Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever wanted to commit suicide? - Minitokyo

Ever wanted to commit suicide?

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

Tsuki-A

Ruler Of A Small Universe

I've thought about committing suicide but now I can't really remember why. Now I have known 2 of my friends had wanted to commit suicide for no apparent reason. I think, thinking about committing suicide is just a thing to try and make you feel better but not many people actually get around to doing it. The actual suicide part is probably when you have a mental illness or are drunk or have sufferred from too much emotional and mental distress and so your mind probably just gives up on holding that fear of which humans have of dying.

Current Quote: "Bit by bit the rock breaks into millions and millions of grains of sand"

------------

Signature

Hikaruu

Hikaruu

Hikaru~

Uh-huh...tons of times! I wanted to commit suicide...well, I've been thinking about it, but then I thought that it would be a very stupid thing to do. ^_^;;

Signature

I'm slightly surprised that so many of you are completely against suicide.
I don't consider it a "good" option but I do believe there are situations in which it is acceptable.

EDIT: Oppss, I forgot about the question of the OP! ^^;
Yes I have thought about suicide before, but I put myself on anti depressants before I started to seriously consider it.

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I am completely against it... I went over to one of my friends' houses and just as I went in I saw his dad shoot himself in the head... It's just not the answer...

Why do you kill the joy of death?

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

suicide is bad...
if u do it thinking ur "heaertless" family and friends won't care, ur wrong...
i know this kid that killed himself and alot of people cried about his lost...

plus u will go down to (...well u know what i am going to say...).

retire

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Quote by sjolleyI am completely against it... I went over to one of my friends' houses
and just as I went in I saw his dad shoot himself in the head... It's
just not the answer...

That frigging sucks man...I feel sorry for you..(not as in pity but sorrow..):(
It reminds me of something I saw on some VCD about death...a guy shooting himself at his party...its realy horrific and all I have to say is there are others ways to cope with it...and yes I have thought about it..(never answered it ma 1st post) But I was a lot stupider and wilder back then..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

like they say dieing is a cheap way to escape from your problems, in order to solve anything u must first take on your problems head on in life and then everything will be fine. pray that tomorrow will be a better day. :nya:

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

To tell the truth, I have seriously contemplated it a number of times, always because of academic stress and always in the last few weeks of a semester. Around that time, my academic workload tends to build up to ridiculous levels, with piles of reading, exams looming around the corner, final papers out the wazoo, and I wonder what it's all for, and realize that if I do poorly, I will bear a poor mark on my transcript for all eternity and therefore won't be able to get into grad school, which in turn means that I will not get a good job, which ultimately means that I'm an utter failure as a human being.

That's when I contemplate jumping. See. . . Cornell University has the highest suicide rate in the Ivy League and one of the highest in the country. Furthermore, that the demographic with the highest suicide rate at Cornell is Asian males doesn't bring me much solace. As Ithaca is full of scenic gorges, jumping off of footbridges, including a number that run through campus itself, is the stereotypical way to go here. Every day on my way to classes, I walk across the footbridge and peer down into the water below and realize how easy it would be just to end it all and never have to deal with it anymore.

Granted, it's almost always winter here in Ithaca and so the gorge is always half iced over, so suicide isn't as pleasant a prospect, but even so, when depression settles, an icy end seems so much better than no end at all.

But then I remember that I've gone through this before, and even if I don't always do as well as I would like, I realize that the feeling will pass, and that I've come so far already, and that I know that I am the one who controls my own destiny. As Machiavelli noted, fortune may bring opportunity, but it is one's own ability (virtu) that can ultimately determine success or failure.

My advice: don't do it. Besides, the water's really, really cold.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Yeah... I seriously walked out the door with money in my pocket hoping to buy something that'll kill me off. In the end something changed... I never actually did go around to buying sleeping pills or whatever. It was so horrible though... crying and screaming and yelling for 2 whole days in a row and not eating a single thing for those 2 days... even after it I couldn't even eat... it was terrible.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Yea, it's all because of that little waterfall thing at Cornell. Everybody jumps off from there. My friend was frieked out about going there because of that. And my other friend was excited to go there because of that.

It's all a matter of perspective.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Yes, I think its all something we've contemplated. In a "what if... manner"
Then, I count my blessings. And I count how many people would be hurt if I left them like that.
I think of if I am brave enough to be that much of a coward. A samurai will look an army in the face and fight it singlehandedly even if it means death. But he would have died honourably.
I never want to leave people with the image that I was someone who gave up.
I never want to let myself die knowing it was because I gave in to my own fears.

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Back in fifth grade, yes. But I never made myself want to suicide ever again (maybe it's because I'm too optimistic -_-).

