I don't know how are you still so calm. If it was me, I will be yelling and trying to get back at him.
I really hate it when people backstab you.
If you have the stuff in writing, you should just go the the court. That guy doesn't deserve any sympathy.

Signature

Wow...talk about harsh stuff x_x If it wasn't for the fact that he owed you 2k, i would have advised to forget and move on. Personally, i think it's better just forgetting about people like that...agonizing over the mere existence of those kinda ppl just makes one's life unnecessarily stressful.

I really don't know what to say about the stuff that he did to you and the things that he owes you. At best, you could hunt him down and he'll give you the money if you confront him face to face..but that's being a little optimistic =\ I think we all can learn a lesson from this...there are ppl out there who we should really watch out for.

Do you still have the title? So far all I read is that you handed over the keys.

Report the car stolen.

Quote by LinearXDo you still have the title? So far all I read is that you handed over the keys.

Report the car stolen.

Nobody has the title to the car. It was a 2004 Neon, so it still being paid off. My old car went into the trade in for that one and all I asked was 2k of it back. The car that was traded in was worth 6k when I got it...it maybe down to 5k or something like that now. Can't report the car stolen because we are co-signers on the loan (even though we shouldn't be) but I do have all the paper work that states I traded in my old car for the new one he has. Emails from him saying he would pay me the 2k for the car. And verbal agreement with my husband with me when we made that agreement...

Signature
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

1mm0rt4l

Consummate Sniper

Quote by kaylessaif your bestfriend backstabs you? I had a someone that I called a
friend for the longest time. Like five years now...he "used" to be my
bestfriend. Until I found out that he was doing nothing but trashing me
behind my back to his group of "inner" friends. Or more like he was
saying that he didn't owe me for anything. When I lived in the same
state as him (long story short) I traded in my old car for a new one.
Well come a few months in we had to move out of state (or more like I
wanted out of Idaho) and we handed the new car over to him. All I asked
in return was 2k from him and he said,"Ok it a fair deal." Four months
down the road I ask him about it...he's done nothing but ignored my
phone calls, ignored my emails..etc. I got a few emails here and there
saying he would send it blah blah blah. I come to find out a few weeks
after them emails that he was telling one of this stupid friends that
he didn't owe us anything and that he didn't really plan to pay us.
How would that make you feel if someone did that? Would you even care
that someone made such a deal then later on behind your back the
bestfriend is telling people such things, yet they can't say it to
you...

Though I haven't been put in a situation even remotely similar *yet*.... I would go back there and strangle the dude O_o;;;;;.... but that's just me....

Signature

As long has you have the e-mails, and the paper work that states that you (the owner) traded in the old car for the new, then you have proof enough to force him to pay you. Of course, none of us here has a law degree of anykind (if i'm wrong, then feel free to correct me on that), but maybe talking to a lawyer would help. If everything goes down allright, then lay down some allmighty justice-smackdown upon your former "best friend."

If anything, he deserves a little legal action.

Quote by halcyonTwilight
If anything, he deserves a little legal action.

I agree fully...maybe a little legal action will make him think a little more clearly the next time he tries to screw someone else over. Then again in the five years that I've known him, he's never changed and he's always been trouble. That what I get for sticking my neck out and being a friend ><

Signature
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

makes him pay double...
i just hate someone backstabing me....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.