Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any highschoolers in the IB program? - Minitokyo

Any highschoolers in the IB program?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I just thought of this. I'm in the International Baccaulaureate program in highschool. It's a program that's around the world, headquartered in Cardiff , Wales, and also Geneva Switzerland, at least that's what I've been told.

So I was wondering anyone else heard of this or is actually in the program too?

Or am I just a friek for doing all that extra work for nothing?

IB alumni also welcome to share experiences.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

:\ Never heard of it before. *stumped*. Sorry.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Redfalling4ever

Redfalling4ever

Sakura Kasugano

wah!!! I'm not alone, i got to that evil school here in Connecticut the U.S. This place it just too much work but i'm sure it will pay off in college as they all say -.-'. Its a relief to find other people in this program and know how it is going to a school like that. Its really cool...
~Jen~

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

woohoo a fellow IBer. Paying off for college..... hehe.... we'll see......... I'm just hating all the stupid extended essay crap........ -_-

EternalParadox

O.o ive nvr heard of it, but if it came here, id sign up in a second

never heard of it

Signature
what can u save with feelings alone......

bookworm

bookworm

Book Master

never heard of that program, what's it about? or is it just something you made up for fun... :hmpf:

I would rather be a poor, poor begger in a cottage full of books, than someone who has no desire to read...

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

I was accepted, but decided not to go (got into Georgia Tech w/o IB). My younger brother is in it though

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

I can't say I'm familiar with the IB program. Is it anything like the AP program?

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

We used to have IB programs, but the school board canceled all of it last year. Now we only have AP.
I still don't get the difference though. They both just get you first year credits for university, and I will retake those course again so my GPA won't drop. They are pretty useless. However, I have 4 AP courses.

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Useless. That's what I've been thinking. I have plent O'APs. So psh IB. Plus all those extra exams you have to take. grrrr

EternalParadox

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

Hey yeah me too! Just got done with our debates and can't wait to find out what I got on my mini-extended essay... 60% of our grade! Don't worry you're not a freak doing extra work for nothing I think that it's a great opportunity. We're not the bookish people that everybody thinks we are, we're all just normal fun loving teenagers.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

I don't think either IB or AP is fun. I have 2 AP exam in the next 2 days.
I am stressing out.

Signature

I was in the IB program, and it sucked big time. I guess if you are willing to work your butt off for it, it's a great program with good payoffs. But to me it wasn't worth it.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

IB and AP are definitely NOT fun. 4000 word EE (extended essay) o_O!!!!! and I had to take a who day of math exams for AP and IB. On the same day!!!!!! and tomorrow I've got a AP Physics exam.

and they scheduled my IB math at 6:30 in the morning, and tell you to show up at 6:00!!!!! that is soooooo not fun.

EternalParadox

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

It's not that bad.

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I'm in the IB program also. Well at least Pre-IB. I'm a freshman, 9th grader, at my high school. You don't get into IB till the junior year.

gnXiahouDun

gnXiahouDun

General who Displays Firmness

I graduated from the IB program. I'm not sure how it normally works in other places but when I was in high school, you had the option of taking partial IB (as in a few subjects instead of the full course load) and I chose that option. Was it useful you ask? Depends...it is definately a lot of hard work and really it doesn't really change your university acceptance chances for the most part.
What I like most about the program though is that you develop a very strong work ethic because of all that hard work you put in. I find that a lot of people hit a brick wall when they go to university because they did not learn to work hard in high school and this hurts their chances of getting in professional colleges which require a high GPA. Not everyone falls in this pattern though.
Another advantage is that you do a lot more course work in IB entering almost parts of university level classes. Having that kind of background really does help you when you take the university level equivalent of that class.
This is just my experience and take on things and it has been a few years since I've graduated from high school so many of the things I've said may have changed. Also sorry if I sound incoherent at times in this post...I haven't been feeling all too well lately. I realize this post is very old but I couldn't help myself from posting.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~Confucius~

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

i was accepted into IB but i moved so i'm not in it, but since i hear how good the program is for getting into college or university i'll most likely apply again since a new IB school is opening up when i finish the 9th grade where i moved too, i think its a really important program so i dont mind applying again to get in, but i hear that its just as hard to get in when applying after 9th grade, or something like that

Quote by gnXiahouDunI'm not sure how it normally works in other places but when I was in high school, you had the option of taking partial IB (as in a few subjects instead of the full course load) and I chose that option.

i've never heard of that, i dont think that option was offered

Quote by gnXiahouDunWas it useful you ask? Depends...it is definately a lot of hard work and really it doesn't really change your university acceptance chances for the most part.
What I like most about the program though is that you develop a very strong work ethic because of all that hard work you put in. I find that a lot of people hit a brick wall when they go to university because they did not learn to work hard in high school and this hurts their chances of getting in professional colleges which require a high GPA. Not everyone falls in this pattern though.

yeah i do hear its a lot of work, thats a really good point though, more of a reason to apply again so i'm definitly going to go for IB in the end of the year

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

I was excepted into the IB program at the high schol near me (cameron, in Canada) but I choose a different program over it at a diff High school just cuase IB seeemed like a lot of work for nothing (other then good stuff for university..but I like to think I don't need that to help me out lol)..and reading these posts its seems like I made a good choice.

*scowls* i used to be in canada. but then i had to move to a town in the farthest place in england (weston-super-mare). *scowls some more* and the closest for me is in cardiff but there's no way in hell i'd make that trip every single day. my rents don't want to move either and i'm not legal yet to move by myself. i'll plan to get in the DP program later though XD and i'm actually looking forward doing the extended essay. ^^ yeah i know i'm mental.

ChunkySkillz

ChunkySkillz

~Kira Yamato~

Quote by EternalParadoxI just thought of this. I'm in the International Baccaulaureate program in highschool. It's a program that's around the world, headquartered in Cardiff , Wales, and also Geneva Switzerland, at least that's what I've been told.

So I was wondering anyone else heard of this or is actually in the program too?

Or am I just a friek for doing all that extra work for nothing?

IB alumni also welcome to share experiences.

Well, You can say I'm a highschooler, my school does offering the program, but I decided not to join it, coz ur English must be good, mine is just B

Group Administrator of ~ Make-A-Friend ~ MT-Singapore ~ Kira-Lacus~Athrun-Cagalli

Signature Image
Friends need not agree in everything or go always together, or have no comparable other friendships of the same intimacy. On the contrary, in friendship union is more about ideal things: and in that sense it is more ideal and less subject to trouble than marriage is.

Our school also offers the IB program =] I think it's widely acknowledged around the world... although there have been some debate on whether the AP program is better or not in the US. I'm doing full IB to get some college credit ^^

FireflyStar

*bonk*

I'm IB! I live in Canada and I'm in grade 11. So far, IB seems kinda easy for me... maybe I can jsut handle a large workload but all my other friends complain a lot about how stressed they are.

Don't worry for doin gextra work for nothing. Here apparently it really really pays off in university.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.