Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Better Scans - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Hmm yes I was wondering if im allowed to submit scans that are the same but are high quality or are a higher res/size than the previous. Well who knows the scans i wanted to replace arent that much of a change, theyre just a bunch bigger >_> Well i guess its good to know these rules anyways

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I will delete doubles of lower quality. Send in as many as you want... it might be nice to post here which scan you think yours is superior to.
You are not allowed to resize someone else's scan and say "Mine's bigger."

I will pin this in case people want to do this.
(Mods: If it's not cool, unpin and take this comment out :D)

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

it must "significantly" higher in quality please.....not just resized ....xd

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I agree with zz bigger is not always better(in this case anyway..lol). I was going to post some scans, but were dupes and didnt know if they would be picked over the other one for sure. I think this will help in that area. So are we suppost to post ours and theirs in this thread, then plead our case?

Signature

Ok. well Mine isnt resized its size after being scanned was larger... I mean its larger but i didnt resize it. anyways I guess its a good topic, but does bigger make a diff?

Well ok heres one example ( -_- i have many others ) http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/3804/ this is a naruto scan and its size is 1260x856 I have one that is larger 1800x1223. What my question was just if you guys realy need this change or not. I can say with some confidence that my larger version is just cleaner (but i mean its pretty miniscule), at such a size though I dont think such a thing matters. Just wanted to know the rules.

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

ill say it again.. scan quality is hardly about size, but rather about factors such as sharpness, grainyness and the like.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

If you see a bad scan, the report feture is working great now.

Signature Image

Is there a limit to the resolution/filesize?

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by YRPNovaIs there a limit to the resolution/filesize?

Res, no. 2mb size limit though.

Signature Image

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

are we talking about resolution or pixel dimensions?
because an image might have huge pixel dimensions and small image dpi, does that matter?

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

Quote by Sheqelill say it again.. scan quality is hardly about size, but rather about factors such as sharpness, grainyness and the like.

Forgive me if this has already been asked in the Art Lounge, but could someone direct me to a tutorial for making better quality scans, with regards to these issues?

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by macguges

Quote by Sheqelill say it again.. scan quality is hardly about size, but
rather about factors such as sharpness, grainyness and the
like.

Forgive me if this has already been asked in the Art Lounge, but could
someone direct me to a tutorial for making better quality scans, with
regards to these issues?

you cannot raelly increase the original quality. The most one can do is remove noise and some artifacts using photoshop.

Does this mean I can report all of the pictures that people have just taken and blown up in photoshop and now look like crap?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.