Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How would you cope with constant moving? - Minitokyo

How would you cope with constant moving?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I was looking at some old pics on my computer, and I became really sad.

Ever since I was little I've been moving a lot. And not just buying a new house, but from country to country, culture to culture, continent to continent.

Some may have read, I was born in China, then moved to Japan when I was little, then back to China, then Switzerland, then the US. and now I frequently travel back and forth. I'm missing all my friends from so many places. And now at 17, I really feel like I've missed out on a big part of childhood with a set group of good friends.

Does anyone else share similar experiences? And how would you cope with the lack of continuity in life?

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Oh yeah, my dad just up and moves everytime he thinks the school system is cheating him. I've left so many friends behind... :(

Why do you kill the joy of death?

bookworm

bookworm

Book Master

i thought people would be happy if they moved alot, because if you keep on moving you get to see many things and make many friends...

I would rather be a poor, poor begger in a cottage full of books, than someone who has no desire to read...

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

But the way I moved, you never get to stay in a place long enough to make long lasting friends.....

Esp if you move between countries.....

EternalParadox

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by EternalParadoxI really feel like I've
missed out on a big part of childhood with a set group of good friends.
Does anyone else share similar experiences? And how would you cope with
the lack of continuity in life?

i know how you feel, its been the same way for me. altho ive always been in australia, ive moved around alot.

I was born in Melbourne. After I was born, my parents and I went to alot of places around the world (which i cant even remember, they used to say "do you remember when we went to blah blah" and i would always say, no i dont remember any of that :-( ). After that I think we travelled around the west coast of australia until we got to cairns. i was about 6 years old then.

we lived in a caravan park for about half a year there, then moved into a house. i started school not too long after that. i lived in Cairns for 6 years, and despite the hot weather I didnt' like, I wasnt bad living there. but my mum & dad broke up, and Mum wanted to move away from Cairns, so we moved to a little country town called Boonah (near Brisbane).

Boonah was awful. It was a quiet, boring and depressing (imho) little town that i couldnt stand living in. My Mum and my sister felt the same way by that time too.

We moved to a larger town called Lismore in northern New South Wales. it seemed like an alright place that was at least better than Boonah. I've never had good social skills and its hard for me to make friends, but in Cairns and Boonah, at least I had a couple of friends that were alright to hang around with. In lismore, I never really did make any good friends. I didnt mind for a while, but thru the 4 years I lived there, I slowly become more and more sad and depressed. Being abused at school the first 2 years I lived there didnt really help either...

Anyway, a month ago, I moved back to Cairns, to stay at my Dad's place. But I am no longer going to school. I am starting TAFE in the middle of the year instead.

How have I coped with it? I havent really. I've just become more and more depressed. I wish I didnt feel like this, but i really dont feel comfortable living where I am.

I've always wanted to live in a city, like Sydney or Melbourne again like when I was soo young I cant even remember. Theres just something about the city which I love. Its so big, with so many people, and so many things to do, but theres just something else I can put my finger on. Maybe its got something to do with how I was born in the city, I dont know, but I dont think I will ever be really happy and not despressed until I move back.

I moved 7 times already and I'm only 20 XO Yeah, it does suck to move so much. It doesn't give you enough time to settle down and have an actual home. I'm planning on living in Houston for a while though, I'm tired of moving and starting all over. I would go back to Holland, but I seriously don't feel like moving anymore especially during my crucial college years.

Be Free and Masturbate

Quote by EternalParadoxBut the way I moved, you never get to stay in a place long enough to make long lasting friends.....
Esp if you move between countries.....

The only imortant thing is to have ONE friend . . . as lond as you alwasy have one friend . . . that's all that really matters. Someone to write to or talk on the phone . . . I have one and I don't know where I' be without her.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
-Emiliano Zapata

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Quote by DIstantStarThe only imortant thing
is to have ONE friend . . . as lond as you alwasy have one friend . . .
that's all that really matters. Someone to write to or talk on the
phone . . . I have one and I don't know where I' be without her.

