Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your First and Favorite Mecha? - Minitokyo

Your First and Favorite Mecha?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

If you recall, what was your first Mecha-related anime to see?

Do you recall what you thought of the Mechs the first time you saw them?

(As for mysef, I don't recall if it was Mazinger, Maccross/Robotech, or Voltron that I came upon first, but I thought the idea of pilots controlling giant robots was cool as heck -- which is what I'd imagine the developers were hoping for -- and I've loved the idea ever since.)

As a follow-up, if you're a big Mech fan, what are your Top-5 favorite Mechs?

Nice to see other mech geeks out there 8p

i remember that Voltron was my 1st mech show, but I only go to see it every now and then.
The first one I got really serious was undoubtedly Gundam Wing.

i was enraptured by the speed and power of the Gundams. I was always partial to the Wing models and Heero as well. His demeanour represents the mindset I've always tried to attain, but have never come close. Anyway, I was practically raised on Star Wars and Star Trek so this was a cool new angle on the sci-fi battle (whether on Earth or in space)

On your side note, my top 5 models

Wing Zero Custom - all the Wing models but Custom is my favourite - (I was pissed when it blew up...I saw it unful its wings and went "mine! mine! MINE!"

An extremely close second (and only because Zero has the white wings) is the Freedom from Gundam SeeD/Destiny

Tallgeese III

Justice - not as much firepower as Freedom, but still extremely cool, especially when Athuran puts the beam sabres together

Deathscythe Custom or Nataku (EW Custom) (one of these would be higher on the list, but
my battle style calls for a good variety of short and mid-long range weapons, a criteria all the other suits fit...so...umm, yeah, I still love em, but I don't like being TOO dependant on one weapon system, like the Deathscythe)

Great thread dude, really enjoyed it

Meteorain

Meteorain

Celestial Judgement

I think the Ffirst mech I ever saw was on this really old cartoon called Centurions. MY fav mech has to be Shinji's eva-01 after it eats the S2 Organ it so t3h pwns anything. eva-01> Gundam Seed Mech so hard. XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

My first real mecha anime was Patlabor and I loved Alphonse when I saw him the first time!
The Ingram are so stylish, so imponent! I still shiver when I think on him.
My top five:
1 Wing Zero Gundam Custom
2 Ingram av-98
3 Sword Impulse Gundam
4 Type J9 Griffon
5 Rayearth Mashin
May I list more? may I list more? OX I love mecha!
There's Epyon and Savior, Justice, Freedom, Peacemaker, Tallgeese... *sighs* I'm sorry :)

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

deltok

deltok

sadness

link

all are great but my favorite is Mazinger Z forever . . [:]

Quote by DrakenImmortali remember that Voltron was my 1st mech show, but I only go to see it every now and then. The first one I got really serious was undoubtedly Gundam Wing.

I hate to admit it, but somehow I missed 'Gundam' completely growing up. I'd probably consider myself "old school" in that I was around pretty darn early when anime was hitting the U.S. but somehow this one I've only caught an episode or two of, unfortunately.

That said, I've long resolved to change that, and the Gundams are on my list, predominantly, of "To Get's."

Any one Gundam series that you'd reccommend over another?

Feel free to expound on why that is...heh.

Quote: Great thread dude, really enjoyed it

Glad to hear it!

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Freedom Gundam is my favorite gundam. But with Mecha It is Arbalest.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Tranzor - Z!!

Jotaro

Hunting squirrel

Only one ? Eva-02 in NGE.
But they're are some very fine looking mechas in Gundam series.

Quote by CosmoStarMay I list more? may I list more? OX I love mecha!

Sure!

Quote: There's Epyon and Savior, Justice, Freedom, Peacemaker, Tallgeese... *sighs* I'm sorry :)

Not a problem. I actually thought that it might be asking too much for folks to list more than [5].

Apparently not!

Quote by JotaroOnly one ?

Nah, the original question was simply what was your first Mecha-related anime?

Other than that I was interested in a Top-5 favorite Mechs as a follow-up, if you had any interest in answering. Feel free to do so.

Quote: Eva-02 in NGE.

I thought the limitation to the Eva's "battery" power (at least initially) was an interesting call. And Eva-02 is a great Mech, agreed.

Thanks for chiming in.

first Mecha-related anime?
Hmm..just gundam wing only.(that time i dun have more money to spend)

Top 5:(Let me think a while)
Freedom Gundam
Wing Zero
Gaia Gundam
Heavyarms Custom
Astray Gold Frame(with blitz right hand )
Gp03d

Can i make it six???? XD

Patlabor13

Patlabor13

The Last Sane Man

Patlabor yo. Wouldn't mind having a J-9 Griffon for myself. Close combat, with speed to back it up. That, and its black. Sweetness.

I shall reveal my FPS secret technique. Shoot em in the face... Don't tell anyone, OK?

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

First mecha...? Evangelion. My roommate insisted we rent it. I...only watched so she wouldn't...gesture at me. Usually I can't stand the stuff. Escaflowne and Last Exile are very very notable exceptions. The mecha in Last Exile is so pretty.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

First show with mecha in it was voltron but my favorite by far would be the mecha from Gundam Wing.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

My first mecha show was Beasties/Beast Wars, which is a based on Transformers series. But Gundam Wing was the first anime I ever seen and most serious mecha.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

My first mecha series was Voltron! It was awesome. I thought how each lion slept in their own element was pretty cool. I still have all five lions and the Castle is somewhere in my house.

My favorite mecha right now is Deathscythe Hell(not custom).

Signature Image

evilchakra

.: Hollow :.

voltes v was the first mecha anime that i can remember. then voltron, gundam, etc. i still like them now and i wish i have one.:)

Signature

Group Administrator : [ BogchiDotCom ] [ FortressOfSolitude ] [ Make-A-Friend ]

Group Member: [ Ecchi-Club ] [ xpdesigns ] [ Bleach ] [ Sasuke-and-Naruto ]

i think my first mecha is transformers series..
then i got stuck on patlabor..
the mecha i like the most is vandread (after vanguard and dread combined) and its the one with dita and hibiki mechas~

Signature

Rezel

Rezel

- Yazuka -

Transformers was the first mecha/robot series I saw.
But one of my favourite mech is Weltall from the gameXenogears.
I love that mech!!!

- May The Darkness Return To Me -
Somebody had already taken the name Yazuka!! .'(

well.. i suppose it's weird to have a girl who also loves mecha... but here goes...
my fav mecha is actually the Freedom, because those wings make it look cool... but the best manga mecha i've seen so far is Su's Mechatama-05 (u know...the one in Love Hina volume 13) that was really funny....lolz^_^'

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

I like all of them. I'll mention Dubine from Aura Battler Dunbine because I like the theme song.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

my first mecha anime i ever saw was patlabor...

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

av-98 ingram of Patlabour

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.