page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Cancel

I took the SAT1 (edited version) today. My arm was blazing from writing an essay in 25 minutes. Otherwise the test wasn't THAT bad.

So...
Have you guys taken it yet?

• May 08, 2005

aikoyamada

aikoyamada

loyal Ouran Host Club fangirl

Cancel

I took it today too. I am taking an essay writing class this year at school so for me the essay was a piece of cake. I pretty much found the test to be disappointing. It wasn't really THAT hard or anything. I may be sounding haughty, so forgive me, but I don't get why people spend so much money on help books and study aids. If you're doing well enough in school, then that's enough to do well. ^-^ I'm glad it's over with.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Cancel

I have taken the SAT exam before, but I didn't need to write an essay. The older SAT exams had 7 parts, and usually there were 2 types of exams, one with 3 verbal and 4 math parts, and the other with 4 verbal and 3 math parts. This is to prevent cheating. I did fairly well on the SAT exam and scored a 1050, but I know that the grade could've been much better.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

• May 08, 2005

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Cancel

Agggghhhhh!!!!!!! I hate that stupid test! I've taken it twice, and twice the new version, essay and all! I guess I can't complain, I got 2000 on the last one, but I hate all forms of standardised tests, they're just so long and demeaning! >=0!! It's not that the test itself is hard, even though some math questions can be pretty tough, it's just that the entire process of "Do not turn to work an another section" speeches get on my nerves, and ten frickin' sections?! Why on earth is all this necessary?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Cancel

Quote by afanI took the SAT1 (edited version) today. My arm was blazing from writing an essay in 25 minutes. Otherwise the test wasn't THAT bad. So... Have you guys taken it yet?

Oh, the fond memories. Not only did I take it way back when (I got a 1500), but earlier this year I took it's big brother, the GREs, so I can completely sympathize with you.

Hope you did well, afan and aikoyamada!

Edit: Ugh. . . the new scoring scheme really throws me up. For the sake of geezers like me, if you note your scores, can you also give the oldschool equivalent?

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Cancel

Took mine almost a year ago. Score a 1100, 550 Verbel 550 Math. My first and last time.

• May 08, 2005

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Cancel

Well I've taken school entrance exams in the US and in China and Japan. And lemme tell you, the SAT's are a breeze compared to what Asian kids need to go through.

Essay in 25 minutes for the new SAT? Try writing poetry in ancient chinese.

Hard vocab that you've never seen before? How about some kanji that's been out of use for the past 100 years??

the SATs really are nothing compared to other tests that I've taken.

Edit:
Though I do sympathize with you all. Really I do. I know how much it sucks to have to memorize words like crepuscular and termagant.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

• May 08, 2005
Cancel

Haven't taken it yet, but i signed up for the SAT in June. The only reason why i didn't take today's was cuz i was too lazy to sign up >_<

Talking about the SAT, personally i think the essay is pretty pointless, as if they wanted to truly test a person's skills at writing, it would be better to have at least a 35 min writing period at the very minimum...but that's just me.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Cancel

I took the SAT Subject Tests today, in Biology E/M and Math IIC. I'll be taking the regular SAT next month. ^^ I think I did fairly well on the biology section, have to wait and see the scores. Math...not so good. It's not my strong point, plus it covers up to PreCalc, which I haven't taken. I'll probably end up taking it again in the fall. It's only because UCSD and CalTech require it. >_<

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Cancel

I took the old SAT, along with 4 SAT IIs (Writing, Math IIc, Physics, US History). I got 1570 (770 verbal, 800 math), 770, 800, 750, and 770 respectively.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Cancel

I have to take around this month. I did fairly well on the practice ones, so I hope I can do good on the real one.

But the math part... :x

<-- is doomed T_T

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

Cancel

i took a practice one once...

i did okay on writing and math...

but i sucked at the reading comprehension...
*cries and runs away*

retire

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Cancel

Well, I take SAT classes so I pretty much know how is it like already, but I'm not good at all. XD I'm taking it in June. I hope you did well on yours though! ^_^

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

Cancel

uh no.... not old enough to take it yet! But I did take the PSAT and scored pretty well on that.

• May 08, 2005

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Cancel

I pity all the underclassmen. They all need to take the new SATs that's what, 4 hours long??? haha, and the even younger middle schoolers need to suffer whatever the else college board comes up with to change the test even more. hahaha

sorry, didn't mean to make fun of anyone. Just think of it this way, do well on it, and it'll help in get into a better college?

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

• May 08, 2005

Tank

Tank

Final Chapter

Cancel

not yet .... i taking the SAT next year
now im takign the ACT in the summer
hope its not too hard

This user's signature violates the policy and thus has been removed by a moderator.

• May 08, 2005

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Cancel

Whaa! I am t3h failure. 2110 on new SAT. Blast you CollegeBoard! May you rot forever in the Satan's Armpit!

• May 08, 2005
Cancel

How do they score the new SAT? I took the old one a few years ago and got a 1500. My sister will be taking the new one soon, so I'm rather interested.

• May 08, 2005

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Cancel

I took it back in HS. I made a 1360. Not bad I guess...
Still not enough to get into the college I wanted to for freshman year. :}

Cancel

Quote by shinsengumi

Quote by afanI took the SAT1 (edited version) today. My arm was blazing
from writing an essay in 25 minutes. Otherwise the test wasn't THAT
bad. So... Have you guys taken it yet?

Oh, the fond memories.
Not only did I take it way back when (I got a 1500), but earlier this
year I took it's big brother, the GREs, so I can completely sympathize
with you.
Hope you did well, afan and aikoyamada!
Edit: Ugh. . . the new scoring scheme really throws me up. For
the sake of geezers like me, if you note your scores, can you also give
the oldschool equivalent?

Quote by DeskanarHow do they score the new SAT? I took the old one a few years ago and
got a 1500. My sister will be taking the new one soon, so I'm rather
interested.

Whoa Shin! You got pretty high! My brother got a 1540 too. :D
The old one was score by
Math max- 800
English max- 800
for a total of 1600 points right? Now the people added SAT II Writing (which is 800 points) to the SAT I revised version.

Biri? You're going to CalTech?! I hope you make it! That's one hard school.

• May 08, 2005

Ace7388

Ace7388

Pervert

Cancel

augh!!!! I took it today, I think I failed. Those reading passages were so boring -_-

Signature

• May 08, 2005

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Cancel

Lucky me, I have to take NCEA Level 3 in three years. Which is such a load of crap. At least the SAT is straightforward.

Brownie the Cat

• May 08, 2005

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

Cancel

no... it's next year for me i think... lol.. what the??? what are you a child prodigy!??!?!?

Cancel

Quote by kotokono... it's next year for me i think... lol.. what the??? what are you a child prodigy!??!?!?

Nope. Just a practice test. But for most other people, it was real (because they were juniors/seniors). I took it just for the heck of it. XD

• May 08, 2005

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.