Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Love between people in a same family... - Minitokyo

Love between people in a same family...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 115 total items

sean392

Life is a Road to Nowhere...

hmm....... well..... all i can say is that she shud follow her heart......
i dun find anything wrong if theres true luv involved........
sorry i cudnt help.....[im hopeless i noe] i just hope god sets up sumthing nice for both of them in future.......

Life have taught me, being nice will get you killed
being helpful will get people to take advantage of you
Call me evil, i will do whatever it takes, to bring everyone down to their knees.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by HoltWell in answer to your previous question about what an anime character would do in this situation, they'd continue their relationship and live happily ever after. But I'm sorry to say that's the anime world. In reality, having a relationship with someone so close is really not a good idea from the genetic point of view.
I sincerely hope everything turns out for the best for your friend whatever happens.
I must say that you're a great friend for standing by her in such a troubled time. Your friend's very lucky in that respect.

Well, I know everything magical just happens in movies or in this case in anime. This can be happened in real world. I don't know if I can handle this anymore, now everything seems fine but this afternoon, my friend's cousin will be at her house, I agree with her to wait for her cousin and we'll think of the best solution together, but things getting intense every hour :(
i just hope he's going to be here as soon as possible. This should be ended.
Well, that's very nice of you to say so, I'm really surprised of myself, she is not my best friend but I did really got into this with her, am I really great friend?? ^_^

Quote by AdventChildTheir decisions are their own to make. We can't ask for a choice either way.

I know it's their decisions and I would be glad if I have nothing to do with it but my friend want me to be there when they have their final decisions and whatever it is she wants me to be there for her, I will be there for her for sure but I'm afraid that I can not handle that well if something bad comes up :(

Quote by sean392hmm....... well..... all i can say is that she shud follow her heart......
i dun find anything wrong if theres true luv involved........
sorry i cudnt help.....[im hopeless i noe] i just hope god sets up sumthing nice for both of them in future.......

Some also said that she should follow her heart but she's confused and scared now so as I wrote above, she wants to see her cousin then they'll decide everything together. I really appreciate your help anyway ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

oh dear i wouldint know what to say....... T_T

Signature Image

Siri

Siri

Suou

(i've only read the first page i'm going to bed soon lol sorry =.=;;)
but i think you need to sit her down and tell her

she needs to look deep down inside and ask herself
if she loves him enough to go with him and bear all the hardship
then she should. and after she makes that decision theres no going back
she should just believe in herself and her choice

but before that...
i really recommend her to find a guy who she thinks is okay or decent and just try him out
(lol this is really unfair on the guy though >.>;;)
but i'm wondering if she's so stuck on her cousin because she's never let herself open up to the possibility of being with someone else. or really given them a chance because they just don't seem to compare... but maybe she's not giving them a chance to compare
(this is all just speculation i really wouldn't know)

i don't actually believe in there being a "one true love"
her cousin might be one of the many people who just so happened through a bunch of events to touch her heart in a way no one else has
that doesn't mean he's the only one who can do so..

if they can both move on i really hope they can

but if they can't i can't condemn them either. i just wish her good luck

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

antipeople

bastion of negativity

This sounds like something from an anime...

Signature
FMA roxorz your boxorz...don't deny it.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by melmachine18I'm sorry, but I do not promote this idea. There is absolutely no
adventure in trying to be with one of your own instead of trying to get
with someone outside the family.

From your point of view, maybe.
But try putting yourself in her shoes. Your opinion probably wouldn't even be close to what it is if you loved your cousin in a way more than a family member should. People need to understand how difficult the situation is for her. :)

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

^^ Very true. Which is why I said that in the end, she herself must make the decision because our advice pales to what she is feeling. We are not in her position. We don't know how painful it is for her....

