Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does your family have any traditions? - Minitokyo

Does your family have any traditions?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well, for one thing, my family is pretty traditional. I mean, we still all sit down and eat dinner together (when everyone is home that is). I know a lot of families today aren't like this at all, for many families everyone is on their own XD So i guess my family is different in that way.

What kinds of traditions do you share with your family?

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Every summer, my family and I go down to Virginia to visit our distant relatives. The trip is fun, but I'm afraid that it could be more entertaining as there isn't much to do.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Acuni

Acuni

wrapped in night

well i tink that have dinner together is for me on the day order so something normal.
and we have many traditions that we keep in that way every year ^^
that is "nerving" but i like it so i spend more time with tham as other people in my age
so we have traditions for answering your question
and what do you made there when you arrive mel?

Signature

Ari-chan

Ari-chan

The Odd One

Having Pizza on Friday seems to have become a tradition for my family. We either go out to our favorite italian resturant, or order pizza.

Signature

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

My family doesn't have any traditions :( The only thing we do that comes close to it is going to our family reunion every year for my mom's family ( over a hundred people) but my dad rarely goes with us. And the other thing is going to Florida and visit our old friends from when we lived down there which my sister rarely goes with us on that trip, She always finds some way of getting out of it. :( We do get together for holidays, but most fo the family doesn't coem over.

My family is realy sad -_-

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by KyoFan368My family doesn't have any traditions :( The only thing we do that comes close to it is going to our family reunion every year for my mom's family ( over a hundred people) but my dad rarely goes with us. And the other thing is going to Florida and visit our old friends from when we lived down there which my sister rarely goes with us on that trip, She always finds some way of getting out of it. :( We do get together for holidays, but most fo the family doesn't coem over.
My family is realy sad -_-

aww, its ok! Family reunions are definitely traditions! Tho, they aren't always the best thing XD my family reunions can get pretty weird, believe me! ^_^' luckily we only have them every other year, lol

Signature

weedy98z

weedy98z

full metal geek

Quote by Ari-chanHaving Pizza on Friday seems to have become a tradition for my family. We either go out to our favorite italian resturant, or order pizza.

same here we get pizza or go out to dinner eery friday

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

I and my family and my relatives sometime have a collective lunch on Friday and we have alot of food and drinks and this is one of our tradition... :) :D :) :D

http://hrof.net/im/index.pl/2956232410511211-15638.jpg

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Traditions? We don't have a lot of traditions, maybe that all of us have to help to do the tamales usually at the end of the year, and that we get together to open the Christmas presents! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

Cadi

Cadi

True

My family don't really have much traditions anymore. Since we are split in half by the oceanXD We used to eat dinner every weekend together and talk about school, work, news we want to share with the family. Basically a family bonding.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

hmmm yeah back when we all lived in Dubai we'd always eat dinner together. Also every now and again we'd go out somewhere to eat. Usually Japanese or chinese since we all love oriental foods and we like to try new stuff. We go try to goto Hong Kong every 2 years to visit relatives and also to make sure we're still eligble for Hong Kong citizenship.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Quite A Few......
We Go Out For Dinner/Lunch At Special Events

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

We go out to fancy restauraunts for special events
we celebrate holidays together also...
no present opening til midnight on Christmas Eve....
and also on Chinese New Year be don't open the money pouches until a few days have passed... that's pretty much it...i think...

My family gets together with our distance relatives (my gandma's cousin's family~they are know as the Renshaws) each year on New Years day and we have dinner talk about how things have been going yadda yadda... and then we have an all out ping-pong tournament my family VS the Renshaws... it's alot of fun.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

my family was broken apart and rebuilt so many times if there ever was a tradition, it was forgotten (see? i'm not even sure myself... ^_^') since my parents' divorce, it's been my mom and me alone, my father basically forgot about me for many years... and with my mom, traditions, well, nah... she changed boyfriends too often for those to take place... we never even did family trips and so on... so, no traditions on my side... not even for Christmas or New Year's Eve... as weird as it may seem :\

Ceridwen

nyang nyang

My family have many traditions like you skysong (like yours rules for dinner). My parents are very strict and conservative (girls couldn't do this, and that...). It was so boring ^^'
We have a traditionnal family reunion every year for All Saints' Day. We meeting in my father's family house. He had 12 brothers and sisters so we are many cousins. There's always a lot of people for all ages and it's fun ^^

Member of :
#JapaneseLover# | #French-Tribu#
Signature
my own anime goodies >> there <<

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

i guess it would be fishing when we all have time on the weekends.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

nope.....my mom's motto "every man for himself!!"

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I don't think my family really have any traditions.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, we invite a lot of our relatives to dinner, or we go to their house. When it's Chinese New Year, we get money(yeah!) and we and relatives eat dinner together.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

No not really, it's hard to have traditions when your family is never around. :(

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Holt

Holt

pffft

The only thing we do that might be a tradition is whenever we go to HK we have massive gatherings with all our relatives. One with my Mum's side and one with my Dad's.

Signature Image

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

hmmmm.....every Sunday, all of my family in MD comes over and we have Sunday dinner after church. It's pretty fun because we do a whole bunch of things together and we get pretty loud XD. But it's really nice to do that because I get to see my family a lot and together, we can reminese and talk about events and what not. It's also very rare around where I live, because most of the people are independant, and they don't really have chances to have family get togethers. I'm really lucky to have them and some of my neighbors have said that they wished their family was like ours. We're pretty close and when we get together, it's like one huge party!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Hikaruu

Hikaruu

Hikaru~

My family sort of has a tradition. This tradition is to never exceed one bag of garbage at the end of the week hahaha

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.