No. That thought never came to my mind. Even though my life is full of problems, I still regard life as beautiful. Suicide is not the solution in solving your problems. I have a friend who tried to commit suicide by cutting her wrist. She decide to stop because according to her it hurts. We had much a good laugh when she told us that. Anyway, suicide is bad. Besides I'm a roman catholic, commiting suicide will take you right to hell..

Signature

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

never thought of it...life is so good....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Never did! I don't want to think of that! >.<

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

i've considered it, but then i realize the my life is worth living XD. I guess when someone considers it, its because they jsut had a huge disappointment, or something really bad had happened and they thought they couldn't deal with it. I feel sad for those who committed suicide tho.

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

yep i do wanted but i didn't (has u can see). suicide is not the answer. if u are thinking of that talk to somebody first, don't do it in silence...

ah, everyone said everything i wanted to say.. >> hehe.. but yes i think many people have thought about suicide, just don't really do it... it does seem like a coward's way out of the struggle of life, but I also don't want to plan my death and can't find a good way to die without feeling pain. o__O

Signature Image

tinysnowfairy999

Tiny Snow Fairy_999

I agree w/ LinearX... but sometimes i think about suicide... but then I'm reminded of my friend's cousin's aunt that Had Shingles. She had them so bad off that she got into her car with a loaded 20 gage and shot herself just to ease the pain. She made the biggest mistake of her life the day she did that bcuz her pain was only temporary.

u never know how good you have it until you loose it all. So y loose it all now? you've got a great life a home and everything that is good in life! If you have a problem in life then just let it go. there's no point in killing yourself bcuz... hey the next day it might be a better day. Everyday's a brand new day, a second chance, a new promise, a new breeze. So just live your life and don't contem blade freedom.

u may not know this but, If you kill youself then you won't go to heaven. Killing is a crime and is a burden to your soul. So if you kill youself then where will you go Heaven or Hell? My friends a gangster and he just got broken up with. I worry about him bcuz he's not only tried to kill himself before but lots of other people and he's only 14. So think about it. Ur life is the best thing that 's happened to you really! I hope you take my advice and choose life! :D

We are who we chose to be and no one can change that except you.

D - Don't
F - Forget
T - To
L - Live

SwornLoyalty

not your ordinary fighter

Quote by lacusklein83I can understand how you feel. In fact, I've almost suceeded in it once, a few years ago. It's not easy when you're sick in the head, and most people don't understand. But really, in my heart, I've found that death isn't the answer. Sure, I still get depressed and life isn't easy (in fact, some things on this website have depressed me deeply), but I still try to live my life day by day. My point is, try to look at what you have instead of what you don't, Try to see your good qualities and talk to someone who might understand. In fact, feel free to PM me if you want to talk. I'll listen. And I'm sure a lot of other people here will too. Besides, I think it's nice to meet you, and I'd be sad to hear if anything happened to you or anyone else here.

i hear that. ive thought about it but ..... well you just gotta keep on living and find something ta live for. what this person said is true. i'll liaten

"All I am is a living corpse
Darkness is all I have left....
and I must return to it"

Signature Image

Proud Member of : {DnangelFans}{FightClub}{Shinobi}{Pro-Gamerz}{Gothic-Lovers}{AnimeClub}{Samurai}

Proud administrator of : {Ice-and-Snow}

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Hmm... once. I was just very annoyed and stressed out during that time. I wanted to bang my head to a wall. Good thing I snapped back to reality quickly. ^_^'
Besides.. I would be a hypocrit if I did. I help a friend snapped out of doing that. For that I am happy.
After that small incident, I put suicide as my top most useless thing to do.... I follow it strongly now.

Learning little by little.
Signature

I can understand how you feel. I've always thought about it, and I ran away once. I figured committing suicide would just be a cause to another problem.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Thought about suicide... Check.
Got over it? don't know... still taking prozac...

I planned on doing it at my senior Prom. Fortunately, I got sick, and missed the bloody event (HS was difficult for me... but everyone's grownup since then).... I digress... Anyways, I planned on making one of the happiest into the saddest moment people's life.

My current view of Suicide is that it's one of the most selfish things an individual can do. You never really thing about those who'll be affected by your actions. Family, friends and loved ones have to pick up the pieces and ask themselves "What did I do wrong?" Never mind funeral costs.

Oddly I'm for the right for assisted suicide for terminally ill patients for the same reason... to lessen the suffering and burdon of loved ones...

Besa

Abyss

Many times,but I never tell anyone though.

And it's stupid to commit suicide,but sure suicide is the easiest
way out of trouble and such but it will NOT solv anything.

Signature Image

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.