I hope it all works out. Some how, some way.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Finally....I really saw the man of my friend's dream-her cousin.
Wow, he is awesome everyone, I must say and now I know why she loves him that much. He's very handsome, smart and very kind. I had a chance to talk to him this afternoon when I was at my friend's house. She seemed fine when he was nearby, I'm glad but that means they will have to tell their parents about this relationship. *nods* yep, nothing can tear them apart even their family. My work here is over I guess. I came home about 8 to let them have some privacy. They will tell everyone tomorrow. I hope everything will be fine then. Alright, now I can really have some fun and have a good night sleep XD Can't wait for good news tomorrow :D

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

I hope everything works out for them. This ordeal is not good, but not the end of the world. They love each other and I am sure they can work it out.

TekkaZeroX (on AnimePaper.net)

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

Quote by HoltThe main worry is that if their genes are too alike it may cause mutations in the genes of a fufure child. So if they're from different ends of the same family tree I wouldn't think it's so bad.

Time for a science lesson.

The female has a strand of the y gene about this long (as a representation of what's there and what isn't)

|
|

The males is this long

|

Any diseases the female has in the upper section of the gene will remain in the child because there isn't anything to counter it.

| <there isn't a male section like this to counter the potential diseases.
| |
x y

In direct relations (ie. bro and sis) There is no adaption in any part of the gene in both male and female (because they are the same) in order to "evolve" to prevent mutation

ie.

A
S
d D
g g

x Y

The female has a corrupt gene (G) and the male also has it. if the female (or male) had kids with someone else, for example

A
S
d D
f g

x Y

Then the male's (f) would fix the problem.

In the case of the direct couple, there is nothing to stop the mutation.

In cousins however, there may be a change in the genetic structure to save the baby. because the male (the cousin of female Y) has had a seperate set of parents, his gene may differ just enough to produce happy kids.

A
S
d D
f g

x Y

However, there is still a chance that he may still be too close to have kids safely...
A
S
d D
g g

x Y

It's a very risky gamble.

They could adopt though!!!

I did fall in love with my cousin (she's about 7 years older and i'm 15 now) and i didn't see anything wrong with it. we're only cousins by law. i'm adopted :)

lana

lana

Yume

Quote by BarbaraFinally....I really saw the man of my friend's dream-her cousin.
Wow, he is awesome everyone, I must say and now I know why she loves
him that much. He's very handsome, smart and very kind. I had a chance
to talk to him this afternoon when I was at my friend's house. She
seemed fine when he was nearby, I'm glad but that means they will have
to tell their parents about this relationship. *nods* yep, nothing can
tear them apart even their family. My work here is over I guess. I came
home about 8 to let them have some privacy. They will tell everyone
tomorrow. I hope everything will be fine then. Alright, now I can
really have some fun and have a good night sleep XD Can't wait for good
news tomorrow :D

I'm glad that they're able to wrap things up, finally... *prays for a happy future for them*
^_^

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

If they really really love each other... then I guess it can't be helped.
But I don't think it would work out, unless they are really mature about it and are willing to... "overcome difficulties".

Brownie the Cat

Riri-chan

Riri-chan

Eek. Did I do that?

Urk. I'm in a situation like that. But unlike those two people, I don't feel the same way to the guy who likes me. xT After all these comments, I think you probably got the answer for your friend. You're really kind, doing this for your friend.

I'm a christian so in the eyes of the Bible, that relationship is wrong. BUT, love is really complicated and I do feel sorry that your friend and her cousin are stuck in this situation. If only they weren't related but that's only a wish.

If they really love each so much that they can't handle not being together then be together. But 95% there's going to be a lot of pain and suffering. Especially if she's going have children. My parents are cousins and they were arranged to get married. I'm the 2nd child out of three. My brother and sister were born normally so their wasn't any problems. But they went through accidents that they're in the special education program. My sister can't grow and she's slow. My brother too. My dad is sometimes ashamed of this, especially of my sister. So sometime, she gets really depressed and my family ust get into arguments. I'm normal which is really weird. My mother is really exhausted from all these activities. Doctor checkups and getting stares from people.