Yea. I guess all these years growing up I've made 3 really good friends total. One girl I grew up with in Japan, another girl in the US who then moved to France, and a third guy friend who's still in the US. They're the only ones that really know anything more about me than just on the surface of who I SEEM to be. Especially the girl who moved to France. She's the only person with whom I share my deepest secrets.

It's comforting. But not seeing them really does make me sad. :(

EternalParadox

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

travel light mentally . ;)

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

Friends are over rated. I don't know one person, I went to high school with, now. I don't remember anybody from home either. (earlier than that) College is where it's at.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

Quote by animefreak3Friends are over rated. I don't know one person, I went to high school
with, now. I don't remember anybody from home either. (earlier than
that) College is where it's at.

That is one thought that is completely unconforting lol. You always think that you'll remain friends with people for so long...and then you realize that knowbody discusses their high school friends. Nobody even remembers their high school friends by the time they're 25. Wait...this was suposed to optimistic. Sorry bout that :(

it realy doesnt matter how many friends u have all u need is atleast one , because to many friends could be anoying and one is enough......

Signature
what can u save with feelings alone......

1mm0rt4l

Consummate Sniper

The best I can suggest is to learn to adapt quickly to new environments, and try to keep in touch with the friends you do make, ie: Letters, email, AIM, Phone O_o

Signature

Hikaruu

Hikaruu

Hikaru~

Mm-hmm I agree. Keep in touch with your "best" friends as much as possible.

Signature

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

well its kinda tough i must say. we also do that a lot changing from one location to another but you need not worry. you can always gain friends and that's a challenge for me. you can always send an email to your friends,perhaps call them.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ventures

ventures

rabu rabu <33

well...my family once moved to uk for two years..
than back home...and I have moved twice though only to another state..
yeah...I guess it does feel bad moving around so much..
but I can't say that I hated it that much..
but it was always hard at the beginning..you just have to cope with it I guess..
I try to keep in touch with my best friends but its never the same when ur so far
had to make new friends after all..
nothing much to it actually....

Signature

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

well to me you can never regain your childhood memories once their done their done and it's a shame that many parents move too much when their child is already stable in one place it's not good to move too much it's very sad but most families see it as a way to help their child explore the world but their just taking their fun of being a child away. I have not experience this tho so I can't really say much but sometimes it's best to just look on the bright side even if you don't see one it's there ^_^ I know if I have kids I would want them to be in one place and then when they get older they can fly to where ever they want ^_^
and explore the world when their ready :D

Well... I move a lot to, but only in one country - Poland. It's hard... You dont know anyone... Noone knows you... Sometimes they bully you and you don't even know why...
But hey! The live goes on ;D I gues that now you have frends EternalParadox-kun ;D If there will be a next time just say that you don't want to move ;D

Signature Image
Open your eyes...
I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

8ball

8ball

Oh dear god, the cuteness!!

I know the feeling, since birth I've been all over the world, practically every country in south asia, mid africa, west europe, northern north america and south america; but thing is, I wasn't particularly the type to have anyone to wave goodbye to.

I was quite the delinquint at that age, I changed around the beginning of high school while I was in Dhaka, Bangladesh. And currently I'm boarding with a swiss-french family in Switzerland. I've probably moved over 29 times in the last 17 years.

I would never regret what i've gone through, but certainly, there are times I've wished to return to. I was always too quiet to make any good friends, so I've always felt a bit lonely. However, travelling has certainly made me a better person ^_^ - and i like to think I've come a long way because of it.

Because of it, I managed the time to develop my literature, develop a sense of self, start a business, practice martial arts and foremost, watch anime hehe.

- 8ball
If it's good, I'll watch it; if it's great, I'll buy it; if it's cute, I'll eat it...

Available Web Designer/Developer, extra-generous to anime-related projects

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Old thread of mine that's been bumped.

closed.

EternalParadox

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.