Even though we really shouldn't care about what other people thinks, it sometimes gets to us. ERM, I'm just telling this because its like a warning of what might happen if she decides to get married to her cousin and decides to have children. Though it sounds like I'm trying to get pity or something. Hehe...

All I know is that, it's up to her.
It's her choice. And whatever choice she has, I hope that she will be well.

Quote by unicorn2006ehhh wow i feel like im the only one who finds this to be even remotely disturbing. i mean if, like holt said, they're very distant cousins or aren't blood related, that might be okay.. although i still cant get over the fact that this girl knows that this guy is a cousin (however remote is a secondary issue) and still let something 'romantic' like this ever start in the first place.

uhm, yeah ditto to what unicorn-duude here sed.....although i do completely agree that this is purely cultural. i guess im just a product of my culture then, cuz i would be that friend of hers who's urging her to get out more and meet other people...i have just never believed in that "soulmates" crap XP

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by HoltThis sounds like something straight out of an anime :)
How romantic ;)
i think it depends on how distant they are as cousins. The main worry
is that if their genes are too alike it may cause mutations in the
genes of a fufure child. So if they're from different ends of the same
family tree I wouldn't think it's so bad.

i think that i agree with Aa-chan
if most of their genes and traits are similar there could be a problem
but i guess that no one can fight love...

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Well as to genes and stuff.. i dont recomend having children with close family members, but love.. cant really control that, if you happen to fall in love with ya cousin.. lol.. well guess no way outta it. I have a pretty good looking cousin, and shes one of the rare good looking ppl who actually enjoy talking to me lol.. cause we already have so much im common (blood related after all), we get along well. So i can see why someone in a similar situation, prehaps someone whos doesnt get much attention from the opposite sex, would suddenly fall in love with their cousin, if their cousin is one of the ppl who actually talk to em.. just one possibilty. But for someone who has seen what else is out there, they might have some sence and deside just to stay freinds with their cousin.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

on the subject of love
i have been in love and thought there feelings were the same, the fact that i didnt act on it has haunted me on what might have been.
with regards to family members
personally i would not advise it but if your heart and mind are set it could be best to act. as so many have said at the end of the day it is her decision.
no matter what she chooses to do dont let regrets rule her life, we only live once (arguable) make the most of it. good luck i wish you both all the best.
p.s. i just saw the last page, doh!! and wish them all the happiness in the world your a good person for caring so much. neway see ya

Signature

"For evil to triumph, all that is necessary is for good men to do nothing." Edward Burke

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

omg, can't wait on this one's ending. i hope their parents have open minds..just one thing about their genes, i seriously advise to them not to have kids, coz if ever they do the their offspring/s will suffer for sure.adopt..

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

ewwwwwww....... that's just straight up weird....... I'm sorry but I'm very close minded ans can't really imagine that.......

Signature Image

Marmarlade Boy?

my older sister once thought i was having sex with her daughter. when she realise she was wrong, she laughed about it.

me and my niece were just sick at that thought. we were only wrestling.

i think that Incest is fine, she really should follow her heart, and if she doesnt want to be with any other man, or is really depressed or worried about, she should forget about what everyone says and just, be with him. They were made for each other, and though they may be first cousins, its stupid to be so depressed about not being with the one you love, although he is like, a step away. Its just like how i feel about Bi's, Gays, etc.

As other people said, love is blind, follw your heart....but then again, i may not know much, after all, i'm just another 13 year old with her beliefs and ideas.

wow, that really sounds like a typical anime romance thing...didn't know it actually happened in real life. but i think that they should totally go out or be a couple bcuz they shouldn't care about what other people think or it's "wrong", if he really loves her and she loves him. well...i kinda read that in america about 80 or 60 percent of the people marry their cousin first so....

yeah...people did it back in the "old days" and royalty do it..why not "normals"?

it doesn't matter. she'll find another boy not of the same blood.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 115 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.